Bubendorff iDiamant / Legrand / Netatmo

Hello to the community,

I’m new to Home Assistant, and successfully migrated from a french solution called Jeedom.
I’m very impressed and satisfied of Home Assistant. It is just amazing :slight_smile:

My home is equipped of Bubendorff shutters (11 of them).
I started to connect them with an electronic remote that I control with a Z-Wave Fibaro Double switch FGS-221.
It works like a charm and thanks to the Cover Template, I was able to declare it to Home Assistant and it works very well with my Google Home.

The only trouble is that I need a couple Remote + FGS-221 for each group of of shutters, and it may start to be a little expensive.

I had no solution but a year ago, Bubendorff released the iDiamant which works with IFTTT, Google Assistant & co and provides an API :
https://developer.legrand.com/solutions/idiamant-with-netatmo/

But for what I saw, I can’t find any integration of this API.
I don’t know if these shutters are known out of France (seems to be a company from east of France), or if anyone knows how to create an integration for HomeAssistant ?

But I’m sure it would help a lot of french users :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot again for everything :slight_smile:

Cédric

Hello Cédric,

I’m also equipped with Bubendorff shutters and bought the iDiamant gateway.

iDiamant is compatible with HomeKit, which is integrated natively in Home-Assistant.
So no need to use the Legrand API.
HomeKit also has the advantage to be available locally, while the Legrand API relies on Legrand servers.

Currently, my only drawback is that i cannot stop my shutter via HomeKit, while being possible via Legrand API (via the Legrand android app)

Thanks Valim, we discussed it on the French HA Forum

And ideed, it seems to be the more efficient solution at the time.

I bought an iDiamant and gonna test it as soon as I recieve it :slight_smile:
Thanks !

Did you test controlling the iDiamant with IFTTT ? Maybe the stop command is correctly managed.

Hi, support for Bubendorff shutters is in the making and will be available via the Netatmo integration.

2 Likes

Do you have a link for this implementation ?

It is not released yet and still in alpha-testing, but so far it looks usable.

Any news about this release ? :grin:

PRs are currently being reviewed. I can’t given an ETA though.

1 Like

Hi,

I’m also very interested with the direct covers support in Netatmo integration. Do you have news about tests and potential release ?
Thank you for the info :slight_smile:

In case you have missed it in the release notes, this is available in 2022.10.

1 Like

Awesome !
Having problems with it though, I can stop covers which is great but it doesn’t register as open and cannot be closed when half-way… Anyone has a workaround ?

The problem is that we don’t get feedback from Netatmo right away so it takes up to 5 minutes to reflect the state in HA.

How do I migrate the shutters from Homekit to Netatmo? I tried disabling the Homekit integration and restarting the Netatmo integration, but it doesn’t find any new devices - do I need to delete and re-setup the entire Netatmo integration?

Restarting HA or the integration should bring in devices registered with that account. Re-setup should not be necessary. Please check the logs if some errors occur that prevent this.

The only thing I see in the system log that could potentially be it is

Logger: homeassistant.helpers.entity_platform
Source: helpers/entity_platform.py:567
First occurred: 27. Oktober 2022 um 15:12:20 (26 occurrences)
Last logged: 18:28:22

Ignoring invalid device configuration_url ''

edit: yes, that’s the one that comes up when I restart the integration.

I’d need more details than this to find the issue. Please share debug logs and diagnostics.

I hope this is what you need.
Debug log of the full start: Dropbox - debuglog.txt - Simplify your life
Diagnostics of the Netatmo component: Dropbox - config_entry-netatmo-934138b071f08eec0e33c8a029f1b89d.json.txt - Simplify your life

I have the shutters configured in the HomeKit integration, where they work just fine. They’re connected using iDiamant.

I’ve added the diagnostics for that as well: Dropbox - config_entry-homekit_controller-1e2844d06cf89e24e16a432ce234942a.json.txt - Simplify your life

As far as I can tell the integration is working fine. To me it looks like the devices you are missing are not registered to that same Netatmo account.

You’re right, they’re not showing up in the Netatmo account - but then where are they registered? They show up in the Control+ app and, like I said, work fine via HomeKit. Weird.