BMW i3 Charging Notifications will notify on completion, unplugged early before fully charged and when charging has started or is delayed due to off-peak power plan

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007f7c4f7976d8>

It’s been driving me crazy ever since I got this car that I couldn’t get notified of charging updates, finally I got around to Node Red and I was able to get it up and running. I don’t know what parts of the config text I need to change to keep my info safe so I’m sharing a screenshot only. Happy to help anyone with this same car create their own if needed.

Interested (for my 2017 bmw i3 rex)

Do you have the BMW component working? When you have it working you should have a bunch of new entities that look like the below screen shots (will be a different name I’m assuming because I’m not a REX). I can help you build yours if you’d like. I’ve been messing with mine trying to get it to have the option to send me updates every 5 minutes when I’m fast-charging otherwise send updates every 15 minutes when < 50% and also every 30 minutes when > 50% when I plug in, it’s probably over-kill but I’m bored.

Hey guys,

New here can anyone give me insight on how to set this up? I have a bmw i3 and would love to be notified when my car us fully charged.

I’d be happy to help you out. Do you have NodeRed up and running? That’s how I got mine setup.