šŸ”¹ Browser_mod - turn your browser into a controllable device, and a media_player

I upgraded to the newest iOS app last week. I was not surprised that Browser_mod issued a new DeviceID after the update. However, I have been getting a new deviceID issued by Browser_mod for my iPhone app on almost a daily basis since then. This was not the case with the the previous version of the iOS app. I only access HA on my phone via the app.

is anyone else seeing this? Any ideas why this could be happening?

Do you need to log in every time?

I am not being asked to log in each time. I wonder though, could it be that I am using the new internal and external URL feature? Would both of those connections get a different device ID even if I was not logging in each time?

They would get different deviceIDs, yes. But they should stay the same for the same connection.

ok, makes sense. I donā€™t suppose that I can use the same name: in the config entry for each?

Noā€¦ that hasnā€™t seemed reasonable to me until nowā€¦ Iā€™ll see what I can do about it.

Is there a way to exclude all devices created by browser mod from the logbook?

Iā€™ve meaning to ask this for daysā€¦
What do the numbers mean?

Not that I know of. I never use the logbook - is there a way to exclude any entity from it?

Oh, rightā€¦ I forgot I was experimenting with thatā€¦
That number would be the number of simultaneous tabs or windows opened in the same browser on the same deviceā€¦ with a bit of luck.

(It has no actual use, please ignore - I had to go back to the source to remember what it was)

Hello,

Iā€™ve messed up and stupidly deleted the light and media player from the front end and now I have no entity idā€™s. I have tried deleting all the custom component files and reloaded, but although a sign on from a new device was ā€˜discoveredā€™, when I named it in configuration.yaml on restart it failed. Is there a way to reload/restart?

Thanks

Hi All,

I did everything correct but get this error:

2019-12-26 10:14:00 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.hassio] Component error: browser_mod - Integration 'browser_mod' not found.

Everything is in this folder:

/usr/share/hassio/homeassistant/custom_components/browser_mod

drwxr-xr-x  2 root root  4096 Dec 25 11:32 .
drwxr-xr-x 11 root root  4096 Dec 25 11:29 ..
-rw-r--r--  1 root root  1530 Dec  8 23:33 binary_sensor.py
-rw-r--r--  1 root root 17449 Dec  8 23:33 browser_mod.js
-rw-r--r--  1 root root  1123 Dec  8 23:33 camera.py
-rw-r--r--  1 root root  3702 Dec  8 23:33 connection.py
-rw-r--r--  1 root root   696 Dec  8 23:33 const.py
-rw-r--r--  1 root root  2306 Dec  8 23:33 helpers.py
-rw-r--r--  1 root root  1194 Dec  8 23:33 __init__.py
-rw-r--r--  1 root root  1597 Dec  8 23:33 light.py
-rw-r--r--  1 root root   165 Dec  8 23:33 manifest.json
-rw-r--r--  1 root root  2484 Dec  8 23:33 media_player.py
-rw-r--r--  1 root root  1098 Dec  8 23:33 mod_view.py
-rw-r--r--  1 root root  1077 Dec  8 23:33 sensor.py
-rw-r--r--  1 root root  1140 Dec  8 23:33 service.py
-rw-r--r--  1 root root   254 Dec  8 23:33 services.yaml

Can someone tell me what im doing wrong?

HA 0.103.4

Do you also add this to config.yaml

browser_mod:
  devices:
    13c50a4a_xxxxx:
      name: xxxxx

I only have:

browser_mod:

To detect tablet and iMac then want add this to give it a name.
But HA say it cant find the custom component at all. And have already some in this folder and working.

did you install it manually or through HACS

ohh manualā€¦ I will remove it and install it from HASCā€¦ all others installed from HASC as well

give that a try instead

Just a random comment here. I recently did an upgrade to Home Assistant 0.103.4, upgraded the HACS extension and a bunch of other stuff. I noticed that the browser_mod extension stopped worked - in that none of the media_player entities showed up when I went looking for them. I also saw a warning in the Home Assistant log:

2019-12-28 12:48:03 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup of browser_mod is taking over 10 seconds.

Curiously, if I called the browser_mod.debug service, I did see the pop-up in my browser window.

When I logged out of Home Assistant and then re-authenticated (including used 2FA), my browser showed up as media_player entity. Not sure what caused this to happen, but the logout/login process seemed to ā€œfixā€ it. Perhaps this will save someone else some time?

Hi All,

I have issues with playing streaming radio to Fully Kiosk. 30 seconds playing then it stop.
Chrome on same tablet is working perfect without any problem
Also Safari in my iPhone is playing without any problems.

Only Issue is Fully Kiosk. I really donā€™t know where to searchā€¦

In fully Kiosk I did follow:

Settings > Advanced Web Settings > Fake User Agent String:

Chrome 74 on Windows

And now the 30 seconds stop problem is goneā€¦