Bosch Smart Home

Got it from HACS, thank you. Also got the new entity, now I can delete my template sensor, this is more comfortable.

The one more thing. Is it possible to add ‘summer break’ functionality to home assistant? Means that TRV can be switch off.

The official app can do that and now i see ‘OFF’ tex on my TRVs.

Just press the „turn off“ symbol on the climate card or choose the service.

Hello Guys, just a short dump qustion: Is there any way to emulate the Bosch SHC firmeware in hass.io so that I don’t have to buy a Bosch SHC?

Hello,

I hope this doesn’t feel like hijacking this thread (if it does, though, feel free to tell me bluntly).

I got my first Home Connect device (washing machine) and I’m willing to spend a considerable amount of time / resources into using its smart capabilities but without it connecting to “the” cloud.

So far I managed to get all my smart/iot devices supported by HA without them having access to the internet, either by re-implementing / emulating the server part or by replacing the device’s firmware with a custom one.

Do you guys have any knowledge you’re willing to share which covers something like:
a) what hardware / SoC is used in Siemens/Bosch “home connect”-devices?
b) transport layer security and potential vulnerabilities (e.g. missing/wrong TLS CA verification)?
c) documentation / findings about “home connect”-API/protocol despite the official documentation?
d) other resources I could use as a base or maybe even somebody having done / reversed-engineered this already?

Thanks a lot!

mirko

Dear @mirko

this thread is on the integration for Bosch Smart Home Controller system (Covers, Door Sensors, …). The Bosch home appliance devices are discussed in another thread on home-connect devices.

Best, Thomas

I dont think that’s possible. If you already own a Bosch SHC device like a shutter contact sensor, you’ll need to buy a smart home controller (SHC) afaik.

Hi everyone!

I’m very happy to announce that the PR #34063 for the Bosch SHC integration was finally merged into HA-core :rocket: This first part brings support for the binary_sensor platform, i.e. the smoke detectors and door/window contacts.

In the next days, I will work on getting all the features from the custom components towards HA-core. I will inform on the progress in this thread.

I would be very happy to have the Bosch SHC system fully supported by Homeassistant soon. This would be a great achievement for all oy you actively discussing on features and bugs of this component.

Best, Thomas

2 Likes

Congratulations Thomas, I did follow the discussion around the PR and mega appreciate all the time and your efforts on getting to this point! I am sure this will raise so much extra attention to Bosch smart home components within HA!

Thank you very much!

1 Like

thank you. That‘s great news!

1 Like

I reviewd the requests activity, its really nice that you put so much work in this. hopefully the bosch smart home is defaultly integrated soon, because i now have a house of bosch smart home systems and would love to use in in home assistant. so nice that you put it to the core :slight_smile: thank you so much!

1 Like

The Integration worked fine for me so far. But suddenly I’m getting a lot of error-messagen in the log. Maybe it has something to do with the latest Core Updates. Is there anything I can do about it?

2021-05-21 05:21:35 ERROR (SHCPollingThread) [boschshcpy] Error in polling thread: HTTPSConnectionPool(host='192.168.178.xx', port=8444): Read timed out. (read timeout=15). Waiting 15 seconds. 2021-05-21 05:22:30 ERROR (SHCPollingThread) [boschshcpy] Error in polling thread: HTTPSConnectionPool(host='192.168.178.xx', port=8444): Read timed out. (read timeout=15). Waiting 15 seconds. 2021-05-21 05:26:10 ERROR (SHCPollingThread) [boschshcpy] Error in polling thread: HTTPSConnectionPool(host='192.168.178.xx', port=8444): Read timed out. (read timeout=15). Waiting 15 seconds. 2021-05-21 05:30:00 ERROR (SHCPollingThread) [boschshcpy] Error in polling thread: HTTPSConnectionPool(host='192.168.178.xx', port=8444): Read timed out. (read timeout=15). Waiting 15 seconds. 2021-05-21 05:32:14 ERROR (SHCPollingThread) [boschshcpy] Error in polling thread: HTTPSConnectionPool(host='192.168.178.xx', port=8444): Read timed out. (read timeout=15). Waiting 15 seconds. 2021-05-21 05:36:31 ERROR (SHCPollingThread) [boschshcpy] Error in polling thread: HTTPSConnectionPool(host='192.168.178.xx', port=8444): Read timed out. (read timeout=15). Waiting 15 seconds. 2021-05-21 05:39:58 ERROR (SHCPollingThread) [boschshcpy] Error in polling thread: HTTPSConnectionPool(host='192.168.178.xx', port=8444): Read timed out.. Waiting 15 seconds.

Hi @fogger
I updated my system in the morning to 2021.5.5, I don’t get the errors from the polling thread.
Did you try a restart if this fixes the issue?

Yes I tried several restarts since yesterday. The issue persists. I’ll try a rollback to an earlier version next.

The integration is no longer working for me. For that I decided to fully delete it and set it up again from scratch.

The end ist, that I am no longer able to setup the integration because the authentication is unsuccessfull in the step where I have to configure the cert and the key:

2021-05-22 18:02:06 ERROR (SyncWorker_1) [root] Body: None
2021-05-22 18:02:06 ERROR (SyncWorker_1) [root] Headers: {'User-Agent': 'python-requests/2.25.1', 'Accept-Encoding': 'gzip, deflate', 'Accept': '*/*', 'Connection': 'keep-alive', 'api-version': '1.0', 'Content-Type': 'application/json'}
2021-05-22 18:02:06 ERROR (SyncWorker_1) [root] URL: https://192.168.178.132:8444/smarthome/information
2021-05-22 18:02:06 ERROR (SyncWorker_1) [root] Failed to get information from SHC controller: API call returned non-OK result (code 400)!: b''

Even if I try to call that function using Postman, which works fine with every function the Connect-Box realy offers, I am getting back a 400 error. I am no even able to find the 8444/smarthome/information function in the Postman collection … Any hint what I am doing wrong?

Hi @markusmazurczak,
this is not the indended behavior of the lib. Which version of the integration are you using? If you are on the current master (0.4.2, have a look in custom_components/bosch_shc/manifest.json), you should not need to configure the cert and key anymore, but only provide your SHC system password (not in base64 encoded).

Edit: I also take a look into postman collection, it seems the call to https://{{host}}:8444/smarthome/information is not part of the collection, but it’s still responding with a correct result. Just out of curiosity: which version has your SHC installed? Mine has 10.0.1991-18647 installed.

Best, Thomas

Hi @tschamm,

well … updating the custom component did the job :slight_smile:
I was running on a pretty old version (do not know which one exactly but at least something between 6 or 8 month old).

My SHC is running with version 10.0.1991-18647.

If I execute a GET on https://{{host}}:8444/smarthome/information I am getting back a HTTP 400

Hi, Hoping for a hint to fix the Bosch integration.
All was working fine until today when I restarted HA for an unrelated reason. When it came back up it was not talking with the bosch SHC. I think the errors were authentication related.
I figured maybee the Bosch firmware changed at some point and maybee I needed to update the integration.
HA is 2020.12.1
bosch_shc WAS commit 9683c52bf219f8fbd82cac7f9dd8b7ed97cecbc6 and WAS working fine.
The bosch firmware is 10.0.1991-18647
Now I updated to bosch_shc v0.4.2 and I get the following error
Logger: homeassistant.setup
Source: setup.py:138
First occurred: 19:51:19 (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 19:51:19

Setup failed for bosch_shc: No setup function defined.

I COULD delete everything ad start again but it would be great to fix without having to re do all the integration.
Calls made via postman seem to work fine.

Thanks
Ben

Hi, that sounds tricky… The firmware did have a breaking change introduced beginning of May (new API version needed), so this could be the root cause after the restart. I never encountered this error you’re reporting. I’m not even sure if 0.4.2 works with HA version from 2020, I never did test backwards compatibility…

You can test two things:

• Is the folder of you custom component still correct? When moving to HACS, I needed to move all the code in the repository into the subfolder custom_components.
  • Can you have a look into /.storage/core.config_entries, if the entry looks ok?

Cheers, Thomas

Thanks Thomas,
Mybee its best for me to do an upgrade of HA then. Will give that a try tomorrow.
I did notice the folder moved and I compensated for that.
As for the config, the relavent section is

{
                "entry_id": "22477001bf5800d4fc88150ff9f557c4",
                "version": 1,
                "domain": "bosch_shc",
                "title": "shc028664",
                "data": {
                    "ssl_certificate": "/config/ha_clientcert_for_bosch.pem",
                    "ssl_key": "/config/ha_clientcert_for_bosch.key",
                    "host": "10.0.0.80"
                },
                "options": {},
                "system_options": {
                    "disable_new_entities": false
                },
                "source": "zeroconf",
                "connection_class": "local_poll",
                "unique_id": "64-da-a0-02-86-64"
            },

I was thinking to upgrade anyway but this was just a simple restart for some other reason and it caught me out, else I would have planned it properly.