⚪ Bubble Card - A minimalist card collection for Home Assistant with a nice pop-up touch

If you added it as a resource directly via the UI, it’s exactly the same as using custom:bubble-card for your pop-ups (no need to use custom: bubble-pop-up), it’s not that it’s discouraged, it’s just that it’s useless because there is no optimization like that.

Besides, the “optimization” only concerns the loading of the page when you see the content of the pop-ups appear for a fraction of a second, in optimized mode it doesn’t happen and that’s the only difference.

1 Like

Okay, no worries. Because it led me here directly, I had not searched on the French forum, but I just found so I will contact there for the continuation if other concerns.

Looking forward to the next version. Happy New Year to you.

Updated to the beta 2 of 1.6. I’m still seeing a bunch a blank space at the bottom of my tablet screen where the popups are.

I’m having some color problems. I’ve been looking around the theme to try and find a solution.

When “switch” is turned on, the icon color changes. I want it to stay the same.

When “slider” is turned on, the icon background changes. I want it to stay the same.

The image shows two switches on top and two sliders at the bottom.

Where in the theme can I set the colors?
Tried setting this, but no change.

paper-item-icon-color: 'var(--text-color)'
paper-item-icon-active-color: 'var(--text-color)'

is there a way i can set popup to all views global,??
or do i have to copy and paste to all views.

The war against bugs and instability continues :unicorn:

v1.6.0-beta.3 :

Hi everyone! I’ve dedicated nearly all of my free time to bring you this release, which I hope will be the candidate for the stable 1.6.0 version! This update introduces numerous enhancements, including fixes and optimizations for the editor, faster pop-ups, and A LOT of other fixes.

Thank you for your continued support and I can’t wait to hear your feedback :beers:

:heavy_check_mark: Bug fixes

• Removed the back_open option. It now behaves as if set to true because it was not functioning as expected when set to false.
  • The cache is now cleared on all devices after every update. If you are using bubble-pop-up.js, you still need to change the version number in your configuration.yaml before updating (to match the new version you are updating to).
  • Numerous optimizations have been made for iOS users.
  • The pop-ups now operate more quickly. I’ve put a lot of work into this!
  • Custom styles also load more quickly now.
  • Fixed all issues related to entering editor mode, which is also faster now! (Edit: There is still an issue for Bubble Pop-up users, damn!)
  • Fixed a minor error that was displayed in the Chrome console.
  • Fixed the issue “Popup button randomly stops working” (#258).
  • Fixed the issue “Bubble Card log spamming during startup: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'entity_id’)” (#255).
  • Cleaned up the code a bit.
  • Various other fixes have been implemented.
4 Likes

So I’ve been combining this with the Mobile First header from your previous work. A recent update seems to have broken it… not sure if it’s the new version of Card mod or something? Any one else have this?

This issue seems to be related to card-mod indeed, there is no reason that this is caused by Bubble Card :thinking:

The war against bugs and instability continues :unicorn:

v1.6.0-beta.4 :

Hi again everyone! I’ve fixed the issue with the editor for the pop-ups in optimized mode and I’ve also added a new feature that will automatically reorganize the frontend resources to put Bubble Card at the first position if it’s not already the case, this should improve the pop-ups initialization in regular mode for people with a lot of custom cards. Just restart Home Assistant after this update to see the magic happen!

This one is (again) the candidate for the stable 1.6.0 version! :crossed_fingers:

:heavy_check_mark: Bug fixes and optimizations

• Fixed the issue with the editor for the pop-ups in optimized mode.
  • Improved the initialization of pop-ups in regular mode for people with a lot of custom cards.
1 Like

Hi @nirav,

Do you mind to share your full code? I can’t understand how some cards works… If I see a full working dashboard I can try to get it.

1 Like

Yeh I can’t figure it out. I just got rid of the picture and graph for now.

Any chance you’ll be sharing your full set up for bubble card? I’d be keen to see how you’ve implemented things since you’ve sunsetted Mobile First.

1 Like

Just fyi. For some reason when I upgraded to the Beta, my Tap Actions disappeared. Might have been something I did, but possibly an issue?

Have you tried the last beta, because there was indeed an issue with the tap action at one point that was fixed.

Edit: Oh no… It’s not working for custom tap actions indeed, I will fix that in the next release! Thanks for the feedback!

And sorry but I will not share my dashboard until it’s ready, I’m planning to do an almost full Bubble Card dashboard, and I have too much ideas right now that I need to add to this project :nerd_face:

3 Likes

Hey Cloos,

thanks for your great work on Bubble Card, in my opinion one of the must haves for every dashboard.

Recently I installed the v1.6.0 betas and I noticed, that my pop-ups (optimized mode) reload every few seconds once I opened them, so it’s impossible to scroll down. This bug is still present in the latest beta 4. Are you aware of this topic or is it somehow a problem on my side?
After downgrading to the last stable version the bug disappears.

Thank you @Cloos for your work, this Bubble Card is really cool.

The problem here (for me I mean) is that it’s a bit confusing on how to place some cards around the code.

We don’t ask for a perfect and fine tuned dashboard code, it’s more then enough if we can understand where to put all the stuff including the corrected identation of each piece of code.

The doc is a good start point, but it shows only the cards options and not how to place them.

Thank you in advance :smiley:

Oh phew so it wasn’t just me!
Yeh I get that! I love your designs. Best dashboard I’ve found.

Most of it is fairly easy to do through the GUI. I find I rarely need to go into the Yaml.

I was not aware of that issue, could you share a video record? Do you have any errors in you browser console and is this happening on every devices?

If it was not happening before this issue must be fixed on my side.

Well I guess that this beta is still not the right candidate :sweat_smile:

patiently waiting! Loving bubble alot atm :slight_smile:

I just uploaded a video showing the problem. It first occurs after reopening the app. At some point it’s possible to scroll but the “close” action then no longer works.

There’s no error in the browser console and the bug appears on every device.