I had a lot of trouble trying to learn broadlink RF codes, I eventually figured it out. Here are the steps I used.
First step is to learn an RF code in the app and test it works
- Create a button in the app
- Then hold down on the button
- Then click “learn single”
- Then click “sweap frequency”
- Now hold down the button on your RF remote until it learns the RF frequency.
- Next step is click ‘ok’ then briefly tap the button on your RF remote to learn the RF code.
Once you have created a button, test it works. If it works you can move onto the next step.
- Load home assistant on your desktop browser
- Goto services tab (Hint: bottom left hand corner)
- Find switch.broadlink_learn_command_XX_XX_XX_XX (don’t click call service yet).
- Now on your cellphone do the following
- Hold down on any existing button in the broadlink app
- Click “learn single” in the app
- Click “sweap frequency” in the app
- Hold down RF button on your remote until it detects the frequency
- Click ‘ok’ to proceed, it will now want you to press the RF button again, but don’t do it just yet…
- On the desktop browser click ‘call service’
- Now briefly tap the RF button on your device.
You should now have a notification in home assistant in the desktop browser on the main home assistant overview homepage with the RF code. If you can’t copy paste from your desktop browser trying a different browser or copy + paste it from your cellphone browser (that is what I have to do).