šŸ”¹ Browser_mod - turn your browser into a controllable device, and a media_player

I came in here to say I also have the popup showing up in the top left corner, and clicking ā€œxā€ doesnā€™t do anything. I saw the above posts to downgrade, but Iā€™m already currently on 0.111.4. I canā€™t seem to move that popup (mini-graph-card) no matter what I try under ā€˜style.ā€™ Any thoughts?

I cannot see release 29 in HACS. They are named 1.1.1 and so on till 1.1.4ā€¦ where to have release 29?

You can increase the number of releases shown in the HACS settings under integrations.

1 Like

You need to downgrade browser_mod to release 29, not Home Assistant.

Or upgrade Home Assistant to 0.113ā€¦

Thanks Thomas. I guess I missed the point about the need to upgrade HA.
I can confirm that browser_mod behaves as expected (window centered and x working) in the latest HA upgrade. Now, time for formatting.
Thanks for letting us hide the header BTW!

Oops, somehow missed that earlier. This did the trick, thanks!

Itā€™s my bad, really. I could easily have blocked 1.1.0 or later from being installed on 0.112 or earlier in hacs, but I didnā€™t do enough testing and though it wouldnā€™t be necessary. And now itā€™s too lateā€¦

Hi,
Since I upgraded from 0.112.4 to 0.113.1 (and now 0.113.2) and browser_mod 1.1.4 the below automation does not close the more_info dialog. I have a wall-mounted screen powered by an RPi 4 and Chromium where relevant camera image shows for 30 secs when movements are detected.

Now the more_info dialog opens up ok, but never closes. Any ideas?

- alias: There is someone at the door
      mode: restart
      trigger:
        platform: state
        entity_id: binary_sensor.entrance_movement
        to: 'on'
      action:
        - service: browser_mod.more_info
          data:
            entity_id: camera.entrance
            deviceID:
              - dashboard       
        - service: tts.amazon_polly_say
          data_template:
            entity_id: media_player.kok
        - delay: 
            seconds: 30 
        - service: browser_mod.close_popup

You could try a device id:

data:
            entityID:
              - dashboard

Thanks. I tried to add deviceID. Unfortunately no change in behavior.

data:
      deviceID:
        - dashboard

Maybe if you opened it with browser_mod.popup instead of browser_mod.more_info, browser_mod.close_popup would work?

With browser_mod.popup it closed perfectly. Thanks!

- service: browser_mod.popup
          data:
            title: Ytterdƶrr
            card:
              type: picture-entity
              entity: camera.entrance
            large: true
            hide_header: true
            deviceID:
             - dashboard

The more_info command and to an extent the close_popup is currently broken.

1 Like

I am using browser_mod to pop_up a live camera stream when motion is detected at the front door. With the more_info service currently under repair I switched over to using the browser_mod.popop service to accomplish the same thing as @bjorn1 above. This is working great, and even perhaps a bit ā€œsnappierā€ than before.

However, I also have my iPad panel play a chime via a notify service. This worked great with the more_info, but does not work using the popup service. It appears that only one of the two things can happen. I can get either to work on their own, but the notification appears to prevent the popup fromā€¦ well popping up. Any thoughts or suggestions?

It could be that this was always happening to an extent but not fully blocking due to timing.
TIA

Hi,
I have multiple tablets around the house with Fully Kiosk Browser installed. Browser mod is set up to detect and use these tablets with multiple sensors and to be used as a media player. What I would like to do is add the following code to my light switch icons on my tablets that would play the sound on the respective tablet that is toggling the switch. Iā€™m using this code from another member here who only has one tablet in his home. So he was able to indicate which media play to play the sound on. However, Iā€™d like to add into the script to detect which tablet (media_player) is calling the light toggle and then using that information to push the sound file to that tablet only. Is this possible?

Copy to clipboard

ui_sound: &ui_sound |
        [[[ if (entity.state === 'off') {
        hass.callService('media_player', 'play_media', {entity_id: **'media_player.tablet**', media_content_id: '/local/sound/on.m4a', media_content_type: 'music'}); }
        else if (entity.state === 'on') {
        hass.callService('media_player', 'play_media', {entity_id: 'media_play

You might need to create some custom JS. It looks like your entity ID is stored in window.browser_mod.entity_id, so this might work:
UNTESTED

ui_sound: &ui_sound |
        [[[ if (entity.state === 'off') {
              hass.callService('media_player', 'play_media', {
                 entity_id: 'media_player.' + window.browser_mod.entity_id,
                 media_content_id: '/local/sound/on.m4a',
                 media_content_type: 'music'});
            } else if (entity.state === 'on') {
              hass.callService('media_player', 'play_media', {
                  entity_id: 'media_player.' + window.browser_mod.entity_id,
                  media_content_id: '/local/sound/off.m4a',
                  media_content_type: 'music'});
            }

This worked! Thank you so much for your help!

Hi @thomasloven

Do you know why I get this in my logs? And can I do something about it?
2020-07-31_19h39_34

It just means that itā€™s taking a bit to set up. No, you canā€™t do anything about it, except see if thomasloven will make startup faster. And as for default_config, thatā€™s built in, so thatā€™s Home Assistantā€™s job to make faster.

Thanks. Thought it might be my system :slight_smile: