Broadlink RM Pro: can't learn RF codes in Hass.io .60

I just received a Broadlink RM Pro 3 from eBay and loaded the component into Hass. I am able to learn IR codes easily but I can’t learn any RF codes. The light on the RM Pro illuminates and I fire the remote but the log indicates that it didn’t receive any command. Timeout is set to ‘15’.

Using the Broadlink iOS app I can learn RF, following the two step process with frequency sweep. It makes me wonder if the hass component isn’t using the frequency sweep function and it’s causing the learn to fail. Is this a known issue with the component or Hass.io specifically? I’d be happy to try the method to export the commands from the Broadlink app but I don’t have access to an Android device at this time.

Hi,

I have the RM Pro 2 and could never get the RF codes to learn in any python type script or HA. I’m sure it’s down to the missing frequency sweep option.

I’ve always learn’t them all in the mobile app and then used this guys python code to extract the hex values

https://github.com/NightRang3r/Broadlink-e-control-db-dump

Then convert the Hex to Base64 so you can reuse them in HA. I use http://tomeko.net/online_tools/hex_to_base64.php?lang=en1

Hope that helps, It’s a long boring process so I normally learn every RF button I have. Name them something you will remember as you end up with a text file full of hex codes and button names.

Also although I normally have to keep the button pressed for a couple of seconds (4-5) to get the frequency swept I make sure I keep the learning click as short as possible. If not you’ll end up with really long hex values.

Before you copy them off your phone make sure they work, if the learn’t codes don’t work in the app then they won’t work in HA.

Hope that helps

Simon

1 Like

This is what I suspected. Thanks. It’s too bad this only works for Android, although I wonder if I can find the same DB file in my jailbroken iOS device.

Learning RF codes from HA works fine as well. I had no problems but needed to press the button on my remote for a couple for seconds before it was picked up.

You don’t actually need the db file, just copy the 4 files in the how to to your hard drive,

I managed to learn RF codes by first completing a sweep with the App (as if you were going to create an RF controller on the app), follow the process to sweep, then when it asks if you want to Learn in the app, call the service in home assistant. Need to press the remote button for a few seconds. Has worked consistetly (apart from the HA reboot requirement) for me.

1 Like

Can anyone help me learn some RF codes?

I tried the instructions but I can’t install the getBroadlinkSharedData.py because I’m running hass.io so there is no python command or root or pip access etc.

I uploaded my (4x RF code) remote to the broadlink cloud. If you go ‘add remote’ -> ‘search’ -> then type ‘rangehood’ it comes up with my rangehood RF remote, is anyone out there able to give me the codes from the remote.

I’ll give it a go for you, give me an hour.

Here you go

switches:
  Rangehood_Plus:
    friendly_name: Rangehood Plus
    command_on: 'eAYyABYICBYWCAgWCBUWCAcWFggWCBYICBYIFhYIFggIFggWCNgIFRYICBYWCBYICBYWCAgWAAAAAAAA'
  Rangehood_Minus:
    friendly_name: Rangehood Minus
    command_on: 'eAYyAAcWFggIFhYIFggIFhYICBYWCAgWFwgIFggWFggIFhYIFggWCAgWCBYIFggWFggIFgjYAAAAAAAA'
  Rangehood_Timer:
    friendly_name: Rangehood Timer
    command_on: 'eAA+AQsHBxUWBwcVFgcHFRYHBxUHFRYHBzIWCBUIBhUHFgYVFgcHFQcVB9YHFRYHBxUWBxYHB04WBwcVFgcHFQcVFgcHFRYHFggGMwYWBhYVCAYWBxUH1gYWFQgGFhUIFQgGFhUIBxUUKRIHBxUHFRYHBxUWBxYHFgcHFgYWBygECAcVBxUHAAEACAcHFRYHFgcHFhUIBhUWBwcVFggGMhUIBxUWBxYHFgcHFgYWBhYVCAYAAQ8HFRYHBzoOBwcVFggGFRYHCBUVCAcVBxUVCAczFQgVCAYWBxUHFRYHBxUHFQfXBhYVCAYWFQgVCAc1BBUWBwcWFQgGFgYWFQgHFRYHFggENgYWBxUVCAcVBxUH1wYVFggGFhUIFQgHFRYHBxYKLhYIBhYGFhUIBxUWBxYHFggGFgY9CggHFQcVBwAF3AAAAAAAAAAAAAA='
  Rangehood_Heat:
    friendly_name: Rangehood Heat
    command_on: 'eAYyAAcWFggHFgcWBxYI2AgWFggIFhYIFggIFhYIBxYWCAcWFggHFggWFggIFhcIFwgWCAcWAAAAAAAA'

group:
  Rangehood:
name: Rangehood
view: yes
entities:
  - switch.Rangehood_Plus
  - switch.Rangehood_Minus
  - switch.Rangehood_Timer
  - switch.Rangehood_Heat
1 Like

I used this to learn RF codes - works a treat

hi,
impossible to learn RF with home assistance, only IR works, with app OK,

I was struggling for ages with the RF learning until I read “kiwijunglist” solution, link below: