Bosch 5000i air conditioning

I was a out to tell you that, to switch tx and Rx, I’m glad that’s working :smiley:

1 Like

I’d say yes, the HVAC at least for outside look pretty much like mine and if it supports USB this solution should work, give it a try and let us know!

no. Default integration (Tuya - Home Assistant)

Ordered from tindie to test on 6001i. Thank you!

Can you elaborate a bit more for beginners?
I plug in this USB dongle, apply the code for ESPHOME. Thats it?
I have the Bosch 3000i.

Hi!, if you buy the USB-Esp32 device from tindie it comes with preloaded esp home I guess, I’m not sure since I made mine with one esp32 that was laying in a drawer, just reused an old USB cable and made the connections, also flashed esphome and loaded the config, and finally plug it to the HVAC, I had an issue reversing the tx and rx cable so I changed via esphome config and it worked. Sounds more complicated that what really is, trust me

1 Like

The dongles I’ve bought from Tindie are programmed and ready to go. You initially connect to the device’s hotspot and browse to a set IP, put your own WiFi details in and then within seconds it is discovered in HA. These things are 100% reliable.

1 Like

sad, I had to pay additionally for customs for shipping to Germany (Zoll) 9€…
The same device you can also find here Air conditioner Wi-Fi module SLWF-01 pro - HobbyElectronica
if available, but I guess no customs due to EU country.

However, I thought of crafting my own (I need 2 more of these).
I am new to this ESP thing. What do I need exactly to build my own? Ok, some USB connector, but which ESP chip exactly? And flashing this yaml file also makes it showing up in HomeAssistant with these nice controls as they are from this dongle from tindie?

Btw. I have the Bosch i3000 and the tindie dongle works fine.

Did anyond find the USB Port from the 6000i?

I’m also interested on integrate with HA a Bosch CLIMATE 3000i

Hi, delivered today. Tested on my Bosch CL5000i and absolutely everything is fine and working. I’m going to order 4 more pcs for my other air conditioners.

Did it work?

The 6000i seems to have no USB port. I’m new to this stuff so I don’t know how the port is called. The official wifi module from Bosch uses this cable https://www.klimaanlagen-heizungen.de/media/image/9c/2a/6f/Bosch_Klimaanlage_WLAN_Modul_G_10_Bild2.jpg to connect. Anybody know what this is called and if there’s an USB adapter for it?

Edit: This is what the port looks like:

1 Like

yes! It’s plug and play.

1 Like

I’m using the Tindie dongle with my 5000i, and while the control functions work perfectly, the sensors seem fairly buggy. I suspect most of these are issues with the AC hardware, but I’m wondering if these are working for others:

1. The outdoor temp sensor only works when the AC is on. This one is a known issue
  2. The “Current Temperature” doesn’t seem to indicate the actual room temperature, in this case the room is around 17 and I’ve set the heat to 18, yet the temp sensor is at 20 :confused:. This is the most annoying one because shows up on all the control widgets.
  3. The power usage and humidity sensors have no data. I assume these aren’t supported by the 5000i and easy enough to disable

Is that really a 6000i ? My inside looks totally different.

I think my picture shows the maintenance port. While that may work too somehow, I did some digging and found out the correct slot in manual of the official wifi module.

It’s this slot:

I also found a wiring diagram which list the CN13A slot as “adapter” but unfortunately does not show its pins. And the dumb rules of this forum won’t let me attach a second image because I’m a “new user” :man_facepalming:

1 Like

@nico1510 yes, it’s this one Ar Condicionado Mono Split Bosch Climate 6000i

The Buderus ac166i has exactly the same port and a similarly looking wifi module. Are there any updates on compatibility and pin assignment?

Hello,
I have bought this ESP32-S2-WROOM dongle : https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/1005006572059488.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.order_list_main.11.21ef5e5bRnhNEV&gatewayAdapt=glo2fra

it is loaded with ESPHOME and the climate code shared by @rossiluis22
The ESP32 is identified with all Climate features in Home Assistant when it is connected to a 5V USB power supply.
When I plug it to my BOSCH Climate 3000i nothing apear, the ESP32 is supply but I do not see it on Home Assistant.

I tried to modify the uart TX and RX pin in the code but nothing more.
Any one have an idea ?