Broadlink IR Climate Component

Hi,
The tool can’t convert INI files with comments. I should mention it somewhere. The component is still under development. Your file uploaded with code 1023.

1 Like

I don’t know about GH but in Alexa you can say:

• Turn on office air-condition
  • Turn off office air-condition
  • Set office air-condition to heat
  • Set office air-condition temperature to 20 degrees
  • What is the temperature of office air-condition?

Fan modes are not supported

It works with GH. I still use the old component which had a problem with turning the AC on so I made scripts called heating and cooling and I would start the AC with “Hey Google, start heating”.
Changing temperature and turning it off works as expected:
“Hey google, turn off AC”
“Hey google, set temperature to <chosen_temp>”

BTW.

How you finding google to process commands?
Finding google to sometimes search the statement as opposed to processing the command. IE sometimes saying hey google turn off Air conditioner would search that phrase whilst other times it would process it as a command.

Rob.

Never had that happen. I always use activate/deactive/turn on/turn off before every command and it is always processed as a command. I am not a native English speaker and I have a really strong slavic accent so considering that it works really well for me.

Do you know the commands the commands to change the fan speed ?

Hi I have akai a/c and I have done an ini file that works good. So when I will update to the new custom component I read that I must transform it in another file. How can. I will give you my ini file so if someone want to. Transform and use it…

You can easily convert your INI file with this tool. However, I have converted it for you. The code is 1440.

Cannot be done, but it is not this component’s fault. Home assistant exposes it like a thermostat which does not have fan function

Thanks vasillis

As some of you have already discovered, Broadlink IR Climate is now obsolete and replaced by the SmartIR Climate component. The main features of the new component are:

• INI files replaced with Json files. Json code files contains all the configuration required for operation modes, temperature range and fan modes.
  • Add support for broadlink Hex codes. Out of the box support for pronto codes is also coming.
  • Add support for humidity sensor.
  • Add support for external on/off sensor.
  • Add support to turn on/off from services or voice assistants
  • Commands are sent to a service. No more need for the broadlink requirement. This adds the possibility for the component to work with other controllers such as Xiaomi IR (coming soon).

There is a windows app in the Tools folder, to convert your INI files. If your files contain any comments please remove them before proceeding.

New discussion thread
SmartIR on GitHub

so now onwards this broadlink wont be updated nor will it work?

i cant see why it would when the new component is ready and marked as obsoete

Hi Vassilis

Thanks for the updated component, my wife got really upset when the heat pump stopped working, but luckily the new component was fairly easy to setup and I got things going again!

I have a couple of requests.

1. Can you please update your post above with the link to the new discussion, as the link you posted doesn’t work.

2. Can you explain how power_sensor works?

1. If the heat pump mode is heat and then the power sensor goes to off, what happens to the component, does it switch to off as well.
  2. If the heat pump is off, then the power sensor goes on, what happens to the component state? because my heat pump doesn’t have “on” mode, it only has “off,cool,heat”.

Thanks
Kiwi

Hey @Vassilis , is there a way to prepare the fan component for 0.89 with the new folder structure? Thank you :slight_smile:

edit: never mind, I see you’ve built in fans to the latest smartIR. was a bit worried for a second that would get phased out. thank you so much!

I tested this using a door sensor on the flap of my air conditioner. If the door sensor reports as open, the thermostat automatically shows the aircon as on. This has been particularly handy for me as I have had intermittent issues with the IR blast not being sent from my broadlink mini for some reason.

I tried this as well, but it doesn’t seem to do anything for me. The door sensor state is not changing the thermostat state

Please open an issue on SmartIR GitHub by providing your configuration

1 Like

Any update?
Is there a way to update climate state without actually calling the climate component?

One more question
In the new hassio version , climate is broken.
Any workaround?

I’m not upgrading until there is a sulotion.
Any news on that?

Yes. Rest API.

The component is no longer updated, there is a new component that is better. Check the thread.