BRUH DIY Multisensor

I love this place… thank you. will have a blast in the morning.

While @firstof9 workaround will give you the right output, there is a more convenient way. If you use bruh’s code for the multisensor, there is an option to directly acquire data in C or F, instead of doing a conversion later on

For° F (as it is already in bruh’s code)
float newTempValue = dht.readTemperature(true);

For °C (simply remove the true)
float newTempValue = dht.readTemperature();

Then the value will be directly acquired in °C, and there is no need to convert it.

3 Likes

Whoops I was looking for that line and totally blasted by it.
FYI @MarkR it’s line 449

1 Like

Hi, can we hook up air quality sensor with it?

something like this:

You’d need to modify the code to do so and make sure you had enough pins available to support the device.

1 Like

can you please help me to modify the the code?

Give this a try:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/firstof9/ESP-MQTT-JSON-Multisensor/MQ-support/bruh_mqtt_multisensor_github/bruh_mqtt_multisensor_github.ino

MQ135 Library:

1 Like

Have anyone had truble with the USB cables when connecting to the ESP-8266?

I orderd 10 new cards, did try 3 But no luck

only troubles I have is when I connect the sensors on the wrong pins

Do i need to connect the sensors before i can flash IT? I have just put the USB cable in my computer and the card just flash blue once

No, you can flash it anytime and connect the sensors later, thats how I did on the inicial Bruh sensor since everything came from China in split orders, I just connected them as they arrived :slight_smile:

Allright, damn, maybe im just unlucky

Did your card blink blue once when connected to PC?
Did u install any drivers?

Dont remember about the led, but on Ubuntu I didnt install any adicional drivers (all done within Arduino ide) and on Windows I had to install the drivers prio to Arduino ide, I dont know now the exact link but you can easy find them on google

Allright
Well i do not even get the computer too search after new hardware and i did try 2 computers.

Do u have Windows 7 or 10?

depends on the cable.
there are data cables and power cables.
with a power cable you would feed power to the esp but it wont be seen by your pc.

2 Likes

Windows 10, have you installed the drivers https://www.silabs.com/products/mcu/Pages/USBtoUARTBridgeVCPDrivers.aspx ?

To make the motion sensor into a binary sensor:

binary_sensor:
  - platform: mqtt
    state_topic: "BruhNode/YourTopic"
    device_class: motion
    value_template: '{{ value_json.motion }}'
    payload_on: 'motion detected'
    payload_off: 'standby'
    name: "Bruh Motion"
3 Likes

that’s nice to have.

Although my problem is that it takes 5-6 seconds going from motion detected to standby. Anyway to change the code and make it 1 second?

Yes, im gonna try too get a new micro USB cable. I have tried the one from aeotec 6-in-1 sensor and one from a Sony mobile

2 Likes

I have 2 of them up and running but I can’t seem to find the correct line to disable blue led that is starting when the sensor is plugged in. Can anyone point me in the right direction?