Broadlink wifi bulb LB1 with hass

You need to find the IP, hit the plus button, choose broadlink, and enter the IP in. You might want to try setting the timeout to 10.

Tried it. I get a message saying device is not supported on both bulbs. I’ve disabled the lock in the broadlink app.
I’m on the latest version of home assistant.

I have replaced LB1 bulbs with Aqara zigbee.
I do not think there is going to be a solution in recent time.

I got two of those bulbs because they were cheap and bright - just what I needed for the kitchen. They were a nuisance to set up (yeah reading the instructions would have helped to figure out that ‘Magic Home’ is not the same app as ‘Magic Home - Smart Home’).

I eventually managed to integrate them into HA via Alexa routines:

• In the ‘Magic Home - Smart Home’ app I linked the bulbs to Alexa
  • In the Alexa app I created routines to turn the bulbs on / off
  • In HA I added a script to call the Alexa routines via the Alexa Media Player integration
  alexa_bedroom_light_on:
    alias: Bedroom Light On
    icon: "mdi:lightbulb"
    sequence:
    - service: media_player.play_media
      data:
        media_content_id: 'bedroom light on' # Routine name in Alexa app, this is set to play on All Speakers
        media_content_type: routine
      entity_id: media_player.bedroom # need to select a default player
    mode: single

Not very elegant but it works - kind of!

1 Like

Template switches would be better in this case.

It’s actually supported in python-broadlink, but it’s not implemented in HA from what I understand, or maybe it’s not been released.

If i understand correctly it hasn’t been implemented. There’s an implementation named LB1 but it refers to a different light. https://github.com/mjg59/python-broadlink/pull/332

I believe this pull request is the correct one which is still left as open.

That one is merged:

It is merged but as i said it’s referring to another bulb. The LB1 isn’t RGB but white only. The one who created the code named the RGB one as LB1 because he couldn’t find a short name for it as you can see in the PR. Maybe broadlink hadn’t yet released their LB1 yet and he just created a short name for it by himself.

I am not using HA yet, but I have tested Broadlink LB1 with python-broadlink and it works fine.

Hi everyone,

So, I have recently purchased a pack of 4 of this kind of light bulbs. They work with the Broadlink app - only white. I was wondering if they can be integrated with HA as well.
What I tried was to import the broadlink library - and using the script I can retrieve the info regarding the bulb, along with other 2 plugs and the RM Pro.
However, if I try to add them to HA using the Broadlink integration, it does not work.
Should we raise this to the developer, maybe we can add them directly to HA?
Here is a picture of what is written on the box:

And here is an output of the python script:

0 = {lb1} 24850 (Broadlink LB1 0x6112 / 192.168.xxx.xxx:80 / bb:bb:bb:bb:bb:bb)
 ColorMode = {EnumMeta: 3} <enum 'ColorMode'>
  RGB = {ColorMode} ColorMode.RGB
  SCENE = {ColorMode} ColorMode.SCENE
  WHITE = {ColorMode} ColorMode.WHITE
 TYPE = {str} 'LB1'
 aes = {Cipher} <cryptography.hazmat.primitives.ciphers.base.Cipher object at 0x000001D2B924F0F0>
  algorithm = {AES} <cryptography.hazmat.primitives.ciphers.algorithms.AES object at 0x000001D2B924F240>
   block_size = {int} 128
   key = {bytes: 16} b'\tv(4?\xe9\x9e#v\\\x15\x13\xac\xcf\x8b\x02'
   key_size = {int} 128
   key_sizes = {frozenset: 4} frozenset({128, 256, 512, 192})
    1755877456 = {int} 128
    1755881552 = {int} 256
    2004550334960 = {int} 512
    1755879504 = {int} 192
    __len__ = {int} 4
   name = {str} 'AES'
  mode = {CBC} <cryptography.hazmat.primitives.ciphers.modes.CBC object at 0x000001D2B924F080>
   initialization_vector = {bytes: 16} b'V.\x17\x99m\t=(\xdd\xb3\xbaiZ.oX'
   name = {str} 'CBC'
 count = {int} 42660
 devtype = {int} 24850
 host = {tuple: 2} ('192.168.xxx.xxx', 80)
  0 = {str} '192.168.xxx.xxx'
  1 = {int} 80
  __len__ = {int} 2
 id = {int} 0
 is_locked = {bool} True
 iv = {bytes: 16} b'V.\x17\x99m\t=(\xdd\xb3\xbaiZ.oX'
 lock = {lock} <unlocked _thread.lock object at 0x000001D2B923F580>
 mac = {bytes: 6} b'$\xdf\xa7<\x10C'
 manufacturer = {str} 'Broadlink'
 model = {str} 'LB1'
 name = {str} '24850'
 timeout = {int} 10
 type = {str} 'LB1'

If anyone has an idea, please share.

How?

Check the open issues.

@KTibow whenever I try to add one of rhe bulbs in the Broadlink HA, it does not work, stating “Device not supported”

Did you try to look in the open issues yet?

I tried, however I did not see anything relevant. A simple play in PyCharm, and I can do this. But not enough to get it to HA and integrate it:

import broadlink

devices = broadlink.discover(timeout=5)

user_input= input('Turn the light on ?')
bulbs = []
for device in devices:
    if device.get_type() == 'LB1':
       bulbs.append(device)
for element in bulbs:
    element.auth()
    status = element.get_state()
    if user_input == 'yes' and status['pwr'] == 0:
        element.set_state(pwr=1, brightness=100)
    else:
        element.set_state(pwr=0, brightness=100)

Any update to this thread? I have a smart bulb from aliexpress and the python-broadlink module recognize it as LB1 and it works well with the module.
If there’s no work being done, I want to make a custom component or pull req. for a ha core component.

I actually implemented support for LB1 in the official broadlink integration on home assistant core. You can find another thread about this here: "LED Light bulb" with Magic Home app" integration? - #53 by new-kirte
and the pull request to add support here:
https://github.com/home-assistant/core/pull/50953

Currently, it does only support full RGB LB1.

1 Like

What a good news! I’ll go try it right away

Hi,

I am re-opening the discussion - can anyone tell me if you have managed to add more than 1 LB using the Broadlink integration?
I have managed to add the first LB, but for the second, third, and so on, it states that the device is already configured. I have 4 LBs that I would like to add to HA, but besides 1, I cannot add any of the other.
Any help would be appreciated.

1 Like

On your router, try assigning static IPs to your bulbs. Then add them manually