Broadlink Manager - Nicer way to Learn and Send IR/RF commands

1 Like

Thanks for the info.

@Tomer_Klein Thanks a lot for your tool, works really great! And I didn’t even have to install that creepy app from Broadlink. :slight_smile: At first…

But, I’m having a problem with commands for one special sat-receiver. I can learn them, everything seems fine, but sending them, doesn’t do a thing. In the same “session” I can learn and execute commands for the TV without problems.

I tried it in numerous ways, long and short press of the button, holding the remote near or far. Everytime I get a code, it safes in the Commands.json just fine, but if I try the command, nothing happens. I even installed the app, there the command learns fine as well, sending doesn’t do a thing either.

Do you have any idea where to look for or how to debug this? I’m quite sure, it isn’t your app or the broadlink, as both work flawlessly with the TV. Maybe the signal get’s encrypted, but what for? It’s simply a sat-receiver. The model btw is “Telekom Media Receiver MR-601”.

Any idea is appreciated, thanks in advance! :slight_smile:

EDIT: Trying a few other buttons on the remote, I found exactly one button working… Now I have to ask, taking a closer look to your app, what does callback mean?
I have the following in the log:

Command sent : tv_test
[Callback] mr_epg

where mr_epg is the command, that’s working on the receiver, and also the first entry in Commands.json.

Hi there, do you know how to make the new ini file yet?

I’m having an issue where the Broadlink Manager isn’t working for me. Running most updated version of Wine on Linux Mint, went through the installation process and seemed to work as normal. However, when I click “Add Device”, the program crashes immediately. I’ve tried it repeatedly, and it gives the same outcome each time.

Anyone have a guess as to what’s going on?

@Tomer_Klein

Amazing Software thank you.

But i am having the same problem as many users on this forum (maybe nothing to do with your software).

1. My RM Pro+ device is recognized as an “RM2 pro PLUS3” (maybe this doesn’t matter?)

2. RF Learning does not detect signal, even after minutes of pressing (IR signal is learned with no problems)

… the thing is i couldnt get my remotes are not even detected by IHC or e-connect.

So is this a problem with my broadlink device? Has anyone managed to figure it out?

Same problem. Anyway to get this resolved?

Yep, same here with a RM2 pro Plus3.

IR learning works a treat but nothing from RF.

The RF devices Ive tried are detected fine in both Broadlink apps.

I too have issues learning RF commands when the IR works perfectly fine… Im having to do a sweep frequency in the app, once the app detects that signal, i use the broadlink learn service in HA to then pull the codes. Total pita.

Hi, I ended up ditching this and using an android phone for finding out the codes. The app is not friends with our model I think.

How did you use a phone? one with a built in IR blaster?

I’m not sure if this came up in this thread as there is quite a bit to go through, but I found that @Tomer_Klein’s tool works to collect IR data that the Broadlink is sending as well. The Broadlink/IHC were able to learn my TV very easily and the app had been working near perfectly. When I went to learn the IR codes using Broadlink Manager, I tried sending the commands from IHC while learning in BM and it worked flawlessly. This was a great find for me because my Samsung remote died a long time ago and I’ve just been using the Apple TV’s native capability (it works, but not very well).

Hi Tomer_Klein,

seems a nice tool.

Have you tried it with RM mini 3? I am not able to get connected to it! even when I edit the .json file to include IP & MAC address manually.

Any idea?

Thanks!

1 Like

Also having issues with the RF part. The IR is detected without problems, but the RF never works.

HI Guys
I have a Broadlink RM3 Mini and I am using Windows 10. I have installed the Broadlink Manager windows program
I am trying to get this to work with my Panasonic Heat Pump to eventually enter codes in HA to control the Heat Pump with HA
I have followed the process as per @DrZzs video with interesting results

1. Scan for RM Mini and Broadlink Manager finds it successfully on correct IP address - All good
  2. Click Learn New Command - Learn Infrared
  3. Broadlink managers says "IR Infrared Learning Mode is enabled
  4. Press the TEMP UP on Panasonic Heat Pump Remote Control
  5. Broadlink Manager Reads the Sent Command and recorded the Raw and Base 64 Codes
  6. Pop up box as me to Name the Command - Name it HP Temp Up - Click OK
  7. Now the problem
    a. It appears that when I now click SEND COMMAND from Broadlink Manager it is NOT sending the up Temperature, however I think it could be sending a command to Change MODE to Cooling
  8. When I press SEND COMMAND - Broadlink Manager says
    a. Command sent : HP Mode
    b. [callback] HP Mode
  9. Have gone to downloaded Commands.jsons file
  10. Removed HP Mode command and retested
  11. HP Power is the command at the Top of the list in the commands.json exported file
  12. Send command from Broadlink Manager “HP Temp Up”
  13. The Heat pump turned off
    a. Command sent : HP Temp Up
    b. [Callback] HP Power
  14. Now removed all commands except the HP Temp Up in commands.json file
  15. command sent : HP Temp Up
  16. [Callback] HP Temp Up
  17. However the Heat Pump turned OFF AGAIN

STUMPED and very confused. I wonder if the code from Heat Pump Remote is not 100% accurate?
Any help would be appreciated
Cheers

Have the exact same issue. Tried all the steps from above, but no success!
Disabled firewall, antivirus. Added to BroadlinkProv wireless network no success.
Connect to it but no RM mini 3 appears

A bit lost, no success, read several different threads, but lost…
How to get this working??

I made a reset of the RM3 Mini, after reconfiguring it, broadlink manager was able to detect it

I’ve got similar issues. I’m lost.

Looking for devices...
Found device : Unknown [192.168.1.19]
Writing compatible device not detected!

Hi, thanks, but as mentioned above I have tried all these steps, even reset it by now several times no success.
I have it via USB for power, since I do not yet have a power supply cable

Hi, I am just wondering if I can sen customised RF code? As it doesn’t learn the RF code, but I want to test it. Is it possible?