Broadlink broken with 115

My old broadlink RM Pro is working just like before, so I believe you just need to fixed yaml. Other than that it should work…

Checking back in, been holding off at 114.4 till now, just upgraded to 116.2 and with the new configuration, everything is working fine!

Hi,

Add me to the list of people with broken Broadlink light switches.

I have an RM Pro and many broadlink light swtiches.

I activated the new Broadlink integration, calling it “Broadlink” and it created two entities - “Broadlink Temperature” and “Broadlink Remote”. The temperature reported seems reasonable so seems like it is communicating with the hub OK.

I modified my configuration.yaml thusly:

switch:
  - platform: broadlink
    mac: '5C:CF:7F:98:41:19'
    switches:
      - name: "Sunroom light"
        command_on: '6RRGAN8JCRYJFgkWFgkJFhYJFgkWCRYJFgkJFhYJCRYJFhYJFgkJFhYJFgkWCQkWCRYWCQkWFgkJFgkWCRYJFgkWCRYJFgkAAUg='
        command_off: '6RRGAN8JCRYJFgkWCRYWCQkWCRYJFhYJCRYWCRYJCRYWCQkWFgkJFgkWFgkWCQkWFgkWCQkWFgkJFgkWFgkJFhYJCRYJFgkAAUg='
      - name: "Front door light"
        command_on: '6RRGAN8JFgkWCRYJCRYWCRYJCRYJFhYJCRYJFhYJCRYJFhYJFgkWCRYJFgkJFgkWCRYJFgkWFgkWCRYJCRYJFgkWCRYJFgkAAUg='
        command_off: '6RRGAN8JCRYJFgkWCRYJFgkWFgkJFhYJCRYJFhYJCRYJFgkWCRYWCQkWCRYJFgkWCRYWCQkWCRYWCQkWFgkJFgkWCRYWCQkAAUg='
      - name: "Lounge downlighters"
        command_on: '6RRGAN8JFgkJFgkWFgkJFgkWCRYJFgkWFgkWCRYJCRYWCRYJCRYJFgkWCRYJFhYJFgkWCRYJFgkWCRYJCRYJFhYJFgkJFgkAAUg='
        command_off: '6RRGAN8JFgkWCQkWFgkWCQkWFgkWCRYJFgkWCQkWCRYWCQkWCRYJFhYJCRYJFhYJFgkJFhYJCRYJFhYJCRYWCRYJCRYWCQkAAUg='
      - name: "Passage lights"
        command_on: '6RRGAN8JFgkJFgkWCRYJFgkWFgkWCRYJFgkWCRYJCRYJFgkWCRYWCQkWFgkJFhYJFgkWCRYJFgkJFhYJCRYJFgkWFgkWCQkAAUg='
        command_off: '6RRGAN8JCRYJFhYJFgkWCRYJFgkWCRYJFgkWCRYJCRYJFhYJFgkWCQkWFgkWCRYJCRYWCRYJCRYJFgkWFgkJFhYJCRYWCQkAAUg='
      - name: "Study light"
        command_on: '6RRGAN8JCRYJFgkWCRYWCRYJFgkWCQkWCRYWCRYJFgkJFgkWCRYWCRYJCRYJFhYJFgkJFgkWFgkWCRYJFgkWCRYJCRYJFgkAAUg='
        command_off: '6RRGAN8JCRYWCQkWCRYJFgkWFgkJFhYJFgkJFhYJFgkJFgkWCRYWCRYJCRYWCRYJCRYWCQkWCRYJFgkWFgkWCRYJCRYWCQkAAUg='
      - name: "Mike's bedroom light"
        command_on: '6RRGAN8JFgkJFgkWCRYWCQkWFgkJFhYJFgkJFhYJFgkJFgkWFgkWCRYJFgkJFhYJFgkJFgkWFgkWCQkWCRYJFhYJCRYJFgkAAUg='
        command_off: '6RRGAN8JCRYWCRYJCRYJFhYJCRYJFhYJCRYWCQkWFgkWCRYJFgkWCQkWCRYJFgkWCRYWCQkWCRYJFhYJFgkWCQkWFgkJFgkAAUg='
      - name: "Bedroom light"
        command_on: '6RRGAN8JCRYWCRYJFgkWCQkWCRYJFhYJFgkWCRYJFgkJFgkWCRYJFgkWCRYWCQkWFgkJFhYJFgkJFhYJCRYJFhYJFgkWCQkAAUg='
        command_off: '6RRGAN8JFgkJFhYJCRYWCRYJCRYJFgkWFgkJFhYJFgkWCQkWFgkJFgkWFgkJFgkWCRYJFhYJFgkWCQkWCRYWCRYJFgkJFgkAAUg='
      - name: "Bedroom reading lights"
        command_on: '6RRGAN8JFgkJFhYJFgkJFgkWCRYWCQkWFgkWCQkWCRYJFhYJFgkWCRYJFgkWCRYJCRYWCRYJCRYWCQkWCRYWCRYJCRYJFgkAAUg='
        command_off: '6RRGAN8JFgkWCRYJCRYWCRYJFgkJFgkWFgkWCQkWFgkWCQkWCRYWCQkWFgkJFhYJCRYJFgkWCRYWCQkWCRYJFgkWFgkWCQkAAUg='
  - platform: mqtt
    unique_id: waterfeature
    name: "Water feature"
    state_topic: "stat/sonoff3/POWER"
    command_topic: "cmnd/sonoff3/POWER"
    payload_on: "ON"
    payload_off: "OFF"
    optimistic: false
    qos: 0
  - ... more mqtt (sonoff) switches ...

The “commands” are as they were for older HA.

But the new switches don’t show up as entities.

The docs say:

SETTING UP CUSTOM IR/RF SWITCHES
The first step is to configure the device normally via the configuration flow. Then add these lines to your configuration.yaml: ...

What is the “device” referred to - if its the Broadlink then I’ve done that. If it means the individual light switch entities then I haven’t.

What is the “configuration flow” referred to?

Thanks for any assistance.

Steve

I was able to get the switch configuration working so I can turn on the TV and manipulate certain functions like volume up and down, but have not been able to get scripts working using the remote.send_command.

This means that all my useful sequence functions that were activated by scripts that used to work flawlessly are now broken. For example, it takes 9 button presses to Like a YouTube video, or four button presses to forward 10 seconds into a video, those sequences are no longer working. The BroadLink led blinks with the individual switch commands, but toes not blink with scripts. Is this a bug with the remote.send_command service? Any help is appreciated.

Having similar problem. After I updated to latest release all scripts using remote.send_command stopped working.

Same here. My RM Mini works fine when set up as a switch, but when I want to send a sequence of codes using scripts it does not send anything, and the LED does not flash

[edit] I’ve tested with a RM Pro, and can confirm the exact same script works fine. So it looks like an issue with the remote.send_command for the RM Mini. Note, mine is an original RM Mini, it would be interesting to see if anyone has got it working with the latest Mini4

Had the same remote.send_command problem with RM Mini.
Apparently there’s now a switch entity for the remote itself and it somehow got turned off (possibly due to a recent change), causing all send_command calls to be silently ignored.
Turned on the remote switch and everything started working again.
Hope it helps.

1 Like

I keep finding my remote switches off sometimes, and then again stuff stops working. Really wondering why a remote needs a power button.

Thanks, worked like a charm

1 Like

There is no problem with SmartIR. I created a PR to add support for the Broadlink integration there before the release. You need to upgrade the component and replace the host with the entity_id in the controller_data according to the docs.

Hi,

I am having issues with RM4 pro with remote:send_command

From the below screenshot am i able to send just the data as command: ?

I know the data is fine because it works as a switch and also under broadlink manager

### SAMSUNG REMOTE ###        

- platform: broadlink
    mac: XX;XX:XX:XX:XX:XX
    switches:
      - name: Samsung Power
        command_on: JgDSAJKTEzgSNxI4EhMSExITERMSExI4EjcSOBITERQSExETEhMSExE5ERQRExITERQSExITETgRFBE5ETgRORE5ETgRORIABgSTlBM2EzgSNxMSEhITEhMSExITNhM3EzcTEhISExITEhMSExISNxMSExITEhMSEhITEhM3ExISNxM3EzYTNxM3EzYTAAYClJQUNhM2FDYTEhMRExITEhMSEzYUNhQ2ExISEhMSExIUERMSEzYUERQRExITEhISFBETNxMSEzYUNhM2FDYUNhM2FAANBQAAAAA=
        command_off: JgDSAJSTEzYTNxM3EhITEhMSFBETEhI3EzcTNxISExIUERMSExITERQ2ExITEhMSExEUERQRFDYSEhQ2EzcTNhQ2EzYUNhQABgGVkxM2FDYUNhMRFBEUERQRFBETNhQ2EzcTERQRFBEUERMSExEUNhQRFBETEhMRFBEUERQ2ExEUNhQ2EzYUNhM2FDYUAAYBlZMUNhI3FDYTEhISExIUERQREzYUNhM3EhMTERMSExIUERMSEzYUERMSFBETEhMRFBEUNhMSEzYTNxM2EzcTNxI3EwANBQAAAAA=

What am i missing, having gone thru the thread RM4 pro does not have any issues?

Hi Mark. To send a base64 code with remote.send_command, you need to prefix the code with b64:

1 Like

Thanks, confirmed working.

entity_id: remote.lounge_remote
command: b64:JgDSAJSTEzYTNxM3EhITEhMSFBETEhI3EzcTNxISExIUERMSExITERQ2ExITEhMSExEUERQRFDYSEhQ2EzcTNhQ2EzYUNhQABgGVkxM2FDYUNhMRFBEUERQRFBETNhQ2EzcTERQRFBEUERMSExEUNhQRFBETEhMRFBEUERQ2ExEUNhQ2EzYUNhM2FDYUAAYBlZMUNhI3FDYTEhISExIUERQREzYUNhM3EhMTERMSExIUERMSEzYUERMSFBETEhMRFBEUNhMSEzYTNxM2EzcTNxI3EwANBQAAAAA=
1 Like

Hi,

I have a huge problem. I try to learn commends from the Devtools UI. And always get the following:
Failed to call service remote.send_command. Unknown error

When is look it to the .storage folder, I don’t see any boardlink file or code files.

Any one know what could it be?