Broadlink Manager - Nicer way to Learn and Send IR/RF commands

Just wanted to thank you for creating this. For some reason the learn command does not work in my HA installation, but this worked great for me and was able to use the captured codes for send services.

Hi , i m in the same situation,
HAve a broadlink rm mini 3

- platform: broadlink
    host: 192.168.0.42
    mac: '24:df:a7:36:b3:83'
    type: rm_mini

Nothing happen and i do not know where to start , i only see i have the 2 commands learn and sedn but seems nothing is working under HA.
SOmeone has a simple way to integrate adn test a command , i have a samsung TV , which , unfortunately is discovered by HA , but no luck on controlling it from the official integration.

Cheers

I have the same problem, I can learn/send commands fine using the Broadlink app on my phone. I used the Broadlink Manager, it finds the device easily enough, then says “Connected…” but never spits out the IP/MAC and says “Ready to use” as illustrated. I think the problem is the internal network connection.

Hi, I have a issue with RM4 mini i think it’s not supported with Broadlink Manager and Homebridge aswell, could you please Help me It this.

I’ve had this problem too. I have a RMPro 2 and a RMMini 3 and the Broadlink Manager program will only recognise one at a time but not both. I’ve tried adding it manually (via GUI and config) and scanning but nothing works. So plug one device in, scan the codes then swap and repeat. Once you have the codes in HA you can specify which RM device to use to send them (add both in .config) so it’s not too bad.

It’s not supported - there is a topic to get it added for support - go vote on it:

Doesn’t work for me double click the application and nothing opens does nothing.

i also have rm4 pro, getting same error as u

Can you help me in this? I can’t learn the RM mini anything. The application on my phone works fine.

This is what happens when I scan for my RM Mini 3. Whenever I click Connect, it says Writing Compatible Device Not Found!
Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!
-Jack

1 Like

Hello guys
Does someone manage adding the new Broadlink RM4C (RM mini 4) to HA ?
Or even to use the Broadlink Manager to identify ?

i m also looking for the same …RM PRO4

Have the same problem with RM mini 4, would’ve been suuuper nice with an updated broadlink manager with support for the RM mini 4!! :blush:

1 Like

Everyone with new devices getting “writing compatible device not detected

Broadlink have made changes to the way in which newer devices authenticate. This has also broken the HA integration for these devices. After some combined team effort over on this Github post a solution has been found and the python-broadlink API is being updated.

@Tomer_Klein did you use the python-broadlink API, and do you have any plans to introduce the update for newer Broadlink devices? :slight_smile:

1 Like

To Everyone that experiencing the :

looking for devices…
Found device : Unknown [192.168.1.7]
Writing compatible device not detected!

You can skip that step and proceed with the service broadlink.learn to get the id codes,
Following that procedure hope it helps you.

1.After successfuly pairing with wifi network and the device has already a static IP enter the follow config on configuration.yaml or on your switch.yaml whatever you have:

- platform: broadlink
    mac: "xx:f7:42:xx:0e:xx"
    host: xxx.xx.x.x

2.Make refresh the data and restart HA

3.Go to service and search for broadlink.learn, define your host: xxx.xx.x.x and call service.

4.After successful device call you can see on device the white indicator then you can put near the ir device and press the button you want to learn 3 seconds after that you will get the key on home assistant sidebar, notifications.

You can check the following Video after 5:34 min
to see step by step the manual(home assistant) procedure

Nice instructions. But it doesn’t work.
What is OK:

• IP assigned
  • ping on IP ok
  • Android app “Broadlink” functional, learning ok, sending codes ok.
  • I see broadlink.learn service in HA

BUT …

What is NOT ok:

• Broadlink manager message “Writing compatible device not detected!”
  • When i fire broadlink.learn service in HA white LED still dark
  • No code received, only “No signal was received” in states list & HA log file

So i still unable to learn codes, Broadlink crashed, HA crashed…

Do you have any protection on your computer like antivirus firewall?
did you set static ip from your router on the IR Controller as the video describe?
its weird because if you can see the learn code and put the right host name you must get the codes…
i suppose you make restart the HA after that config right?
With that exact steps mine worked, i think you have connection problem between HA and Broadlink you can check the log file to see for details

Does this work with iTach WF2IR?

Hi all,

thank you very much for this marvelous program. I downloaded Broadlink Manager started with the instructions made by Dr.Zzs and the IR for my TV is working perfectly.
Sadly the same thing cannot be said for the RF learning. No matter how hard I tried and read through the how-to’s I failed to get an RF signal to be learned. Even tried the E-Control app and the RM plugin lite like suggested in the before mentioned video by Dr.Zzs it failed to turn on the signal that was converted to Base64.
Broadlink Manager got stuck at the point of “Hold the button down!”
Same picture on my RM2 pro plus 3:

Hope that Tomer_Klein didn’t gave up on developing this. :slight_smile:

Thank you in advance for all your efforts, Tom!!!

@bigboban and @zbeez

As you can see the broadlink manager also for IR has many communication problems, you can use instead much more faster and better tools to auto learn your device, you can use this custom compoment,
With that my problems solved and i have a very good AC control

SmartIR - Control your Climate, TV and Fan devices via IR/RF controllers