Broadlink RM-PRO and TC2 switch

The 120 length code has to be repeated 5 times to work.
Now it works well.

Anybody using those with air conds? Want to get the Broadlink mini and wonder if it will work to switch the air cond in and off?

Hi,

If you mean will the Broadlink Mini will work with an Aircon, yes it will, using IR. You just need to learn the IR codes from the remote.

Hi Guys! HELP ME, please!

I have a Google home and I can switch all TC2 switch with it trough IFTTT Maker.
But I canā€™t switch other things. I have an LED light with own remote. I set it up like TC2 RF codes, but donā€™t workin with Google home + IFTTT maker: (This LED switch works well in Home Assistant.)

THIS IS NOT WORKING with IFTTT, but works well in Home Assistant:

galerialed:
  friendly_name: "LED on/off"
  command_on: 'sgY0ACkRKREpESkRKRENKikRKRIMKg0qDSoNKikRDSoNKikRDSoNKg0qDSoNKg0qDSopEQ0AAZAAAAAA'
  command_off: 'sgY0ACkRKREpESkRKRENKikRKRIMKg0qDSoNKikRDSoNKikRDSoNKg0qDSoNKg0qDSopEQ0AAZAAAAAA'

THIS IS OK in IFTTT and in Home Assistant as well:

room:
  friendly_name: "Living Room"
  command_on: '6RRGAN8JFgkWCQkWFgkWCRYJFgkWCQkWCRYJFgkWFgkJFgkWCRYJFhYJFgkJFhYJFgkWCQkWFgkJFgkWCRYJFgkWCRYWCQkAAUgAAA=='
  command_off: '6RRGAN8JFgkJFhYJFgkJFhYJCRYJFgkWCRYJFhYJCRYJFhYJCRYWCRYJCRYWCRYJFgkWCRYJCRYJFgkWCRYWCRYJFgkJFgkAAUgAAA=='

I donā€™t understand, what is the different,

you can use emulated_hue and so bypass IFTTT

donā€™t know about your question

hello, someone please help me to get code from e-control app and work it on HA so far i got the file from econtrol app

for econtrol-db-dump

i got rmt.db

when i run econtrol-db-dump.py i get below error

C:\Users\mohammed\Downloads\Broadlink-e-control-db-dump-master\Broadlink-e-control-db-dump-master>econtrol-db-dump.py
  File "C:\Users\mohammed\Downloads\Broadlink-e-control-db-dump-master\Broadlink-e-control-db-dump-master\econtrol-db-dump.py", line 21
    print "Accessory ID: " + str(row[0]) + " | Accessory Name: " + row[1]
                         ^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

for getBroadlinkSharedData
i got

jsonbutton
jsonlrcode
jsonsublr

when i run getBroadlinkSharedData.py i get this error

C:\Users\mohammed\Downloads\Broadlink-e-control-db-dump-master\Broadlink-e-control-db-dump-master>getBroadlinkSharedData.py
  File "C:\Users\mohammed\Downloads\Broadlink-e-control-db-dump-master\Broadlink-e-control-db-dump-master\getBroadlinkSharedData.py", line 32
    print "ID:", jsonSubIrData[i]['id'], "| Name:", jsonSubIrData[i]['name']
              ^
SyntaxError: Missing parentheses in call to 'print'

Use python 2 not python 3

you mean python version2 ?
and
how can i test send packet in HA serviceā€¦?

Hi Guys really sorry if I came in the middle of something your are working on, I donā€™t do programing nor scripting, I bought the RM Pro to control my livolo switch and other components that uses RF, now I have another smart home system which is complete not stand alone like the things which you can collect and use an RF device to control it, the system is an old system based on S-BUS it has a programmable logic module, friendly user, the help am seeking for is to make the smart system that emits IR only and has its on relay dimmer sensors all connected with a cat5 cable, to work with the new one installed and controlled by RM Pro, if this is not the right forum appreciate if you can advise me, thank you. PS nothing is installed yet.

Meaning if I can use the RM to receive IR and transmit RF instead of transmitting RF against RF and IR against IR.

Exactly as me. After duplicating the code 6 times, now it turns on the light, and I receive that error

mmhh now I have to convert it to base 64 ā€¦ how?

when you do the TC2 dump (that gives TC2.txt) you also get 6 Button ID, for a 2 Gang TC2 switch???

EDIT
fits code (Button ID 245) is command ON of left switch; second code (Button ID 246) is command OFF of left switch

Very cool switches, so far I love them

It doesnā€™t even change the status in the broadlink app ā€¦ so I guess is not possible in HASS.

Nevertheless is a cool switch

The TC2+RMPRO were working fine.

Now I receive this error

17-05-08 21:31:31 ERROR (Thread-8) [homeassistant.components.switch.broadlink] Failed to connect to device.
17-05-08 21:31:31 ERROR (Thread-9) [homeassistant.components.switch.broadlink] Failed to connect to device.
17-05-08 21:31:32 ERROR (Thread-3) [homeassistant.components.switch.broadlink] Failed to connect to device.
17-05-08 21:31:32 ERROR (Thread-7) [homeassistant.components.switch.broadlink] Failed to connect to device.

Can someone please show me a screenshot of how these TC2 look in HA, I also see they canā€™t accurately show their state but is there a way to show a different icon perhaps after I select ā€œonā€ so there is at least an idea of what is going on with the switches.

different icon yes (use customize option), but changing the icon, per se, canā€™t show you the correct state.

If for you the state is crucial you should look for other product: zigbee/wifi/zwave

But for example if I had to tap the light on, could I change the icon to give some type of representationā€¦ even if not 100% true.

No other brand offers the US rectangular switches which would work for me in South Africa, The Z-wave grouping is just ugly and looks far less presentable than TC2 switches if you ask me.

Xenon wall switches may help my situation but Iā€™ve got no feedback if they work for anyone.

Iā€™m really open to any solutions which are affordable and rectangle in shape haha :slight_smile:

https://www.itead.cc/sonoff-touch.html

Itā€™s WiFI, it should give you the state (I ordered one, once arrived I can confirm or not)

1 Like