Broadlink RM-PRO and TC2 switch

Only problem is that it’s 1 gang and I need a few 2 gang ones :slight_smile:

You find one gang on eBay for 10-12 $

Claudio could you let me know please from my above message about tapping the light on and the possibility of a tap changing the icon to give some type of idea that your light is on/off?

Sorry i do not understand.

How can you achieve any state change in HASS if no one is doing a push/pull (because is not possible) to/from the TC2. ???

Read my above message from the 11th May.

Of course someone is pushing the button on the phone but there’s no accurate way to show that the light turns on if you’re not visibility in range of the light so I want to know if I tap the icon for (on) can I at least change it to a different icon to give some type of representation to the user that the light has been turned on for example

Now my storageroom has the switch/light on, while the kitcheni is off. Both are TC2 wall switch

1 Like

So in other words if you push the on button the icon on the left will go yellow and likewise if you push the off button the icon on the left will go blue? If that’s the case, it’s perfect!

Yes, see also the difference in the icons on the right (less intuitive)

1 Like

Thank you so much, the TC2 switches will do me just fine then :slight_smile:

They’re a good buy.
If you need just one gang , try the Sonoff touch, being WiFi the status should be available.

Most probably other manufacturers will come, like Neo Coolcam with zwave

I wouldn’t have even worried about TC2 switches if sonoff switches had 2/3 gang options, so far their devices have been fantastic :slight_smile:

So I finally got my switches and having issues setting them up on Hassbian.

I’m able to test the hex strings with RM-plugin on my phone and the on and off test strings send to the switch without a hitch. When I convert though using (http://tomeko.net/online_tools/hex_to_base64.php?lang=en1) and put them into my HA config file I get no response from my RM2(No orange light) when I try and send the commands.

I tried the “learn_command_” under services and as soon as I click “Call Service” my RM2’s orange light comes on until I send the first command to the switch, then for the next 10 seconds I guess commands are just sent but the status of the switch doesn’t change until the learn_command has finished. All I get from that though is:

Broadlink switch
Recieved packet is: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

So could someone please point me in the right direction.

you have a RMPRO? I did all with the RMPRO and worked perfectly following the HA component instructions

I have the following in my switches.yaml file

- platform: broadlink
  host: xxx.xxx.x.xxx
  mac: xx:xx:xx:xx:'
  timeout: 15
  switches:
    sstvpower:
      friendly_name: "SStvpower"
      command_on: 'JgDSAJWRFTQVNBU0Fg8VEBUPFRAVDxU0FjMVNRUPFg8VDxYPFRAVDxU0Fg8VEBUPFg8VDxYPFTQV
    DxY0FTQVNBU0FTQVNBUABhKWkBU0FTQVNBYPFRAVDxUQFQ8VNBU0FTUVDxUQFQ8WDxUPFg8VNBUQ
    FQ8WDxUQFQ8VDxY0FQ8VNBU0FTQWNBU0FTQVAAYSlpAVNRU0FTQVEBUPFg8VEBUPFTQVNBU0Fg8V
    EBUPFRAVDxYPFTQVEBUPFRAVDxYPFQ8VNRUPFTQVNBU0FjQVNBU0FQANBQAAAAAAAA=='

That’s the power on/off for my Samsung TV (it’s 9 years old so probably won’t work with anyone else’s TV)

I used Renetodes file to get the codes directly from the RMPRO via the app.

I’m using the RM PRO yes.

The best I get is “AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA”

Not sure why when I use the RM Plugin data from my phone that it sends the command.

Surely though if I had to say send the command in HA I would at least see my RM PRO’s orange light flash, whether it sent an incorrect signal or not? Or does it only flash when it send a signal that it’s stored?

I think it has to do with when I send the learn request, what is it meant to look like exactly?
The orange light goes solid until I send a command using the eControl App, then from there onward it will keep sending the command for the duration of the learn command because every time I select" on" on my phone I see the orange light flash but the switch won’t turn on until the learn command has finished. Does that sound right?

Errm I don’t think so, You send the command via the remote the RMPRO learns it and sends it back to HA or your phone. So if you want to learn it in the app on your phone tap the key to learn and then the remote key and the phone will then create the button. However what I do is create a remote in the app with all the keys named (so create a bespoke remote not a generic one) and use renetodes code from here …

to pull it into HA

1 Like

I am going according to the steps on the HA documentation, I have already set the switch up in econtrol and named it “switch1” and it works perfectly… I call the “learn” function in HA and then use the econtrol app to then send the on command to the light switch… is that really the wrong way?

Yep it’s the wrong way as what you are doing is asking the RMPRO to send it’s self the code, the phone doesn’t send the code the RMPRO does, so it’s best to use the original remote. So in HA use dev-tools to run the learn command and then press the button on the remote and HA will tell you what the RMPRO got as the code for that remote button. You can then copy the code and format it as I showed above :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ok so I send the learn request, I went to my TC2 switch and pushed the button but all I got from HA on the states page is:

Broadlink switch
Did not received any signal

I have the following in my log file:

OK, sorry didn’t realise you were using a TC2, that’ll teach me to read the title :P, the phone app should know about the TC2 and you should be able to pair it, hopefully you’ve done that as you said. So next follow the link above (the share your projects one) to enable you to get the data into HA.