šŸ”¹ Browser_mod - turn your browser into a controllable device, and a media_player

Ah, got it. Thanks for the hint. Now I have an idea what I have to look for.

Thanks for replying. I am using a FireHD8 for an alarm clock however I made a number of changes after that post and those errors have now disappeared. Iā€™ll have to check the FireOS but I am sure itā€™s at the latest version now. This tablet has the google play store and I am using Fully but I thought the issue was that it was unable to use a current version of webview due to limitations of the FireOS. At the moment I am no longer receiving these errors but would like to know if updating webview is possible and FireOS will use it.

If you are using Fully you can easily check your Webview version in Fullyā€™s menu under Settings -> Other Settings -> Device Info.

1 Like

Is Safari from ios 9.3.5, too old to get device_id? Since nothing shows up
when I login to lovelace.

From HA 0.117, that old browser is working again, so hoped
that browser_mod can catch the device_id.

Devices with modern browsers are all working okey and enjoying this
wonderful component.

Thanks,

rkjr

Hi Thomas,

Is it possible that you can create all this amazing features into a blueprint ?

Have you ever figured this out ? I do have the same error in my logs.

Hey, I am on HA 2021.1.3 now and popups dont working anymore for me. Maybe it has something to do with the secure bulletin update yesterday. Can anyone confirm this issue?

Greets!

//EDIT: Dont know why. But now it works again. Ignore my post.

1 Like

I am having the same issue, but no magical fix!

Edit: the problem is fixed now that I have done a restart of home assistant core. It seems like multiple restarts of home assistant supervisor didnā€™t do it? Weird, or Iā€™m mistaken, but itā€™s fixed now!

After upgrade to Home Assistant 2021.1.3, the custom component browser_mod doesnā€™t working anymore.
Some logs :

Logger: homeassistant.components.websocket_api.http.connection
Source: components/websocket_api/connection.py:84
Integration: Home Assistant WebSocket API (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 18:27:50 (141 occurrences)
Last logged: 18:37:38

[1862900056] Received invalid command: browser_mod/update
    [1848634600] Received invalid command: browser_mod/update
    [1792653632] Received invalid command: browser_mod/update

Really strange, because i remove from custom_components folder :frowning:

I think these messages disappear when you clear the browser cache.

Hi is posibble get in teplate current device id?

for examleā€¦
{{ states.sensor.browser_a978ebbb_90d09a86.state }}

replace for this:
{{ states.sensor.browser_this.state}}

Is possible please? Or any other way?

{{ state_attr('sensor.browser_a978ebbb_90d09a86','deviceID') }}

Am I understanding this correctly? You deleted the custom components folder and are wondering why your custom components arenā€™t working? Or are you just asking why you get the errors? Did you uninstall in HACS also and restart HA?

Did you try searching the browser_mod docs? I think this is what you are looking for.

The optional parameter time: (only useable if auto_close: true is also set) will turn the popup into a ā€œscreensaverā€.

For some reason, Browser Mod isnā€™t working for meā€¦ Running latest version of HA, thereā€™s browser_mod: line in configuration file but still itā€™s not working for meā€¦

Any suggestions?
Thanks!

Likely youā€™ll have to be more specific as to what you mean by not working. If you just mean getting entities listed, you probably need to refresh the target browser. Otherwise, check the log.

1.) Place in configuration w/ prefix
2.) Reboot
3.) Open browser on target device and clear cache
4.) Wait for a minute or few
5.) search entities for prefix.

Iā€™m seeing this error

Logger: homeassistant.setup
Source: /usr/local/lib/python3.8/asyncio/events.py:81
First occurred: 16:54:10 (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 16:54:10

Setup of browser_mod is taking over 10 seconds.

Any idea?

If everything works, simply ignore it. This happens with other components as well.

yeah it works, i just wanted to clean my errors in the log :stuck_out_tongue:

There are too many i dont link, although i cant fix

Untill update to Home Assistant 2021.1.5 browser_mod works well, I would say it was perfect. After update it does not work anymore.
It seems to be in relation to security
@thomasloven is there any way out? :woozy_face:

Update:
After several reboots (well, I did 2) it is back and running. It was more about HomeAssistant than browser_mod I guess.