šŸ”¹ Browser_mod - turn your browser into a controllable device, and a media_player

I have installed the browser_mod and I do see device ID of my laptop, but I also have fully kiosk run on tablet and I cannot see itā€™s device ID.

My question: Do I need to do anything special to get the device ID from the tablet?

(I am running HADASHBOARD on the tablet)

Thx

Browser_mod only works while you are displaying the normal Home Assistant interface.
It might work if you display hadashboard in a panel iframe, but Iā€™m not sureā€¦

With Lovelace I do get the ID.

Any plan to support HaDashboard in the future? Is it possible? If not, do you have any suggestion / idea how to get information from the tablet, such as the motion notification etc?

Thx!

No, no* and https://www.ozerov.de/fully-kiosk-browser/.

*ok, maybe, but I wonā€™t try to do it

Hi,
Really appreciate you making this, thank you.

Working great :stuck_out_tongue:

Was working perfectly on two wall tablet I have Samsung / nvidia shield, fully kiosk

This morning though sensors are unavailable until I woke them up, REST commands are still running as Iā€™m in process of changing over and they are pulling the correct battery reading throughout the night, I need the battery to read all the time as this determines the charger on status.

Are there any tips to keep the tablet alive for browser mod ? I have checked all settings for sleeping and keep wirless alive, turn off Doze etcā€¦

Hi Thomas,

Iā€™m trying to get my head around everything here and apologies if this has been answered above. I have successfully set up my phone as a device and I can send TTS from my computer to my phone. My question is, can the RPI hosting HA act as a device? If it can, where can I obtain the deviceID for the RPI please?

Anything with a (fairly modern) web browser can act as a browser_mod device.
But what youā€™re looking for is probably mpd or soā€¦

Hi Thomas,

Sorry I should have said Iā€™m running Hassio, so no browser available.

Canā€™t see how mpd will act as a device without browsing, am I missing something?

Is it possible to disable logging/tracking of motion by adding motion: false to the config? I have a tablet kiosk that is in a very high traffic area and I donā€™t really need browser_mod to track the motion. I just use the FK app itself to turn off the screen.

Canā€™t you just ignore it?

Absolutely, if there isnā€™t a way to disable. Thought I would ask. Thanks

I experience the same issue and am also very keen on any insight why this happens with fully kiosk.

Basically I am turning of my galaxy tablet at night with the browser_mod light entity and can not reactivate it again because it gets unavailable

Ive just gone back to REST commands with fully kiosk and they work perfectly has yet to go offline since my post yo replied to. I have setup a restart fully kiosk command, handy to do a reboot every few days, screen on off, battery state. Thatā€™s all I need.

Amazing component!!

Is there a way to control the position where the popup window shows?

On my chrome browser, the pop up window always display with the top edge at the center of the browser window.
But if the pop up window is taller than half the browser window, the bottom half thatā€™s would be outside of the browser window is hidden.

When that happens, I toggle full screen/window of the browser window, the whole pop up window will re-position (re-size?) itself, and with the side scroll bar, I can see the bottom half.

Is this browser/device dependent or can be adjusted?
TIA

I am unable to see any of my fire tablets with this. Any idea if this is a known issue? I can see all of my other devices, so I have to wonder if the outdated WebView on the fire tablet is the culprit? These tablets are all running fully kiosk version 1.35.2-fire

Any idea how i would get the camera to feed into motioneye?

Hi. Thank you so much for this mod. Itā€™s really amazing and has opened up so many new ideas to my configuration.
So far I was able to get my front door camera to popup on tablets when someone pushes the button. I also wanted to be able to have the tablets play a local file of a doorbell chime, but I havenā€™t had any luck with it. I use the script below to play media on any other media player but it doesnā€™t work with any browser_mod media player. Am I doing something wrong? The media player state does change to playing when I trigger the script but none of the 3 devices (chrome on mac, chrome on android, and fully kiosk browser) are playing anything.

ring_tablet_test:
 sequence:
  - data:
      entity_id: media_player.fire_tablet_display_1
      media_content_id: http://192.168.1.241:8123/local/doorbell.mp3
      media_content_type: music
    service: media_player.play_media

Thank you!

1 Like

Have you tried:

media_content_id: /local/doorbell.mp3

That works for me.