šŸ”¹ Browser_mod - turn your browser into a controllable device, and a media_player

Hi All,

Im starting whit this pluging but i cant find the deviceid in my computer.

Can help me?

Thanks

Iā€™ve added instructions to the FAQ: https://github.com/thomasloven/hass-browser_mod#where-can-i-find-my-deviceid

Thanks for the help,

I copied the files, i put browser_mod: in the config file but the service call browser_mod.debug dont works, said Error al llamar al servicio browser_mod/debug. Service not found.

I donā€™t know if Iā€™m leaving one more step apart from copying the files to custom_components and putting browser_mod: in the configuration file.

Thank you very much for your help

froced restart and id apears, thanks.

@thomasloven Is there a way to disable the creation of the default sensors Browser Mod creates?

Iā€™m using Browser Mod to open certain cards as popups, but it is now also creating sensors like light.<device_id> which is now adjusting the behaviour of e.g. group.all_lights and thereby also some of my automations.

That above sensor will now say a light is on, while none of them actually are but since Home Assistant is shown in a browser light.<device_id_of_browser> will be on and because of that group.all_lights as well.

2 Likes

Hey all,

Does this work in panel view? I have tried every possible combination with custom button and calling a script but with no luckā€¦ Any ideas?

@thmry I use custom:auto-entities to populate the info for my popups and I just exclude: the devices I do not wish to see. Been working flawless for quite awhile.

@Eddie1974 Yes, almost all of my views are in panel: layout.

Itā€™s not really that I want to hide devices (e.g. the ones created by Browser Mod) I do not wish to see. Itā€™s the fact that Browser Mod changes the behaviour of group.all_lights. I use that group.

So, if I turn off all of my actual lights, group.all_lights will still be on, since thereā€™s still a light.<device_id_of_browser> (created by Browser Mod) which is always on because Home Assistant is shown in it. This basically makes group.all_lights useless for me.

So, I would love to be able to disable the creation of the light created by Browser Mod (the others as well, but this one first and foremost).

Hey Dino,
Hope you shed some light on this. How do you show live camera view with a button press using a popup with CSS modifications?
I am planning to have different buttons for different cameras.

One could argue that the group.all_ family is pretty much useless anyway and their use is discouragedā€¦

But thatā€™s beside the point - and they do have their uses.

The option to disable entity creation is on my todo-list.

2 Likes

Sure. There are several different methods located in my repo: HERE. However, I canā€™t reach my wall mount when I am watching TV on the sofa, so I have a voice activated screen,(via Google Assistant), that pops up my camera feeds instead, on my Windows based tablet running Chrome: demo HERE. The original way I used, before browser-commander and way before hass-browser-mod, was a simple button press tap_action that navigated to a full screen panel: camera view and a navigate button back. Hope that helpsā€¦I am always in Discord if you need any assistance or further code.

Will you share a code you use to exclude those devices created by browser_mod? Me too donā€™t want to see those sensors, lights and media_player.
Thanks in advanceā€¦

The devices will still show up on your states page, but to exclude entities from cards and popups, I use THIS.

1 Like

Hi!

Is it possible to change the width of the popup window? for example, double.
With ā€œlarge: falseā€ option is too small, and with ā€œlarge: trueā€ option the size is too big :slight_smile:

Thanks for your help!

Thatā€™s what style is for

2 Likes

New feature!
Entities can now be disabled. Either per device or globally.

Not released in HACS yet, but can be installed if you select the master version.

Thank you, it works great!

With this new feature group.all_lights now only holds my actual lights, fixing my automations. Great!

Alsoā€¦ I did not know you had Browser Mod on HACS. It isnā€™t mentioned in the readme as far as I can see, so because of your comment I now also installed it through HACS. I like it.

:man_shrugging:

1 Like

on the home assistant companion app (onto my ipad tablet) the app crashes / closes when i try to call the service browser_mod.debug.

Iā€™m not sure if I can clear the cache overthere but i completely uninstalled and reinstalled the program and it is still not working.

the plugin is working fine on other devices :slight_smile:

Anyone an idea?

Kind regards,
Stijn

I canā€™t reproduce this problem on the Beta 2.0 version of the app.
Do you get an error in your log?

In the beta app, thereā€™s a button at the bottom of the settings page to Reset Frontend Cache. I canā€™t remember if thereā€™s anything like it in v. 1.5ā€¦