šŸ”¹ Browser_mod - turn your browser into a controllable device, and a media_player

Sure. There are several different methods located in my repo: HERE. However, I canā€™t reach my wall mount when I am watching TV on the sofa, so I have a voice activated screen,(via Google Assistant), that pops up my camera feeds instead, on my Windows based tablet running Chrome: demo HERE. The original way I used, before browser-commander and way before hass-browser-mod, was a simple button press tap_action that navigated to a full screen panel: camera view and a navigate button back. Hope that helpsā€¦I am always in Discord if you need any assistance or further code.

Will you share a code you use to exclude those devices created by browser_mod? Me too donā€™t want to see those sensors, lights and media_player.
Thanks in advanceā€¦

The devices will still show up on your states page, but to exclude entities from cards and popups, I use THIS.

1 Like

Hi!

Is it possible to change the width of the popup window? for example, double.
With ā€œlarge: falseā€ option is too small, and with ā€œlarge: trueā€ option the size is too big :slight_smile:

Thanks for your help!

Thatā€™s what style is for

2 Likes

New feature!
Entities can now be disabled. Either per device or globally.

Not released in HACS yet, but can be installed if you select the master version.

Thank you, it works great!

With this new feature group.all_lights now only holds my actual lights, fixing my automations. Great!

Alsoā€¦ I did not know you had Browser Mod on HACS. It isnā€™t mentioned in the readme as far as I can see, so because of your comment I now also installed it through HACS. I like it.

:man_shrugging:

1 Like

on the home assistant companion app (onto my ipad tablet) the app crashes / closes when i try to call the service browser_mod.debug.

Iā€™m not sure if I can clear the cache overthere but i completely uninstalled and reinstalled the program and it is still not working.

the plugin is working fine on other devices :slight_smile:

Anyone an idea?

Kind regards,
Stijn

I canā€™t reproduce this problem on the Beta 2.0 version of the app.
Do you get an error in your log?

In the beta app, thereā€™s a button at the bottom of the settings page to Reset Frontend Cache. I canā€™t remember if thereā€™s anything like it in v. 1.5ā€¦

Thanks Dino, finally got it to work.

1 Like

Oh, wow. How did I miss that? I was looking for a header HACS or something :grin:.

Hi Thomas,

Iā€™ve had a major update from the companion app and after going to the initial setup (first time the new companion app has launched) the problems seems to be resolved :slight_smile:

kind regards,
Stijn

Hi @thomasloven

I have multiple displays with different resolution so I have made several ā€œHome dashboardsā€ specific to every device and Iā€™m hiding the other home tabs which are not needed to that device. On other tabs like ā€œHeatingā€ (which are the same to all devices) Iā€™ve placed a ā€œHomeā€ button with a browser_mod.navigate service to navigate to the Home tab specific to that device.
Example:

tap_action: 
  action: call-service
  service: browser_mod.navigate
  service_data:
     navigation_path: /lovelace/1
     deviceID:
         - 6asf58ff-a5554f8c

Is it possible to have multiple navigation_path for every device. To be more clear: if deviceID = 6asf58ff-a5554f8c go to /lovelace/1, if deviceID = jhgjhgjhg-hgjhgjhg go to /lovelace/2 and so on.

Thank you

@thomasloven first thank you for this component. Looking for a bit of advise:
Iā€™ve tried to remove the media_player, light and sensor with different combinations of this, but they (entities) keep showing up:

devices:
  ed89012f-bbbc6923:
    name: JP-PHONE-INT 
    disable:
      - light
      - media_player
      - sensor
disable:
  - all
prefix: "browser_"

thank you

Did you install the master version from github, or the latest release in HACS?

Uff not sure about the initial install, but Iā€™ve definitely been updating it from HACS since the las 5 or 6 revisions.

Then itā€™s not included yet. Itā€™s an unreleased feature on HACS as of yet.

@thomasloven thank you for your time. Iā€™ve pulled from master now and works as you indicated.