Broadlink Manager - Nicer way to Learn and Send IR/RF commands

for now it’s only supported on Windows 10 because it depends on Microsoft .NET framwork 4.6.
will try to make work on lower version.

Thanks,
the codes comes from the remote itself.
when entering into learning mode the RM device turn the ir or rf signal into Hex code and then my software converts it to base64 (nedded for Home Assistant) and saves it.

after saving the vommands you can access the file with the commands by clicking the yellow folder icon at the right side of the menu.

Thenk you @Schneider,
currently this app is written in c# and therefore will not be supported in Hass.io.
but you gave me an idea.
Broadlink has cli written in python and can do the learning and sending IR/RF codes.
this can be used in order to develope Hass.io addon…

1 Like

Thanks for the explanation. Would it be possible to pass a hex code to the RM so that the RM saves it as a ‘learnt’ command?

works fine for IR codes, but RF codes just seem to hang.

Have scanned them in fine with the broadlink app to test so the devices definitely work.

The light on the RM Pro shows its in scan mode, but the interface just hangs at:

RF Frequency Learning mode is enabled.
RF Frequency Scan[1/2]
[Hold the button down!]

4 Likes

My rm pro is already connected to my home wifi. I could find it using the scan button. It didn’t do anything when i clicked learn rfcodes.

How does device pairing work. Should we factory reset the device and then pair it. I could not get this part to do anything and I’m not sure if it is necessary to pair of my rm device is already on the home wifi.

PS. I wrote a guide on how to lean rf codes the old fashion way that may be of use for some one.

https://community.home-assistant.io/t/guide-how-to-learn-broadlink-rf-codes

Would love to give this a try, but am windows 7 on my main pc, and osx on my laptop, tried to install windows 10 in paralles on osx, but couldn’t get this to work, but didn’t have much time to play around with it, will try again tomorrow. But if there is any way to run it on any other platform, that would be amazing.

I have the exact same problem. So far, I have only been able to learn RF codes via the app.

Btw: I love this program; it is really handy :smiley:

2 Likes

same for me. Doesn’t work for RF Codes right now, only getting those via the app :confused:

3 Likes

@Cee Hi,
after a few retrys i succeeded to run the app correctly on windows 7.
i have created a new setup and you can download it from here:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/broadlink-manager/files/Windows%207/

2 Likes

Amazing, thank you very much. Just downloaded it and gave it a quick try with my RM Mini 3 and it seems to be working perfectly for IR codes. This will make life so much easier.

I did partition my Macbook this morning with a trial of windows 10, just to run this, so I had also got it running on there, but as above, actually having it on my main PC will speed things up so much :+1:

Any one succes with RF code? Can you confirm

RF Frequency Learning mode is enabled.
RF Frequency Scan[1/2]
[Hold the button down!]

:frowning:

Work well for me
1st hold for long
2nd short and repeat

Hi, i have 2 rm mini and 1 rm pro but only one rm mini shows up in the program!
any ideas.

//:Erik

I have the same issue with 1 RM Mini and 1 RM Pro

dont read RF for me.

Does this work with the new 2018 RM Pro+ (plus) model? I’m able to learn RF in the e-control app but not with your broadlink manager.

It didn’t work for me either.

Hi @Tomer_Klein

just downloaded from your link, but on Win 10 when I launch the “Broadlink Manager.exe” I get an error message that says that’s impossible to execute this app on my PC.

I tried also setting compatibilities with Windows 7 or 8, but with no result.

What can I check?

Thanks

Just wanted to say that this is awesome. Thanks for developing it :slight_smile: