BroadLink MP1, MP2 controlled switches support

have no idea since I was not able to open it. I may just do that (destroying it) and see if it fits

I saw a picture of the inside online, but now I do not find anymore

Hi giangvo,

I installed your PR as a custom component.
It works very well and looks great!
Thank you so much~~

Itā€™s a typical shitty engineered Chinese product: not good for inside (too big and need to reset pushing a button) not good for the outside (ugly)

Hows the commit going for this change? Just wondering as Iā€™m using hass.io and cannot update the scrip manually.

Itā€™s still under review. It takes quite a lot of time to review back and forth. Will try to push it out soon :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks. On a another note, has anyone pulled the mp1 apart and removed the covers that stop 2 pin AU plugs from being plugged in.

I merged the PR so it should be released in new version soon :). Cheers!

2 Likes

Hi,

This product is compatible wiyh HA:

MP1 support has been released in 0.54: https://home-assistant.io/blog/2017/09/23/release-54/ . Yay!

3 Likes

hey guys, is it possible to integrate mp2 at the moment?

Hi guys,

Iā€™m just wondering if the Broadlink SC1 Wi-Fi switch ever got integrated? Thought Iā€™d ask before I order some :slight_smile:

Thanks,

Lint

Should work as an SP2 (no consumption tracking), see this shared configuration : Thanks to TomerFi

I have 2 arriving by the end of the week, Iā€™ll be sureā€¦

1 Like

Lol, was going to go for these once they worked with HA but have now gone Sonoff instead as you can do more with them. My ā€˜testā€™ SC1 is still unopened and unloved but now we know they work Iā€™m sure I can find a usp for them.

Received 2 SC1 and a RM3 pro.
SC1 work as expected, forced the SP2 type in the switch configuration and I get status/on/off from HA.

platform: broadlink
host: !secret sc1_host
mac: !secret sc1_mac
friendly_name: "VMC"
type: sp2

Got them for 5ā‚¬ each delivered, very nice device for the price. Way too big to integrate in a wall box but I plan to use them also for manual activation too (bathroom heater, multi-plugā€¦)

You can configure them with the Android application, works even if the SSID is different from the phoneā€™s (but the phone has to be connected to a wifi network though) and doesnā€™t need to ā€œphone homeā€ at all.

RM3 is another story, but it belongs elsewhereā€¦

Next Iā€™ll be trying an MP1 device.

Hello Mister_Slowhand
I have a SC1 Boradlink device and I would like to add it in my HA.
I have seen your description but I have a doubt about how I turn on and off using HA.
Could you share this code part?

thanks
Oescafandrista

Sure, here is what I have.

First, you have to declare the switch, as posted above. Letā€™s call it ā€œsc1ā€ to be originalā€¦ Depending on your configuration it may be slightly different (I use a split configuration with an include in main configuration.yaml) :

- platform: broadlink
  host: !secret sc1_host
  mac: !secret sc1_mac
  friendly_name: "sc1"
  type: sp2

Then you can refer to it, for instance in a group display :

Group1:
  view: yes
  name: broadlink
  control: hidden
  entities:
  - switch.sc1

For automation, Iā€™ll show you 2 examples that work together.
First one turns the sc1 on when someone arrives (itā€™s a bayesian sensor ā€œsomebody homeā€ that triggers it) and itā€™s dark outside (welcome light) :

- alias: 'Welcome Home'
  trigger:
    - platform: state
      entity_id: binary_sensor.somebody_home
      to: 'on'
  condition: 
    condition: numeric_state
    entity_id: sun.sun
    value_template: "{{ float(states.sun.sun.attributes.elevation) }}"
    below: 2
  action:
    - service: switch.turn_on
      entity_id: switch.sc1

Second one turn this light off after 10minutes whatever triggered the turning on. So with this automation, even if you press the sc1 button, it will be turned off after 10minutes :

- alias: 'End welcome light'
  trigger:
    - platform: state
      to: 'on'
      for:
        minutes: 10
  action:
    - service: switch.turn_off

Iā€™m using several Broadlink products (MP1, SC1, RM-Pro) as they integrate very well with HA, they donā€™t need to ā€œphone homeā€ some chinese server, theyā€™re inexpensive (I buy from any aliexpress store, wait 2 weeks for delivery, and get a SC1 for ā‚¬5, MP1 for less than ā‚¬20ā€¦).
The main default of this solution is the lack of some functionalities : contrary to SonOff, they only have a 220V switch, no dry relay and sensors are expensive (itā€™s a ā€œdesignā€ device that goes for over ā‚¬30, itā€™s really too much if you just want temperature in 3 rooms !)

I just bought a Broadlink MP2 but it doesnā€™t work as the default Broadlink switch RM component (https://home-assistant.io/components/switch.broadlink/).

It seems MP2 was not supported any more? Please give me any suggestions to make MP2 work under Home Assistant.
Thank you.

I donā€™t think MP2 was ever listed supported ? I saw MP1 (and I use one), but no MP2.
Have you tried to force the device type to MP1 and see if it handles the 3 plugs ?

Iā€™ve tried to define MP2 as MP1 config but it doesnā€™t work.

Look in the python component, looks like the MP2 isnā€™t supported as is.
But I found a report saying that MP2 was used as a SP2 : https://github.com/mjg59/python-broadlink/issues/51
I have some SC1 devices, theyā€™re working when forced as SP2 too.

I donā€™t know how MP2 works, can you control each plug individually ? Or is it an on/off for the 3 of them ? Does it report power usage ?
MP1 has individual control of the plugs and no power usage report.