Bosch Solution 2000 / 3000 Alarm Integration

Hi folks,
New to HA.
I installed the integration and entered the IP address, passcode etc and it connected successfully.
However, I’m getting an error and when I checked the log, I get this:

This error originated from a custom integration.

Logger: homeassistant.config_entries
Source: custom_components/solutions3000/solution3000.py:648 
Integration: Solution 3000 
First occurred: 12:37:42 AM (1 occurrences) 
Last logged: 12:37:42 AM

Error setting up entry StarfleetHQ for solutions3000
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/config_entries.py", line 383, in async_setup
    result = await component.async_setup_entry(hass, self)
  File "/config/custom_components/solutions3000/__init__.py", line 35, in async_setup_entry
    await panel.initialise()
  File "/config/custom_components/solutions3000/solution3000.py", line 648, in initialise
    self.reader, self.writer = await asyncio.open_connection(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/asyncio/streams.py", line 48, in open_connection
    transport, _ = await loop.create_connection(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/asyncio/base_events.py", line 1103, in create_connection
    transport, protocol = await self._create_connection_transport(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/asyncio/base_events.py", line 1133, in _create_connection_transport
    await waiter
ConnectionResetError

and

Logger: custom_components.solutions3000
Source: custom_components/solutions3000/solution3000.py:525 
First occurred: 12:35:10 AM (4 occurrences) 
Last logged: 12:37:01 AM

Unexpected error fetching solutions3000_panel data: 0
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/update_coordinator.py", line 239, in _async_refresh
    self.data = await self._async_update_data()
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/update_coordinator.py", line 195, in _async_update_data
    return await self.update_method()
  File "/config/custom_components/solutions3000/solution3000.py", line 635, in update_status
    await self._req_data_status(
  File "/config/custom_components/solutions3000/solution3000.py", line 525, in _req_data_status
    data_by_id[data_id].status = enumeration(status)
KeyError: 0

I’ve checked and enabled all the settings in the configuration and have restarted (and rebooted) HA multiple times but it still gives the error.

Does any know what else I can try?

Thanks.

Home Assistant 2023.3.1
Supervisor 2023.01.1
Operating System 9.5
Frontend 20230302.0

Hi Sanjay,

Are you able to help me debug?

I installed the integration and entered the IP address, passcode etc and it connected successfully.
However, I’m getting an error and when I checked the log, I get this:

Logger: homeassistant.config_entries
Source: custom_components/solutions3000/solution3000.py:648 
First occurred: 12:37:42 AM (1 occurrences) 
Last logged: 12:37:42 AM

Error setting up entry StarfleetHQ for solutions3000
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/config_entries.py", line 383, in async_setup
    result = await component.async_setup_entry(hass, self)
  File "/config/custom_components/solutions3000/__init__.py", line 35, in async_setup_entry
    await panel.initialise()
  File "/config/custom_components/solutions3000/solution3000.py", line 648, in initialise
    self.reader, self.writer = await asyncio.open_connection(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/asyncio/streams.py", line 48, in open_connection
    transport, _ = await loop.create_connection(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/asyncio/base_events.py", line 1103, in create_connection
    transport, protocol = await self._create_connection_transport(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/asyncio/base_events.py", line 1133, in _create_connection_transport
    await waiter
ConnectionResetError

and

Logger: custom_components.solutions3000
Source: custom_components/solutions3000/solution3000.py:525 
First occurred: 12:35:10 AM (4 occurrences) 
Last logged: 12:37:01 AM

Unexpected error fetching solutions3000_panel data: 0
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/update_coordinator.py", line 239, in _async_refresh
    self.data = await self._async_update_data()
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/update_coordinator.py", line 195, in _async_update_data
    return await self.update_method()
  File "/config/custom_components/solutions3000/solution3000.py", line 635, in update_status
    await self._req_data_status(
  File "/config/custom_components/solutions3000/solution3000.py", line 525, in _req_data_status
    data_by_id[data_id].status = enumeration(status)
KeyError: 0

I’ve checked and enabled all the settings in the configuration and have restarted (and rebooted) HA multiple times but it still gives the error.

Does any know what else I can try?

Thanks.

Home Assistant 2023.3.1
Supervisor 2023.01.1
Operating System 9.5
Frontend 20230302.0

I don’t really read this page much, better asking on github im more likley to see things there
however, i have no idea whats going on here, but i will probably be rewriting this plugin in the future and hopefully it will work better once i do.

Thanks Sanjay for all your good work!

i’ll post on here so that other may be able to assist - does anyone know how to add a code pad to this integration on the dashboard?

If im not mistaken, enabling the require_pin option will tell home assistant that the panel requires a pin for arming and disarming, and that will automatically add a code input to home assistant for those actions.

Hi Sanjay, where would i find this field for require_pin?

its in the addon config iirc? you can probably tell i dont really check the forums much, i am more likley to see a question on github.
turn on “require pin to arm and disarm”

1 Like

Hi Mate how did you add the B426m to HA. Do I need to add the IP details in the configurtation.yaml file? What are the details can you guide me? I have IP, Port and Pin already just need to know how to add them in config file or if there is any other way to connect in HA?

i have a similar issue and stopped using the intergration a while ago because of it. everything loads ok and i can see deteciton on the sensors and stuff, but after 2-3 minutes everything stops, like the integration silenlty hangs. doesn’t crash, but stops talking to the panel, sensors still show as available even, but the state never changes. i’ve re-installed with the latest version from github but same again, after each reload i get 2-3 minutes of working time before it just hangs.

i’m still very appreciate of the work, this is as close as anyone has ever come to smart-homing this system, but its just not stable enough yet for me to switch over to this fully.

At some point i intend to just rewrite this entire addon and make something more stable, since i have learned a lot in the last little while and hopefully i can get something stable, i just need to finish up some other projects first before i can just sit there and dedicate lots of time towards getting something that works good

Hi @zmhmt

Did you manage to get this to work? I can get the alarm status in Home Assistant , but can’t Arm/Disarm it through the module

Here is what I did

1- Connected the “OUT” pin on the Konnected module to the “IN” pin of the interface module to control the Relay on the interface module
2- Set the jumper on the interface module to the “NO” positioned
3- Connected one of the relay terminal on the interface module to Z4 on the Bosch alarm
4- Connected the other relay terminal on the interface module to “COM” on the Bosch alarm
5- Programed Z4 on the Bosch system as a KeySwitch (Location 288 set to 11)
6- Programed Z4 Options one as Momentary switch (Location 291 set to 8)
7- In HomeAssistant, programed the Konnected integration output for 500ms

I can here the relay switching on for 500ms and then switching off again, but nothing happens on the Bosch alarm

I tried to connect a 1k resistor between the relay terminal on the interface module and Z4 on Bosch system but it made no change.

I hope you can point me to what I am missing

I have begun working on adding support for the solution 2000 and 3000 to this integration: GitHub - mag1024/bosch-alarm-homeassistant: Home Assistant integration using the bosch-alarm-mode2 library.
Early tests show that this is working much, much better than my old integration, and as a bonus this will also work with other panels, not just the solution ones. This will also give us support for subscription based updates as well once that update comes out. Its still early days but i just figure that i would let you guys know i haven’t given up on getting this to work smoothly for everyone.

You can now use GitHub - mag1024/bosch-alarm-homeassistant: Home Assistant integration using the bosch-alarm-mode2 library with your solution 3000 (and 2000) devices. The history support is not in yet, as I need to rewrite that to work with the other panels, but disarming / arming, along with arming codes and the triggered state are all working.
It also supports the b series panels, and if i can get my hands on an AMAX panel ill add support for that as well.

Nice. I noticed the merge. However, there is no instruction of setting up the new integration yet. I am stuck at obtaining the “Automation Passcode”. Mine is a solution 3000 system. Thanks.

Same issue for me. Not sure where to get that and the port number to use.

Default port is 7700
Just use the code you use in RSC+
It’s the same info you used in the old integration

1 Like

Hi Sanjay…. I’ve tried putting my Bosch ip address into the host field (192.168.2.7), 7700 for the port and 4 digit pin that I use to unlock the rsc+ app for the automation passcode. It just says ‘failed to connect’.

Working on my end. I used my master code which also unlocks my RSC+ access to the board.

Use a-link and compare your settings with the ones in this link, it seems like some panels are configured in a way that locks out the integration, not quite sure which setting fixes it but if you mirror the settings in this link it should start working

If you work out which exact setting fixes it let me know and I’ll write some better instructions at some point

Hi, sorry for the dumb question all. The latest repo that sanjay linked isn’t showing up in HACS for me. Is this because I need to install it manually?

Thanks