Broadlink Manager - Nicer way to Learn and Send IR/RF commands

Hi, it’s taking me longer then i expected but yes,
It’s in my Todo List.

Hey, I’m also having the same issue as reported by F2three and beside that one, also when trying to scan an RF code it gets stuck

Anything we can do to make it work?

Thank you so much.

Been looking at a node-red-contrib-broadlink-control, that had the same issue with the aforementioned deviceId.

They seem to have figured it out. Maybe it might help you out.

Cheers!

Hi there i’m having the same problems as many others here:
buyed my rm4c from aliexpress
device type 0x6539
i have added it in both broadlinkmanager.py and init.py
first it was not supported
now its ‘supported’
But the IR learn doesn’t work:
Waiting For Signal…
and till it times out i think

Is there anything i could do?
Many thanks greets alex

Try the command line version as I couldn’t get the gui version to work with my old RM Pro, the command line version worked very well.

I got into the same problem, codes are changing each time when they are learned. I used the PI version of the Broadlink Manager but still, same problem. Did you managed to figured it out and fix it?

If anybody out there figured out how to make the TC2 working, please let us know. Thanks.

Details on what I’ve done, current success and failures here: Broadlink RM-PRO and TC2 switch

I did the same for my rm4 pro added the device in the two files and it is working fine for ir but not for rf

![image|666x500]

I forked the project in git then changed it there and installed it from my changed repository dont think it matters but i dont know… ir is working great and my device was also unsupported.

Sorry for the slow reply I was not paying attention!

I used this on my pi4 (64bit raspbian) in docker on a host network via docker compose

version: "2.1"
services:
  broadlinkmanager:
    image: studiofifteen/broadlinkmanager:latest
    container_name: broadlinkmanager
    network_mode: host
    environment:
      - PUID=1000
      - PGID=1000
      - TZ=Europe/London
    volumes:
      - /home/pi/DockData/filebrowser:/config
      - /home/pi:/data
    restart: unless-stopped

your environment values and volumes will vary with your personal setup but you should get the gist. The next issue for me was that this doesn’t seem to work in chrome or edge browsers on Win 10, but was fine on firefox. Navigate to http://:7020

Probably this is too late to help you but I’ll leave it here in case someone else finds it useful.

F

I finally got it working by using Edge instead of my otherwise preferred browsers: Firefox and Chrome.
Also a hint to @mantaalex, perhaps

Hello, i tried the pi version but it’s not working. I am getting this result:

2021-04-18 09:07:37.620 | INFO     | __main__:discover:444 - Searching for devices...
192.168.3.30 - - [18/Apr/2021 09:07:42] "GET /discover HTTP/1.1" 500 -
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/flask/app.py", line 2309, in __call__
    return self.wsgi_app(environ, start_response)
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/flask/app.py", line 2295, in wsgi_app
    response = self.handle_exception(e)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/dist-packages/flask_restful/__init__.py", line 272, in error_router
    return original_handler(e)
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/flask/app.py", line 1741, in handle_exception
    reraise(exc_type, exc_value, tb)
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/flask/_compat.py", line 35, in reraise
    raise value
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/flask/app.py", line 2292, in wsgi_app
    response = self.full_dispatch_request()
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/flask/app.py", line 1815, in full_dispatch_request
    rv = self.handle_user_exception(e)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/dist-packages/flask_restful/__init__.py", line 272, in error_router
    return original_handler(e)
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/flask/app.py", line 1718, in handle_user_exception
    reraise(exc_type, exc_value, tb)
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/flask/_compat.py", line 35, in reraise
    raise value
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/flask/app.py", line 1813, in full_dispatch_request
    rv = self.dispatch_request()
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/flask/app.py", line 1799, in dispatch_request
    return self.view_functions[rule.endpoint](**req.view_args)
  File "/opt/broadlinkmanager-docker/broadlinkmanager/broadlinkmanager.py", line 449, in discover
    if device.auth():
  File "/opt/broadlinkmanager-docker/broadlinkmanager/broadlink/__init__.py", line 271, in auth
    check_error(response[0x22:0x24])
  File "/opt/broadlinkmanager-docker/broadlinkmanager/broadlink/exceptions.py", line 173, in check_error
    raise exception(error_code)
broadlink.exceptions.AuthenticationError: [Errno -1] Authentication failed

Hi … just . .gently asking … any progress by chance? :slight_smile:

Did you get it working?

Not through the manager. I had to set it up manually button by button. Super annoying but worth it in the end

Thanks for pointing this out, I’ve recently use the latest broadlink app to add my mitsubishi ac from their database.
Since there’s still no method of importing the codes directly from broadlink app for now, this will do.

If it helps anybody I forked the repo and added support for the 0x653c RM4 Pro here and it works (at least worked for me). This could be a work around until the support is officially added.

https://hub.docker.com/r/aburritt27/broadlinkmanager

Hi Groto,
Thanls for that.
Can you create a PR so i can marge it and update the original repo. this way i can update the container so everyone that already use it will get the update?

Hi All,
Thanks to @Groto the Broadlink Manager is now supporting RM4 Pro device.
All you need to do is to pull the latest version.

The arm version is not yet update,
Will update it later on today.

Looks like you beat me to it. Thanks for the update!

where can I find the latest version? the latest one I see is v1.0.0.1 which doesn’t recognize RM4 as supported device. TY

Hi, I just downloaded 1.0.0.1 and it is not recognizing RM4 Pro… Any suggestions?

“Writing compatible device not detected!”