Bosch Easy control integration wanted!

I will wait with this integration THX

@cpmarvin Would it be possible for you to contact Bosch for continueing a real integration? Since they gAve full acces to IFTTT (totally useless by the way) so why wonā€™t they give full acces to HomeAssistant? :slight_smile:

And something else: Do we really need the Bosch website? Canā€™t we talk directly to the device? Did you sniff the data? :slight_smile: Since local control will be better to be independend. I believe there are other automation systems (I believe it was HOOBS) that made a fake server (could be a HA addon) to control the older nefit easy in the past. Just keep the whole device off the internet :slight_smile:

@cpmarvin I had a look at your work. I donā€™t have enough time, but here is a hint. The bearer token is a JWT token. It is issued by an auth server (ie Keycloak) and the gateway only trusts it. So do not try and recreate the token, rather obtain it from the auth service.

JWT is just a json packed in a Base64. You can see the data within the JWT token by using a decoder like. https://jwt.io/

One of the more important fields in there is exp, marking expiry of the token. Tokens are often issued for 5 minutes after which you should either request a renewal (get a new token for an old token) or reauthenticate. Using the mobile app I now ses why it works the way it does.

Another important info is ā€œclientā€. This is often misunderstood. You should look at ā€œclientā€ as an app connecting to auth service.

The generic way my ā€œclientā€ is set lends me to believe this client was made specifically for me during device registration. You will need this if you ever try to authenticate yourself. I expect you will need:

• endpoint (url), I donā€™t have it yet
  • client: find it in the JWT (auth bearer)
  • device id
  • device pass
  • login pass
1 Like

thanks for the hint and explanation(this is my first try with homeassistant and not really a developer)

That means , once we know the url , we can just update the token every 3m (as an example) and the token will never expire ?

Great work guys and particularly to @cpmarvin for diving in the deep end. Good luck :+1:

Yes, pretty much what you expect. The end result would probably have a library ensuring we have a valid token, so the programmer would not bother with that.

I just hadnā€™t had the time to find where the auth server is and what exact api is on that server.

1 Like

Iā€™ve sent a mail to Bosch asking them if they would integrate it with Home assistant or give some help on this topicā€¦ the answer I got:
ā€œUnfortunately there is no current plan to expand the (home) Thermotechnology API for full self-service,
However we have registered and passed on your interest in the product, and that was appreciatedā€

I am a fan of the Bosch Easycontrol but Iā€™m seriously thinking of switching to a different solution for a home assistant integration. I canā€™t believe they donā€™t see an added value in thisā€¦

1 Like

Oh great. That I not what they are saying on their website, theyā€™re suggesting theire gonna open up.
Maybe sniff the data and make a ā€œfakeā€ server to let it connect to :wink: Like people did with the previous smart thermostat from nefit :rofl:

First of all thank for your work on this integration, it already looks promising from my end:
Capture
Iā€™m curious to see future development so if you need a tester, feel free to let me know!

1 Like

I have a Bosch CT100 and this worked for me flawlessly :

I can see and set temperature (there seems to be a delay in setting), the heater power and the outside temperature (I have a sensor outside).

This topic is not about the older Bosch but about the new Bosch Easy

So I had a look around on the Bosch developer site and noticed they have a swagger document for their API. This also includes a nice web interface. Which also exposes the end point for authentication and the options. One option is the expiry field that indicates you can request a long term token.

1 Like

Could be new. In the latest release they opend up some new possablities. Also Siri integration, so that means that itā€™s also accesable by the Apple ā€œShortcutsā€ appā€¦ So in mean time iā€™m experimenting with request and set temperatures of Roomsā€¦and transfer that data to another app like HA or Homekit to set that data in to a boolean, and this way transfer that data in to HA back and forthā€¦ (if you follow what I mean). I did not exceed with this work around but I keep trying in my spare time.
But anyway ā€œa normal intergrationā€, would be the best!

Trying this crazy sick work around: Bosch Easy control app > Apple Commands/shortcuts app in iOS > Home Assistant companion app, to copy the data from the Bosch appā€¦ :laughing:

It worked to get the values transported to HA via an input_text intergration. Iā€™ve made an automation for every room made them point to eachother at the end of each run to cascade the update. Too bad the shortcuts app doesnā€™t actually allow this proces to run/auto execute in the back ground every 10min. I had to manually make 48 automations to run this cascade every half hour in the backgroundā€¦

Hi there Iā€™m new to home assistant and I tried to use the POC by @cpmarvin.
I got it working and so far it looks promising.

I am wondering if there is anything I can do to help with the creation of a complete solution, or are we completely blocked by the lack of a decent api?

before using HA I did manage to use ā€˜.Tiardaā€™ https://www.bosch-easycontrol.com/nl/nl/easycontrol/tiarda/ maybe this can lead to some new insights?

tiarda is a chatbot by bosch which can be opened from the google assistant and then you can use it to control the easycontrol.

I did some experimenting using the swagger API. I was not able to generate a new token or renew the existing one because of lacking information.

for the renewal of the token i need to supply the ā€˜refresh_tokenā€™ which you normally get when the token is created. and creating a new token did not work because of an invalid redirect url.

Ciao all from Italia,
Iā€™m trying to use the api, I have just installed ct 200 plus 7 thermostat heads.
Unlucky in home assistant, after having installed from HACS the integration, I keep receiving the image as the one of norbert,
Is it still working for you?
Any suggestions?
Grazie

Bosch is currently ā€œmigratingā€ the data and app. Experience a lot of unwanted downs this week (I hate being dependend on a cloud party, want local control!) so maybe this weeks isnā€™t te best time to try things outā€¦

Well, I just hope that, after migrating or whatever, they activate a fully functional API instead of this useless API.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply, also I have received the notification of migration, hope it will bring new opportunities.
Grazie