Broadlink Manager - Docker version

Hi,

wasn’t patient enough and tried on the Raspi4 as well. Same result not working.

I connected a switch with Monitor port on the Pi to see what’s going on. There are two telegrams:

1. From Pi to 255.255.255.255 --> UDP Length 48
  2. There is an answer from the Broadlink to Pi UDP length 128

But no devices are shown in the app.

Could it be that there is a general problem with the latest FW (Broadlink)?

René

Found this in the ssh log of the Pi:

File “/opt/broadlinkmanager-docker/broadlinkmanager/broadlink/init.py”, line 200, in discover
device = gendevice(devtype, host, mac, name=name, is_locked=is_locked)
File “/opt/broadlinkmanager-docker/broadlinkmanager/broadlink/init.py”, line 105, in gendevice
dev_class, model, manufacturer = get_devices()[dev_type]
File “/opt/broadlinkmanager-docker/broadlinkmanager/broadlink/init.py”, line 46, in get_devices
0x756C: (sp4, “SP4M”, “Broadlink”),
NameError: name ‘sp4’ is not defined

Does that mean my device is not supported?

Hi all, installed docker version on my spare raspberry pi 2, it seem to install OK, run command

Pi@raspberrypi:~ $ sudo docker start broadlinkmanager
broadlinkmanager
pi@raspberrypi:~ $

So not showing errors, but when I go to http://10.0.0.x:7020

I’ve this site can’t be reached, what have I missed ?.

Hi… I’ve installed Broadlink Manager on my synology… The installation is running fine, but hen I scan it finds nothing… I have 3 RM3 and none of then is found… Is there a way to upload their configuration to the application?

Hehe is the log

Hi, great job with the broadlink manager. One problem though. I have no idea to install it. I have an rpi4 with a supervised home assistant. I suppose it runs docker, but I am not sure ( it is a prebuild image) . Let’s say I have docker and I want install your broadlink manager. How do I do that! You can hear I am a total noob. I find many links to a website https://en.techblog.co.il , but this one is unreachable.
Thanks for your feedback

Hi Tomer,
When I click on your link, I get this “There has been a critical error on this website”. Learn more about troubleshooting WordPress.

Hi @frankverheyen
I have fixed the bug and the site is up again.

Cheers,
Tomer

Many thanks Tomer. The site works!
Kg, Frank

Hello Tomer,
I’m sorry to say, but apparantly I’m getting the error again. The site is unreachable.

Kind greetings,

Frank.

Hi @ohhai-kthxbai
I got it fixed again.
I don’t know why this is happening, I will check it up.

Thanks

Hi
I have installed docker on Fedora 34 and then added the container broadlink manager, which then runs and is available via my browser. When I click rescan it detects no devices even though I have 2 broadlinks on the network, both visible and working in Home Assistant and the RM2 visible to the windows broadlink manager. I was just hoping to replace this with my rm4, but neither of them is detected using the docker implementation of this app. Has anyone got any ideas why this might be happening
Thanks
Richard

replying to myself
I don’t think broadlink manager has proper access to the network but I don’t know what it should be.
If it helps diagnose anything portainer is running just fine so I have information

Hi Everyone,
BroadlinkManager Docker is now available for arm based devices.
Just use the “latest” tag, and that’s it.

Hi @Artdent,
Have you run the docker container with host_mode network?
Because broadlink is using MAC address you can’t run it with bridged network

I too had issues getting it to run on my Docker on Windows; couldn’t get it to run, ended up installing Debian on VMWare.
I guess it is this ‘–network=host’ what causes the issue; that option doesn’t work in windows.

Anyway, once I realized it works nice with Portainer on Debian…I figured why not install it side-by-side with my HA-OS?

1. Install Portainer addon; start it and open the webui.
  2. Under ‘Images’ enter techblog/broadlinkmanager
  3. Under ‘Containers’ hit ‘Add container’
  4. Under ‘Network port’ hit publish a new network port and use 7020/7020/tcp (not 100% if this is required, but better save then sorrow :stuck_out_tongue: )
  5. Under ‘advanced settings’ / ‘network’, select ‘host’
  6. It is up to you to select a restart policy; I prefer starting/stopping manual when needed
  7. open http://192.168.103.9:7020 (must be IP address of HA; I noted my DNS name doesn’t work?? :thinking: )

PS: doesn’t seem to run smooth on chrome, if any problems, try edge or firefox :yum:
2 Likes

Hello,

Thank you for your work.
I installed Braodlink Manager on Synology, but impossible to scan my rm3 mini. I use host network.

In log I see that :

192.168.5.15 - - [27/Aug/2021 23:13:58] "GET /discover HTTP/1.1" 500 -          
Traceback (most recent call last):                                              
  File "/opt/broadlinkmanager/broadlink/helpers.py", line 11, in get_local_ip   
    local_ip_address = socket.gethostbyname(socket.gethostname())               
socket.gaierror: [Errno -2] Name or service not known      

I don’t know why, please help :slight_smile:

Have a good day

Is there any way to get this ported to run on Windows?
Whoever got it installed on running on their synology, could you clue me in as to how you got it up and running?
Thanks!

So…no, for now this will not run on windows

HI @SandmanXX,
There is a way to run it under windows, working on detailed guide on how to.

1 Like

Super! Let me know. I’m sure I’m not the only one who would love to see it under windows 10/11.
Thanks!