BRUH DIY Multisensor

after install new board manager etc and now getting this error message:

In file included from E:\Amazon Alexa\Sonoff\Arduino\Bruh Sensor Node updated\arduino-1.8.3\portable\packages\esp8266\hardware\esp8266\2.3.0\libraries\ESP8266WiFi\src/ESP8266WiFiGeneric.h:27:0,

from E:\Amazon Alexa\Sonoff\Arduino\Bruh Sensor Node updated\arduino-1.8.3\portable\packages\esp8266\hardware\esp8266\2.3.0\libraries\ESP8266WiFi\src/ESP8266WiFiSTA.h:28,

from E:\Amazon Alexa\Sonoff\Arduino\Bruh Sensor Node updated\arduino-1.8.3\portable\packages\esp8266\hardware\esp8266\2.3.0\libraries\ESP8266WiFi\src/ESP8266WiFi.h:34,

from E:\Amazon Alexa\Sonoff\Arduino\Bruh Sensor Node updated\arduino-1.8.3\portable\sketchbook\sensorNodeUpdated\sensorNodeUpdated.ino:4:

e:\amazon alexa\sonoff\arduino\bruh sensor node updated\arduino-1.8.3\portable\packages\esp8266\tools\xtensa-lx106-elf-gcc\1.20.0-26-gb404fb9-2\xtensa-lx106-elf\include\c++\4.8.2\functional:48:28: fatal error: bits/c++config.h: No such file or directory

#include <bits/c++config.h>

^

compilation terminated.

exit status 1
Error compiling for board NodeMCU 1.0 (ESP-12E Module).

Thinking of ordering a couple of MQ-135 Sensors for air quality levels, will it work? :thinking:

normally yes, but it uses 5V I belive, so you either have to get rid of the PIR sensor of the original BRUH’s configuration or solder the two together to the VIN pin.
The code for interfacing it with the nodemcu should be a bit more complex though. Check mysensors.org to see how they do it

wouldnt a breadboard do the job instead of soldering the two together?

Already checked MySensors, it is where I actually got the idea from :stuck_out_tongue:

I selected NODEMCU 1.0

1 Like

@anon35356645 thanks its working now, just put the bits/c++config.h outside of c++ folder and its working.

really appreciate your help and suggestions

yes obviously a breadboard or mini breadboard would fit as well. I already suggested it to someone just a few replies before

1 Like

Sweet! lets wait they arrive then :slight_smile:

I have similar breadboard but little bit bigger and cheaper (compared to your link) :blush:
This One

Hi,
I am trying to make an automation but its not working when motion detect?

here is code:

• alias: Turn on kitchen light when there is movement
    trigger:

• platform: state
      entity_id: sensor.sn1_pir
      to: ‘on’
      action:
      service: homeassistant.turn_on
      entity_id: light.bed_light
  • alias: Turn off kitchen light 10 minutes after last movement
    trigger:

• platform: state
      entity_id: sensor.sn1_pir
      to: ‘off’
      for:
      minutes: 10
      action:
      service: homeassistant.turn_off
      entity_id: light.bed_light

@badgerhome
Do you have your code online? I added a REED sensor as well. I would be interested in the button code. I think It would complete my Chicken Coop Sensor.

I think it needs to be:

to: ‘motion detected’

2 Likes

yep but mine are for 7 of them… :smiley:
I like it better because they are really small and fit in the enclosure I use without any problem. But I use a way larger one to prototype everything. :wink:

1 Like

Thanks, Its working

2 Likes

These cheap RCWL-0516 microwave motion/presence detection modules look like a cool addition to the multi-sensor concept. Only about $1 each on ebay. There are a number of YouTube videos like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-q2klKJ280 that illustrate. Heck, looks like you can get 5 of 'em from Amazon for $10 with free Prime shipping :slight_smile:

I have a few on the way from China, looking forward to playing with them a bit.

1 Like

Wow looks really cool! And very cheap. My motion sensors are working well now that I’ve put foil around them but… would be awesome to hide this in an enclosure and not worry about which way it’s aiming too much! Will give it a go!

they do look much more interesting then the IR AM312 sensor which cost me 1,70€ awhile 5 of those RCWL-0516 are only 2,13€

I have plans to build one using an Adafruit Feather with a pre-attached 900 Mhz packet radio.
I am already working on a enclosure design in Fusion 360 for it as well.

Created my own version using a Nano. (Sans the radio currently)

3 Likes

I’ve just made 2 of these 1 for the loft and 1 for the garage, to basically turn lights on, on motion. but how do I get it to display the temperate in C not F please?

when I say made, I only have the temp sensor, so just needing the others to hurry up from China :smiley:

Try this
Line 353:

root[“temperature”] = (String)tempValue;

to

root[“temperature”] = (String)(tempValue - 32) /1.8;