šŸ”¹ Browser_mod - turn your browser into a controllable device, and a media_player

Thanks Dino, finally got it to work.

1 Like

Oh, wow. How did I miss that? I was looking for a header HACS or something :grin:.

Hi Thomas,

Iā€™ve had a major update from the companion app and after going to the initial setup (first time the new companion app has launched) the problems seems to be resolved :slight_smile:

kind regards,
Stijn

Hi @thomasloven

I have multiple displays with different resolution so I have made several ā€œHome dashboardsā€ specific to every device and Iā€™m hiding the other home tabs which are not needed to that device. On other tabs like ā€œHeatingā€ (which are the same to all devices) Iā€™ve placed a ā€œHomeā€ button with a browser_mod.navigate service to navigate to the Home tab specific to that device.
Example:

tap_action: 
  action: call-service
  service: browser_mod.navigate
  service_data:
     navigation_path: /lovelace/1
     deviceID:
         - 6asf58ff-a5554f8c

Is it possible to have multiple navigation_path for every device. To be more clear: if deviceID = 6asf58ff-a5554f8c go to /lovelace/1, if deviceID = jhgjhgjhg-hgjhgjhg go to /lovelace/2 and so on.

Thank you

@thomasloven first thank you for this component. Looking for a bit of advise:
Iā€™ve tried to remove the media_player, light and sensor with different combinations of this, but they (entities) keep showing up:

devices:
  ed89012f-bbbc6923:
    name: JP-PHONE-INT 
    disable:
      - light
      - media_player
      - sensor
disable:
  - all
prefix: "browser_"

thank you

Did you install the master version from github, or the latest release in HACS?

Uff not sure about the initial install, but Iā€™ve definitely been updating it from HACS since the las 5 or 6 revisions.

Then itā€™s not included yet. Itā€™s an unreleased feature on HACS as of yet.

@thomasloven thank you for your time. Iā€™ve pulled from master now and works as you indicated.

How can I monitor the battery levels? I am using fully kiosk and can see them under the sensor but how can I monitor just the battery? I want to set an automation to turn on and off a plug when the battery is at 20 and 80%

1 Like
1 Like

Loving brower_mod, but I had an issue a couple days ago. I have been using Fully Kiosk Browser as my alarm panel on a samsung tablet. When I came home I noticed my entry MP3 sound was not playing. After some troubleshooting I realized the device ID had changed. Is there any reason why the device ID for a Fully Kiosk Browser would change?

In fully Kiosk the device ID is the same as the built-in fully kiosk one (which you can see from the FK menu). If that changes :man_shrugging:

1 Like

3ityjo

https://github.com/thomasloven/hass-browser_mod/tree/15#replacing-more-info-dialogs

Browser_mod should now be a 1:1, syntax compatible replacement for popup-card.

4 Likes

Amazing! You made my day!
Thanks so much!

Does this custom component work with the official HA Android app or browser only?

works with app

The official apps are just browsers with some fancy extra functions.

Thatā€™s what I thought but for some reason the deviceIDs are different than the browser on the same device.

Iā€™m trying to get the ring camera to show the live feed on each of my tablets when there is motion but Iā€™m having a really hard time figuring it out. I installed using HACS. Can someone shed some light on this for me?

Thanks in advance