Broadlink RM4 mini IP unable to connect

Trying to connect my RM4 mini on Broadlink integration, but I type the IP address from router and from app, end after time out it says unable to connect… I have the same issue on the Harmony integration… same problem
Im new on this and my skills are terrible… I use a DECO mesh network… Maybe could be some authentication problem on my wifi router or something else.

Thanks in advance

The RM4 only works on 2.4 GHz, which can make setting it up a bit baffling. When I was doing mine I turned off the 5 GHz wi-fi channel until it the Broadlink was working.

I had disabled 5 GHz as well it works ok on Broadlink app and Harmony HUB… the problem is with HA integration.

Please don’t cross-post.

You should see something in the logfile which may help to understand what is going wrong. Posting that screenshot doesn’t tell much.

Logger: homeassistant.components.broadlink.config_flow
Source: components/broadlink/config_flow.py:130
Integration: Broadlink (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 6:13:49 (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 6:13:49

Failed to connect to the device at 192.168.68.130: Device not found

Do you run your DECO mesh in “Router” (default) or “AP” mode?
What the IP of your HA?

Router as default
192.168.100.82:8123

Moving to “AP” will make your life easier, but if you don’t want to, you’ll probably have to do some port forwarding on the DECO, as your wifi devices and your HA are not on the same VLAN

How to set up Port Forwarding feature on the Deco? | TP-Link

I just conected my HA on my main DECO RJ exit and seems it’s working now… Do you think this could be a permanent solution?
My IP now is 192.168.68.158

Well sure. You moved your HA to the DECO VLAN.
That might break other things, though. Any integrations using upnp that are not on the same VLAN won’t work anymore

So I will not be able to connect my NVR that is connected to my main router with IP 192.168.100.75… is that correct?

I don’t know. It would work if the NAT’ing/routing works between the 2 VLAN.
Just try it.

Actually I can’t access HA from my desktop wired on the main rooter… I Will have to give a try on the port forwarding.

Once again, do yourself a favour and set the DECO in AP mode unless you have a very valid reason to not do so.

Everything will then be on the same VLAN and will avoid a lot of headaches.

2 Likes

Did it…
Thanks a lot… Now it’s everything working
Regards my friend.

Good morning
I’m taking the liberty of reviving this topic because I’m trying to show someone the capabilities of Home Assistant. So I installed Home Assistant on a macOS M2 computer with UTM. It works very well. My goal is to be able to show the capabilities of Home Assistant so that I can control a television with Broadlink m4 mini.So I integrated Broadlink in my Ha but i have this message

What is hôte ? Knowing currently I am connected to the Internet on my computer via 4G!

“Hôte” should be “Host” which is the IP-address of the RM4 mini within your local network.

If you have not already done so you need to install the BroadLink app on your phone first to connect the RM4 mini to your WiFi network.

Follow the steps shown with the BroadLink app on your phone until the RM4 has successfully connected to your WiFi network. Then leave the BroadLink app. Don’t let it register the RM4 mini to the Broadlink cloud!

Now check your router for connected WiFi devices. If you have successfully connected the RM4 mini to your LAN you should see it’s IP address on your router’s “connected devices” page.

Now insert that IP address into the “Hôte”-field (see your above screenshot) and hit “VALIDER”.

If you have done it correctly the RM4 mini should have successfully registered to Home Assistant.

Good morning
Sorry but it’s impossible to configure the R4 mini with Home Assistant. If I enter the IP address of my router which is 192.168.1.103 I get this message

!

You need to input the ip address of your RM4 mini (but not your router’s ip address) which you can acquire through your router.

Where to find this IP address? Because I can’t find it when I do for example 192.168.1.1