Broadlink wifi bulb LB1 with hass

I have the broadlink LB1 bulb

It is connected to the broadlink app, and I’m trying to connect it to HA.
The flux_led configuration did not work

  - platform: flux_led
    automatic_add: true
        name: flux_lamppost
        mode: "w"
        protocol: 'ledenet'


I am planning to get some LB1 bulbs , where you able to expose them on HA?

Did you figure out how to connect Broadlink LB1 bulb to Home Assistant?


1 Like

Have anybody managed to connect Broadlink LB1 to Home Assistant?

1 Like

Needs to be added to python-broadlink, then Home Assistant.

1 Like

I also recently got these bulbs cause they were cheap but they don’t seem compatible with home assistant. Is there a way that i can help to add them in the integration?

What error do you get when you configure them? They’re already in pythonn-broadlink.

I’ve added the integration but they weren’t discovered automatically in HA. It has discovered my RM4 mini though. Do i have to configure them manually? I can’t find anything about them in the docs.

You need to find the IP, hit the plus button, choose broadlink, and enter the IP in. You might want to try setting the timeout to 10.

Tried it. I get a message saying device is not supported on both bulbs. I’ve disabled the lock in the broadlink app.
I’m on the latest version of home assistant.

I have replaced LB1 bulbs with Aqara zigbee.
I do not think there is going to be a solution in recent time.

I got two of those bulbs because they were cheap and bright - just what I needed for the kitchen. They were a nuisance to set up (yeah reading the instructions would have helped to figure out that ‘Magic Home’ is not the same app as ‘Magic Home - Smart Home’).

I eventually managed to integrate them into HA via Alexa routines:

  • In the ‘Magic Home - Smart Home’ app I linked the bulbs to Alexa
  • In the Alexa app I created routines to turn the bulbs on / off
  • In HA I added a script to call the Alexa routines via the Alexa Media Player integration
    alias: Bedroom Light On
    icon: "mdi:lightbulb"
    - service: media_player.play_media
        media_content_id: 'bedroom light on' # Routine name in Alexa app, this is set to play on All Speakers
        media_content_type: routine
      entity_id: media_player.bedroom # need to select a default player
    mode: single

Not very elegant but it works - kind of!

1 Like

Template switches would be better in this case.

It’s actually supported in python-broadlink, but it’s not implemented in HA from what I understand, or maybe it’s not been released.

If i understand correctly it hasn’t been implemented. There’s an implementation named LB1 but it refers to a different light.

I believe this pull request is the correct one which is still left as open.

That one is merged:

It is merged but as i said it’s referring to another bulb. The LB1 isn’t RGB but white only. The one who created the code named the RGB one as LB1 because he couldn’t find a short name for it as you can see in the PR. Maybe broadlink hadn’t yet released their LB1 yet and he just created a short name for it by himself.

I am not using HA yet, but I have tested Broadlink LB1 with python-broadlink and it works fine.

Hi everyone,

So, I have recently purchased a pack of 4 of this kind of light bulbs. They work with the Broadlink app - only white. I was wondering if they can be integrated with HA as well.
What I tried was to import the broadlink library - and using the script I can retrieve the info regarding the bulb, along with other 2 plugs and the RM Pro.
However, if I try to add them to HA using the Broadlink integration, it does not work.
Should we raise this to the developer, maybe we can add them directly to HA?
Here is a picture of what is written on the box:

And here is an output of the python script:

0 = {lb1} 24850 (Broadlink LB1 0x6112 / / bb:bb:bb:bb:bb:bb)
 ColorMode = {EnumMeta: 3} <enum 'ColorMode'>
  RGB = {ColorMode} ColorMode.RGB
  SCENE = {ColorMode} ColorMode.SCENE
  WHITE = {ColorMode} ColorMode.WHITE
 TYPE = {str} 'LB1'
 aes = {Cipher} <cryptography.hazmat.primitives.ciphers.base.Cipher object at 0x000001D2B924F0F0>
  algorithm = {AES} <cryptography.hazmat.primitives.ciphers.algorithms.AES object at 0x000001D2B924F240>
   block_size = {int} 128
   key = {bytes: 16} b'\tv(4?\xe9\x9e#v\\\x15\x13\xac\xcf\x8b\x02'
   key_size = {int} 128
   key_sizes = {frozenset: 4} frozenset({128, 256, 512, 192})
    1755877456 = {int} 128
    1755881552 = {int} 256
    2004550334960 = {int} 512
    1755879504 = {int} 192
    __len__ = {int} 4
   name = {str} 'AES'
  mode = {CBC} <cryptography.hazmat.primitives.ciphers.modes.CBC object at 0x000001D2B924F080>
   initialization_vector = {bytes: 16} b'V.\x17\x99m\t=(\xdd\xb3\xbaiZ.oX'
   name = {str} 'CBC'
 count = {int} 42660
 devtype = {int} 24850
 host = {tuple: 2} ('', 80)
  0 = {str} ''
  1 = {int} 80
  __len__ = {int} 2
 id = {int} 0
 is_locked = {bool} True
 iv = {bytes: 16} b'V.\x17\x99m\t=(\xdd\xb3\xbaiZ.oX'
 lock = {lock} <unlocked _thread.lock object at 0x000001D2B923F580>
 mac = {bytes: 6} b'$\xdf\xa7<\x10C'
 manufacturer = {str} 'Broadlink'
 model = {str} 'LB1'
 name = {str} '24850'
 timeout = {int} 10
 type = {str} 'LB1'

If anyone has an idea, please share.


Check the open issues.