Bosch Smart Home

Hi Thomas,
I guess these devices are Camera_Eyes lights? Is the error still there, even after rebooting HA?
Best, Thomas

Sorry Thomas – Since a couple of updates and reboots it didnt come back :slight_smile:

Hi all,

got my Bosch Controller with 5 smoke detectors and 1 twinguard about 3 weeks ago. Everything worked like a charm from the beginning, also version 3.3.0 works without problems.

I only have one question: is there a way to find out if the twinguard has detected smoke? all smoke detectors have the binary switch, but the twinguard hasn’t. Of course all other smoke detectors report an alert as soon as they are triggered, but I do not see any way to find out in which room smoke is detected.

Any help or ideas are appreciated.

Best,
Oliver

1 Like

Hi all.

After some updates I faced with the issue. It’s impossible to change the TRV temperature using this integration anymore. Every time I change the temperature using thermostat card I see the error:

I/O must be done in the executor; Use `await hass.async_add_executor_job()` at custom_components/boschshc/climate.py, line 209:

It’s also impossible to change the temp using service:

climate.set_temperature

Here is the screenshot:

Does anyone faced this issue?

@vigilcoma I guess you are using an old version of the custom component. Please update your custom component and try again. The easiest way is to delete the folder custom_components/bosch_shc and install the current version either via HACS or pull the current master. The current version is 0.3.3.

Sorry, I have already 0.3.3 installed via HACS.

Seems like there is no binary sensor created.

@grangnwochnfohra That was my mistake, the last post was meant as a reply to @vigilcoma question…

Coming back to your question: The twinguard does not expose the SurveillanceAlarm service like the smoke detectors. However, when the twinguard detects smoke, it will trigger ALARM_ON in the global SHC smokeDetectionSystem together with a list of incidents. I can add the smokeDetectionSystem as a sensor to our custom component. I hope this will help.

Sounds very good. If I can support you with testing or something like that please let me know.

@tschamm ty! I’ve updated. Looks like it’s a new integration (or maybe I use the old version), coz’ now I have bpsch_shc folder instead bpschshc. All the entities are visible and now I’m setting them up.

1 Like

Good news! You can fetch the updated version via HACS or from github now. You should have a new entity called -SmokeDetectionSystem-, which reports the collected state of all smoke detector and twinguard devices. If an alarm is triggered, this entity will change state and fire an event.

I did not yet implement the incident handling (reporting which device triggered the alarm). This would mean some more changes in the boschshcpy library first.

1 Like

Got it from HACS, thank you. Also got the new entity, now I can delete my template sensor, this is more comfortable.

The one more thing. Is it possible to add ‘summer break’ functionality to home assistant? Means that TRV can be switch off.

The official app can do that and now i see ‘OFF’ tex on my TRVs.

Just press the „turn off“ symbol on the climate card or choose the service.

Hello Guys, just a short dump qustion: Is there any way to emulate the Bosch SHC firmeware in hass.io so that I don’t have to buy a Bosch SHC?

Hello,

I hope this doesn’t feel like hijacking this thread (if it does, though, feel free to tell me bluntly).

I got my first Home Connect device (washing machine) and I’m willing to spend a considerable amount of time / resources into using its smart capabilities but without it connecting to “the” cloud.

So far I managed to get all my smart/iot devices supported by HA without them having access to the internet, either by re-implementing / emulating the server part or by replacing the device’s firmware with a custom one.

Do you guys have any knowledge you’re willing to share which covers something like:
a) what hardware / SoC is used in Siemens/Bosch “home connect”-devices?
b) transport layer security and potential vulnerabilities (e.g. missing/wrong TLS CA verification)?
c) documentation / findings about “home connect”-API/protocol despite the official documentation?
d) other resources I could use as a base or maybe even somebody having done / reversed-engineered this already?

Thanks a lot!

mirko

Dear @mirko

this thread is on the integration for Bosch Smart Home Controller system (Covers, Door Sensors, …). The Bosch home appliance devices are discussed in another thread on home-connect devices.

Best, Thomas

I dont think that’s possible. If you already own a Bosch SHC device like a shutter contact sensor, you’ll need to buy a smart home controller (SHC) afaik.

Hi everyone!

I’m very happy to announce that the PR #34063 for the Bosch SHC integration was finally merged into HA-core :rocket: This first part brings support for the binary_sensor platform, i.e. the smoke detectors and door/window contacts.

In the next days, I will work on getting all the features from the custom components towards HA-core. I will inform on the progress in this thread.

I would be very happy to have the Bosch SHC system fully supported by Homeassistant soon. This would be a great achievement for all oy you actively discussing on features and bugs of this component.

Best, Thomas

2 Likes

Congratulations Thomas, I did follow the discussion around the PR and mega appreciate all the time and your efforts on getting to this point! I am sure this will raise so much extra attention to Bosch smart home components within HA!

Thank you very much!

1 Like

thank you. That‘s great news!

1 Like