BRUH DIY Multisensor

Where did you print yours in the UK?

Do you know any 3D printing shops?

In Uk, I’ve used

1 Like

Is the temperature/humidity sensor reliable?

Yes, I have a DHT22 from aliexpress (link provided under BRUH’s video). It gives me a temperature within +/- 0.3°C from my thermostat. For the humidity, I have noting to compare it to, but it fells quite correct.

So for me it’s reliable enough. I will use one in my greenhouse this summer to auotmate the opening of windows when the temperature or humidity level are to high.

What kind of housing are you using for the sensor? I just build 2 versions of the sensor: 1 with a 3d printed housing from the Bruh video and 1 I made from a simple little carton box. Both housings give me a temperature about 2.5 - 3°C higher then when I let the DHT22 sensor “breathe” outside the housing.

for now I have no housing yet, so that is why I have a very good reading.
I plan on semi-enclose it, kinda like the PIR sensor in bruh’s example. So that way it should reduce as much as possible the heat it gets from the other components. I am planning on doing my enclosure following this project. And maybe put some of the vynil sticker on the white plastic cage around the sensor (and cut upen the grid with an exacto knife or something like that) to make it even more invisible.

4 Likes

That makes sense. Please let us know how that works out :slight_smile:

anyone find a data sheet for the PIR sensor? The one I received from amazon has no documentation or labeling.

thanks

which one is it “the one you recieved from amazon” ? :smiley:

Also, if it’s just for wiring, there is a diagram in BRUH’s video to show you how to wire it I think.

Look here: https://blog.squix.org/2016/05/esp8266-peripherals-mini-pir-motion-sensor.html.

1 Like

sorry, the one listed in Ben’s youtube tutorial: http://geni.us/dbGQ the wiring diagram does not make it clear.

I made the change on mine though it appears to be working on 5v. The docs I found for the AM312 say 3 volts as well. I wonder why he chose 5v.

@revz This is what I have been using . AM312 docs . https://unusualelectronics.co.uk/as312-am312-mini-pir-module-review

1 Like

does your close? I printed mine but it doesnt snap or close

@bachoo786 Yea. It seems to have been working fine on 5v and 3v. It switches between standby / motion – no problem so far.

im trying to get this to work, but when uploading the code i get this error

warning: espcomm_sync failed
error: espcomm_open failed
error: espcomm_upload_mem failed
error: espcomm_upload_mem failed

What im I doing wrong?

That means that your computer is unable to communicate with the NodeMCU to upload the code.

In my experience its usually one of 2 things.
Wrong communications port or you didn’t press the flash button on the NodeMCU.

Enough parts showed up to start playing around, my first Arduino project.

I followed Ben’s video to a tee but I can’t seem to get the code to compile. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

In file included from c:\users\htpc\desktop\ardrino\arduino-1.8.3-windows\arduino-1.8.3\portable\packages\esp8266\tools\xtensa-lx106-elf-gcc\1.20.0-26-gb404fb9-2\xtensa-lx106-elf\include\c++\4.8.2\bits\stl_algobase.h:59:0,

from c:\users\htpc\desktop\ardrino\arduino-1.8.3-windows\arduino-1.8.3\portable\packages\esp8266\tools\xtensa-lx106-elf-gcc\1.20.0-26-gb404fb9-2\xtensa-lx106-elf\include\c++\4.8.2\memory:62,

from C:\Users\HTPC\Desktop\Ardrino\arduino-1.8.3-windows\arduino-1.8.3\portable\packages\esp8266\hardware\esp8266\2.2.0\libraries\ESP8266WiFi\src/WiFiClient.h:24,

from C:\Users\HTPC\Desktop\Ardrino\arduino-1.8.3-windows\arduino-1.8.3\portable\packages\esp8266\hardware\esp8266\2.2.0\libraries\ESP8266WiFi\src/ESP8266WiFi.h:39,

from C:\Users\HTPC\Desktop\Ardrino\arduino-1.8.3-windows\arduino-1.8.3\portable\sketchbook\sensor1\sensor1.ino:28:

c:\users\htpc\desktop\ardrino\arduino-1.8.3-windows\arduino-1.8.3\portable\packages\esp8266\tools\xtensa-lx106-elf-gcc\1.20.0-26-gb404fb9-2\xtensa-lx106-elf\include\c++\4.8.2\xtensa-lx106-elf\bits\c++config.h:429:30: fatal error: bits/cpu_defines.h: No such file or directory

#include <bits/cpu_defines.h>

^

compilation terminated.

exit status 1
Error compiling for board NodeMCU 1.0 (ESP-12E Module).

@SeveredDime Yea. It was my first too and I followed his video to the T and it didn’t work for me either. I had to fumble around. One thing I discovered is to make sure to include all the additional libraries listed in the code comments from github. The video doesn’t mention all of them. Also make sure to select the correct board – NodeMCU 1.0 (ESP-12E module)

Hope that helps.

2 Likes

Should i press flash and then insert the USB?