Bosch Easy control integration wanted!

Hello, I am about to buy the Bosch EasyControl alongside my bosh combi boiler.

Did anyone had any update on the updated API ?

Hi,

No still not local API. But as I discribed you can use Apple Automator to tap a littlebit in to the Bosch Easy iPhone app to extract some basic data and then pass that to the Home Assisistant companion app wich in turn passes on the data to Home Assistant. It’s a work-a-round, but it works. It isn’t very refined, the temperatures are rounded to whole values, no decimals.

Further on Bosch Easy seems to be a bit of Dutch-Bosch app, and the Dutch didn’t open their local API. But recently there is also Bosch Smart home, seems to come form Bosch America, that seems more open and does have a Home Assistant integration! Maybe check that out also…works with the same per-room-bosch-radiator-themostats…

Has anyone an upgrade for this “direct-cloud” integration? I tried the Bosch developer site but cannot find a way to add my device, and see the message that self-service tryout is disabled. So don’t find the option to create a Bearer.

i’ve managed to get my easy control integrated in HA using the following integration:

bosch-thermostat/home-assistant-bosch-custom-component: HA custom component for Bosch thermostats (github.com)

it’s not local control because the cloud is used to communicate with your device. but i’m still happy to be able to control my easy control using HA

1 Like

That’s the guide I tried to use, but cannot find any way to get my Bearer. How did you do achieved this?

I do remeber having some issues setting it up. check the firmware version of your thermostat and the version of the integration. there are some issues there.

be sure to select ‘EasyControl’ when adding the integration.
The next screen should accept your serial number (without dashes)
and the acces code (without dashes)
and the password which you can reset using the bosch app itself.

1 Like

You made my day, finally connected :slight_smile:
Reset password was the trick;

It works, finally. Thanks to everbody involved ! :heart_eyes:

@kennetjuh grazie!!
Now is fully working also my ct200 and its 7 thermostat heads!

Just one more question, my wife is more used with HomeKit, do you think is it possibile to expose all them?

Thanks

i’m sorry i have no experience with homekit.

Good afternoon, just a quick update, I have created a second HomeKit only for climate entities. In filters I have put all thermostat head and they are all fully visible and working into my app home of iOS. Grazie

@pszaser Excellent! Thank you very much for this integration. A big thumbs up for you!

I only supplied the information here, i did not create the integration myself. so if you want to give some credits or buy him a coffee: @pszafer

bosch-thermostat/home-assistant-bosch-custom-component: HA custom component for Bosch thermostats (github.com)

Hi, today a tried https://github.com/bosch-thermostat/home-assistant-bosch-custom-component Integration with my Bosch CT200.

Connecting suceffuly but i experiencing problem that climate control temputure doesn’t change value. So bassicly if i change tempeture from 24 to 17. In EasyControl app tempeture gonna change to 17 but in homeassistant tempure gona stay same 24. Maybe somebody has any ideas how to fix this problem al some alternative solution ?

I also notice a delay, i assumed it’s because it’s still cloud control.
When i set a temperature it can take like 30s until the command made it’s round trip back to the sensors.

Hey guys,
I installed the custom component. When I want to install the integration (Bosch SHC) it asks me for the host. I filled in the IP adress from my Easy control, but I get “Failed to connect”. Can anyone tell me what I have to fill in for “Host”? I’ m really stuck here. Thx in advance for any help!

Try this: Home ¡ bosch-thermostat/home-assistant-bosch-custom-component Wiki ¡ GitHub

And use the installation guide

Hey Webeling,
Thx for the link!!! I should get it done now!

Damn,
Installed trough HACS, but I don’t get Bosch in the integrations, only Bosch SHC :anguished:

Does HACS work? After a fresh HACS install, please allow several hours of synchronization.