Broadlink IR Climate Component

yes, that works well, but was thinking about the climate, cause your card is nice :wink:

Hi @Vassilis,

Care to elaborate the functionality of the component? I know nothing of Python whatsoever :slight_smile:

I’m trying to understand if it can be used to send IR payloads with other systems instead of Broadlink: I managed to record all the button of the IR remote for the AC unit with OpenMQTT on a NodeMCU with an IR receiver and a blaster and then create scripts with their payload (the name of the script includes the button presses such as “on16highswing”, “on24autooff”, etc). I haven’t bothered with the XOR and just recorded the IR raw value (there are 153 button presses on my remote :slight_smile: ). I use an automation that listens to the topics of the MQTT HVAC HA component, concatenates the values of the different sensors and then matches them against the script names.

This works fine on a full computer running Ubuntu. However, on a Rpi it’s kind of slow (having 2 AC units in the house it means 306 additional scripts loaded) so I was thinking if the setup can be streamlined.

Thanks

Hi guys,

I’ve been using broadlink custom module for almost 6 months and so far i couldn’t find way to Turn On my AC. There is not such line in the ini file. Can you tell me how i can tell my AC to turn on after my automation turn it off for a while?
I had to make a separate switch acting as ON/OFF to my AC but that switch does not have a relating with the broadlink climate component.
I even checked all ini files for different AC into the github and there is no ON command. It is very wired for me.

Please help me :slight_smile:

When you turn on your AC from the remote control actually it sends operation + temp + fan + swing in combination and not an on command.

OK, but does it mean that when i send all the commands to the RM mini to learn i have to turn off the remote before i send the command?
In other words, i am using RM mini to learn all commands from my remote control, for example:
[heat]
low_18 = JgAMAQAFBwAMs2k4DQwNDA0pDQwNKQ0MDQwNDA0pDSkND==

Do i have to setup my remote control to be turned off before i turn the learning processes and then press the turn on button of my remote?

No, everytime you press a button it sends a combination.
Let’s say, in heat mode, your AC supports temperatures from 18 to 30.
Adjust your AC to Heat, Low Fan, Temp 18. Press the learn button in broadlink and the temp down key in your remote. Actually, the command you get is 18.

1 Like

This is what i did exactly. The problem is that these command does not power on my AC. It just set up the operation mode and the temperature.
I don’t know if it is matter the AC manufacturer - it is Fujitsu

Does broadlink mobile app work with your AC?

Yes, it does…
I found way based on your guide.
I am setting the remote control to the desired mode and temp. and then turn it off. Than i start the learning command and press the turn on button on my remote control and it works :slight_smile:
The problem is that i need to rework all my existing codes :frowning:

Sorry for threadjacking, but I was wondering how people who are using broadlink or other IR blaster type devices to control their aircon, keep the remote control display in sync with the aircon. For example, if I use HA to turn up the aircon 2 degrees, the remote control will then display a different temperature than the actual aircon setting.

You can’t. In my case, I hidden all remote controls :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I guess the only solution to this is to get something like a sensibo, but they are so expensive compared to a Broadlink

Is your remote AE-REA1E? you can test my file

Or you can try decoding your own remote using the instruction here.

Does the custom broadlink component work with the generic_thermostat component?
climate.generic_thermostat requires that its heater entity_id be a toggle switch.

I worked around that by creating a template switch for the target room. In that case, the generic_thermostat only works by turning on the target AC without sending target temperature changes?

1 Like

how I can implement it on hassio??
looks awesome

I had installed climate, fan and media player component. All of them work well .
Alexa can discover fan and media but not climate. How can i fix this issue ?

I’m not sure that HA cloud service can handle climate components

Hello Peter, did that solve your problem?
I have the same problem, it works pretty well but if I turn it off wit HA it will not turn on again, only with the Broadlink app or the remote will turn on.

Thanks for uploading Panasonic codes - they worked great with mine:-)

I have set this custom component up and it mostly work. I used the lg.ini codes in the GIT repo. I have an LG Cooling unit model #LS120HYV. I have tested the fan in auto mode. Temperature 18, 23-30 seem to work well. But when I set:

19 in the HASS front-end, I get 27 on the AC unit
20 in the HASS front-end, I get 28 on the AC unit
21 in the HASS front-end, I get 29 on the AC unit.
22 in the HASS front-end, I get 30 on the AC unit.

The codes seems to be mixed up. How do I fix this?

Thanks!