BOM Weather component, no summary

Apologies for derailing your thread a bit. Can you post your config for your sensor?

Station ID for Brisbane should be: IDQ10095, it does have a summary:

ftp://ftp.bom.gov.au/anon/gen/fwo/IDQ10095.xml

Just realised you are using the official weather platform or sensor. Neither of which give forecasts only current conditions. So no summary.

This custom component will do that: Australian Weather Forecast using BOM Public FTP

That’s quite alright.
In fact, this might look like it’s more inline with what I am after. Really all I want at the moment is the icon mapping, e.g. pouring, lightning, rainy, etc.

This custom component will do that: Australian Weather Forecast using BOM Public FTP

Thanks, I’ll check it out.

Hi David, with the new BoM radar component, does yours cycle through the images properly? I have both the original custom_component and the new native one setup on the same Lovelace page but only the custom one cycles through images… the native one is just showing a single image.

weather.yaml

camera:
  - platform: 'bom_radar'   #  https://community.home-assistant.io/t/australian-animated-radar-using-bom-public-ftp/83451
    name: "Perth Rain Radar"
    product_id: 'IDR703'

- platform: bom
    id: '703'
    delta: 600
    frames: 4

Lovelace.yaml

- type: picture-entity
    title: Perth Radar
    show_info: false
    show_name: false
    show_state: false
    camera_image: camera.perth_rain_radar
    entity: camera.perth_rain_radar
    tap_action: dialog

title: Perth Radar New
    show_info: false
    show_name: false
    show_state: false
    camera_image: camera.bom_radar_loop_id_703
    entity: camera.bom_radar_loop_id_703
    tap_action: dialog

Any ideas? (sorry for the thread going off-track)

Try changing your # frames to 6:

- platform: bom
    id: '703'
    delta: 600
    frames: 6

There are 6 available.

Well thats given me two images, 30mins apart… not sure whats going on there. The delta: 600 should make them 10mins apart like the custom_component does. :thinking:

The frames are 6 minutes apart. you need to set delta: 360 as well.

The delta has to match the website.

Thanks. Not sure what I was thinking there now that I look closer, need more coffee!

was interested to see what this did above the basic
entity: camera.bom_radar_loop_sydney

It locked up HA. :frowning:

BTW - @sparkydave - given you are using the Perth Radar, any reason you are over-riding the id/delta/frames and not using
?

It was only that I initially thought that I was previously using a ‘custom’ radar image other than the standard Perth one, but I later realised that it is actually my weather sensor location which is somewhat ‘custom’ compared to the base Perth one.

Now that I have adjusted the parameters of the BOM camera, it is working exactly as per the custom_component so I’ll be getting rid of that one from my config.

Hi Dave - I’ve been without internet for 10 days on a cruise but I see Tom set you right.

10 days! How did you survive?

It was a struggle. LOL.

1 Like

Did you even get the 512km composite working? All of my other scales work fine (I use an input_select to switch between views), but I get a black box for the 512km composite.

Nope. The issue is still open but no one has looked at it yet.