Broadlink RM mini 3 and Xbox 360

I’ve been fighting with this for a while what I’m trying to do is get my RM Mini 3 to be able to turn on and off a Xbox 360. I’ve found a couple of topics about how to control a XBOX one, but it appears as though the codes for an xbox one are not backward compatible to a 360.

I’ve read through guides such as this one for converting from PRONTO to Broadlink to Base64. I’m fairly confident that I’m correctly going from PRONTO to base 64, as I found a PRONTO code for my TV and was successfully able to get the RM Mini to turn it on.

I am also successfully able to learn remote codes and I’ve got the RM Mini controlling the TV, receiver, and Apple TV, so I know the RM Mini is working correctly and I can call switch.broadlink_send_packet_IPADDRESS with the codes that the RM Mini has learned from all my remotes.

What I cannot seem to find is the correct code to send to the Xbox 360 to get it to turn on or off. I’ve tried tons of different PRONTO codes from sites such as, http://www.remotecentral.com and http://irdb.tk/

I do not have the Xbox 360 IR remote, so I cannot just have the RM Mini learn the code, I was hoping that someone out there had either the Base64 encoded string to turn the 360 on/off, or someone has a 360 IR remote and a broadlink RM module that could learn the code directly from the 360 remote.

Hi… have u found any ?

What codes do you need? I have a Logitech harmony remote so I could learn the codes with my RM Mini 3 from that and see if they work.

I got a bit bored so I learnt all the codes from my Harmony Remote. Hope these help.

5 Likes

OMG! Thank you so much!!!

This had been driving me crazy! trying to convert from supposedly working PRONTO codes to broadlink codes with zero success.

All the codes you provided worked perfectly!!!

All I really wanted was power on/off but now with these, I can automate signing into my profile and starting the game.

No worries. Happy to help out. :slight_smile:

is there any chance to convert broadlink codes into raw codes, or something i can use with esphome it remote anyhow> :3