🔹 Browser_mod - turn your browser into a controllable device, and a media_player

Let’s all contribute some coffees to Thomas for all that work he will be putting in!

Buy Thomas a Coffee

The problem with the popups should be fixed now.

6 Likes

Hello, I am using custom button cards inside popup cards, with the last update(1.1.0) the state of the entity is not refreshed (for example a light bulb on or off).
physically it turns on and off, but in order for the home assistant to update the status I have to exit and enter the popup card again.
the buttons if they are not inside a popup card update the status correctly
sorry for bad English

I know that you haven’t updated the documentation for card-mod yet but is it possible to target browser-mod popups with card-mod 2? Like popup width etc.

Thank you for the fast update. Using the last version and all popup theme styles seem broken.
I cannot find a way to get rid of the popups background.
Any ideas?

Apart from the styles, the popups are not centered in firefox, they are at the top left.
In chrome they are centered.
But hey, i’m on 0.113.0 now!
Thanks again!

Thanks for the quick update @thomasloven, great to update to 0.113!
As mentioned above styles are not working as they were and some entities aren’t updating dynamically.

1 Like

That should be fixed in 1.1.3

Popups are now using card-mod-style styles, btw, and using that will require card-mod to be installed.

Here’s an example of a style setup to change the popup size, make it transparent and set a border radius.

style:
  $: |
    .mdc-dialog .mdc-dialog__container .mdc-dialog__surface {
      border-radius: 25px;
    }
  .: |
    :host {
      --mdc-theme-surface: rgba(0,0,0,0);
      --secondary-background-color: rgba(0,0,0,0.5);
      --ha-card-background: rgba(0,0,0,0.5);
    }
    :host .content {
      width: 90vw;
      height: 90vh;
     }
5 Likes

Thanks again @thomasloven upgraded to 1.1.2 and all working perfectly now.

Hi, I see the same thing, when I turn off a light indeed, I need to exit the popup, it’s not changed in the popup itself… will this be fixed too?

I’m sorry to post this, but with 1.1.2, the more-info popups don’t work in the iOS app.
FF and Chrome are OK.
Downgrade to 1.1.1 fixes it.

1 Like

Same here. It doesn’t even created other parts like media_player, light, etc. - probably never loaded on iOS.

I’m curious, should be the new version backwards compatible with HA versions before 0.113? (let’s say 0.112) Or is it not usable? (i haven’t updated one of my HA systems and 0.112 causes to shift a popup card to upper left corner and i’m not able to close it)

1.1.2 solved it for me

Hi,

i’m running the latest version of of browser_mod.
for quite some time i have the following logs errors:
"
Home assistant core - 0.112.4
browser_mod - 1.1.2
Home assistant core running on Ubuntu server :
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/websocket_api/connection.py”, line 95, in async_handle
handler(self.hass, self, schema(msg))
File “/config/custom_components/browser_mod/connection.py”, line 36, in handle_update
devices[deviceID].update(msg.get(“data”, None))
File “/config/custom_components/browser_mod/connection.py”, line 72, in update
self.sensor = self.sensor or create_entity(
File “/config/custom_components/browser_mod/helpers.py”, line 30, in create_entity
adder = hass.data[DOMAIN][DATA_ADDERS][platform]
KeyError: ‘sensor’
2020-07-25 13:40:59 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup of browser_mod is taking over 10 seconds.
2020-07-25 13:41:11 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.websocket_api.http.connection.140418631584160] Error handling message: Unknown error
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/websocket_api/connection.py”, line 95, in async_handle
File “/config/custom_components/browser_mod/connection.py”, line 36, in handle_update
File “/config/custom_components/browser_mod/helpers.py”, line 30, in create_entity
2020-07-25 13:41:11 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.websocket_api.http.connection.140418631584160] Error handling message: Unknown error
2020-07-25 13:41:15 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.websocket_api.http.connection.140418631584160] Error handling message: Unknown error
2020-07-25 13:41:15 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.websocket_api.http.connection.140418631584160] Error handling message: Unknown error
"

can some one help ?

What I’ve gathered so far is that macos chrome and android chrome works, other browsers spotty. Popups open faster if you’ve got a lot of content in the popup.

Since hide_header now is an option, requiring title doesn’t make sense to me. Also this produces a tooltip with the title wherever you place the cursor on the screen.

service: browser_mod.popup
  service_data:
    title: popup
    hide_header: true

popup-backdrop-filter doesn’t work anymore, but card-mod 2.0 can replace it anyway.

# popup style set globally in themes
frontend:
  themes:
    tablet:
      primary-color: '#434b4d'
      card-mod-theme: tablet
      card-mod-more-info-yaml: |
        $: |
          .mdc-dialog {
            backdrop-filter: blur(10px);
            background: rgba(0,0,0,0.5);
          }
          .mdc-dialog .mdc-dialog__container .mdc-dialog__surface {
            background: none;
            box-shadow: none;
            border-radius: 1em;
          }

and

# set width per popup
  deviceID: this
  style:
    .: |
      :host .content {
        width: 60em;
      }

Otherwise style is not even needed for every popup anymore.

Great work Thomas!

4 Likes

Strange, are you using HA app or Android? I only tested the android app

im with HA app

hi @thomasloven

None of my cards load when i upgrade to latest release 1.1.2 , previous releases are working fine
i tried also incognito, cleared cache
its definety related to 1.1.2

if i also disable the custom component, it loads fine

what can be the issue?

screenshot : https://www.dropbox.com/s/vom10mo1doyl6te/custom1.PNG?dl=0

Same problem
Downgrade to 1.1.1 is working

1.1.3 should work with browsers with incomplete regex support, like safari.

In Hass 0.112 or earlier, the popups will probably show up, but be in the wrong location and cannot be closed with the close button. Closing them with the back button (new feature) should work, though.

3 Likes