Broadlink Manager - Nicer way to Learn and Send IR/RF commands

Hi

I’m trying to run Broadlink manager on a virtual windows machine on a Mac but keeps looking for devices. I have 3 RM mini 3’s up and running.

Any ideas?

Thanks

@PierreScerri Are they in the same subnet?

I realised that was the problem. I’ll try to reconfigure the VM network connection. Thanks for confirming my suspicions.

I have issue running Broadlink Manager on Windows 7 Professional after installation.

As per screenshot below:
Broadlink%20Manager%20Error

Error Log:
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
Problem Signature 01: broadlink.winapp.exe
Problem Signature 02: 1.0.0.0
Problem Signature 03: 5b68be1c
Problem Signature 04: Broadlink.WinApp
Problem Signature 05: 1.0.0.0
Problem Signature 06: 5b68be1c
Problem Signature 07: a
Problem Signature 08: 34
Problem Signature 09: System.TypeLoadException
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
Locale ID: 17417
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Could anyone advise on this issue?

Thanks.

Is there a Mac version for this Broadlink Manager software?

From the new errorlog:

Found:10178Found:10178Found:10178Found:10178Found:10178

Can’t find the Device with the Scan Function, only adding them manually

Looking for devices…
Found device : Unknown [192.168.1.158]
Writing compatible device not detected!

Thanks for the great work. I was looking for the source code but could not find it. But found this: https://github.com/kemalincekara/Broadlink.NET

Is this the c# code you mentioned in your initial post that you based your code on?

I’m getting this too, I have the Chinese RM mini if that makes a difference.

1 Like

Thanks for the info.

@Tomer_Klein Thanks a lot for your tool, works really great! And I didn’t even have to install that creepy app from Broadlink. :slight_smile: At first…

But, I’m having a problem with commands for one special sat-receiver. I can learn them, everything seems fine, but sending them, doesn’t do a thing. In the same “session” I can learn and execute commands for the TV without problems.

I tried it in numerous ways, long and short press of the button, holding the remote near or far. Everytime I get a code, it safes in the Commands.json just fine, but if I try the command, nothing happens. I even installed the app, there the command learns fine as well, sending doesn’t do a thing either.

Do you have any idea where to look for or how to debug this? I’m quite sure, it isn’t your app or the broadlink, as both work flawlessly with the TV. Maybe the signal get’s encrypted, but what for? It’s simply a sat-receiver. The model btw is “Telekom Media Receiver MR-601”.

Any idea is appreciated, thanks in advance! :slight_smile:

EDIT: Trying a few other buttons on the remote, I found exactly one button working… Now I have to ask, taking a closer look to your app, what does callback mean?
I have the following in the log:

Command sent : tv_test
[Callback] mr_epg

where mr_epg is the command, that’s working on the receiver, and also the first entry in Commands.json.

Hi there, do you know how to make the new ini file yet?

I’m having an issue where the Broadlink Manager isn’t working for me. Running most updated version of Wine on Linux Mint, went through the installation process and seemed to work as normal. However, when I click “Add Device”, the program crashes immediately. I’ve tried it repeatedly, and it gives the same outcome each time.

Anyone have a guess as to what’s going on?

@Tomer_Klein

Amazing Software thank you.

But i am having the same problem as many users on this forum (maybe nothing to do with your software).

1. My RM Pro+ device is recognized as an “RM2 pro PLUS3” (maybe this doesn’t matter?)

2. RF Learning does not detect signal, even after minutes of pressing (IR signal is learned with no problems)

… the thing is i couldnt get my remotes are not even detected by IHC or e-connect.

So is this a problem with my broadlink device? Has anyone managed to figure it out?

Same problem. Anyway to get this resolved?

Yep, same here with a RM2 pro Plus3.

IR learning works a treat but nothing from RF.

The RF devices Ive tried are detected fine in both Broadlink apps.

I too have issues learning RF commands when the IR works perfectly fine… Im having to do a sweep frequency in the app, once the app detects that signal, i use the broadlink learn service in HA to then pull the codes. Total pita.

Hi, I ended up ditching this and using an android phone for finding out the codes. The app is not friends with our model I think.

How did you use a phone? one with a built in IR blaster?

I’m not sure if this came up in this thread as there is quite a bit to go through, but I found that @Tomer_Klein’s tool works to collect IR data that the Broadlink is sending as well. The Broadlink/IHC were able to learn my TV very easily and the app had been working near perfectly. When I went to learn the IR codes using Broadlink Manager, I tried sending the commands from IHC while learning in BM and it worked flawlessly. This was a great find for me because my Samsung remote died a long time ago and I’ve just been using the Apple TV’s native capability (it works, but not very well).