Broadlink Manager - Nicer way to Learn and Send IR/RF commands

@Khoi_Nguy_n hi,
Do you have wireless adapter on your computer?
i not you can’t pair the device from my app.
you should pair it using eControl.

1 Like

Hi @Tomer_Klein,
I want to use your software to learn IR/RF commands, but i can’t connect your software with rm plus :(. My Desktop have Wireless adapter.

same here, cant get it to work

Looking for devices...
Found device : Unknown [192.168.1.158]
Writing compatible device not detected!

Hi,
I’ll add a logger to my app and send you an update.
With this log i hope to find and fix it.

Looking for devices…
Found device : Unknown [192.168.11.2]

i have same problem

Put into AP mode, communicated SSID, reconnected to normal wifi and clicked on scan. and getting these logs:

please check device
SSID has been set. 
 please check device
Looking for devices...
Found device : Unknown [10.1.1.51]

Why is it unknown? Its Rm mini 3?
The app on phone works fine.

Hi,
I’m exactly in your situation below. How did you sort it out ?
Thank You

I’ve done this to get my RM mini 3 working. It pairs fine and creates the Devices.json with the device mac address but I can not get this to find the device so I can learn codes.

Am I doing something wrong?

Did you try to deactivate firewall and antivirus software, as proposed a few times before? This helped for me :grinning:

1 Like

No I did not. :neutral_face: Can’t believe I didn’t think of that. Disabled Avast and it worked right away. Thanks mate for reminding me. :+1:

1 Like

@Tomer_Klein: any hint on this ?``

I always have problem with this soft :frowning:

Hello @Tomer_Klein,

Thank you very much for your very helpful program. It works very well with my RM mini 3.

Now I have a small question to you - is it possible to change the application to be continuously in the learning mode until it is canceled explicitly? This way learning all codes from the remote would be way faster, without redundant mouse clicks.
Another question - where can I find source code?

Thanks,
Michał

Hey there first thank you for this nice programm.
I learnd one code from my infrared remote controll in the Broadlink Manager and after this i wanted another code. But i didn’t worke. There is no error message. On the app it was no problem to creat the buttons. So there must be a problem with the Programm.

Is the problem known? Is there a work around?

Same problem for me.
I did try to pair through Broadlink Manager and it looks to be working. I wee the device in my network.
However when Broadlink Manager tries to connect I get the same messages as above. Writing compatible device not detected.
I have an RM mini 3. Looks like it came from China as everything on the box is in Chinese.

Hey, Thanks @Tomer_Klein for this useful app
I used the app months ago but now Ir learning mode is not working any more, I updated to the latest version but still have nothing

Anxiously awaiting this, any update?

Hello!

Same problems for me as for many others in this thread.
I also got a “RM2 Pro Plus3” and can not either get the Broadlink Manager to catch RF commands.
IR is no problem, that seems to work perfect.

When i scan inside Broadlink Manager it find my “RM2 Pro Plus3” randomly, not always. Sometimes i have to unpower it and power on again for the scan to find it.
I have never succeded with the pairing function, but i guess it it´s ok when the scan find it?

So is there any ideas or advice what to do to get “RM2 Pro Plus3” to work with RF commands in Broadlink Manager?

This program is a gift sent from heaven and thats makes this so F**** extra annoying that it not works with RF that i need…

@Tomer_Klein is this a known problem with “RM2 Pro Plus3”?

I also tested to learn IR but sended RF and the Broadlink manager catched commands but those commands never succeded in Home Assistant. I guess that never was meant to work out?

1 Like

@DrZzs Fantastic!

Followed the instructions you posted and it finally worked!!!
A Big Thank you from me to you…

It is pretty sick that all this steps is needed to get the RF commands, but i am glad it worked.:grin:

@Tomer_Klein Your app saved some of my sanity :slight_smile: It took 3 hours, 2 people, and I don’t know how many different versions of the hardware provider’s software to get our (first) RM Mini 3 on the network; it never added to their apps, however. Once it was on the network, however, it was your app that I used to add remote codes.

I have since received a second device of the same type, and I used Broadlink Manager to add it to the network; it took me a few tries (PICNIC - problem in chair, not in computer) but I got it online. However, now I’m in a pickle. I have the new device in the device list, but it seems to scan interminably.

I noted above that you said that the software only supports one device, so I removed the original entry and relaunched, but it’s the same behavior - it seems to stay on “looking for devices” when I hit scan, and nothing ever happens.

So, my questions. Does it usually take this long? Are we re-scanning the network each time, or is it pulling the information from the devices.json file? Is there anything I can do to speed up the process?

Thanks for the great app!