Buy a ready2use zigbee2mqtt stick - flashed, antenna mod and printed case

I have some new zigbee sticks and milight hubs available.

@h4nc please PM me with the price for the zigbee2mqtt stick, including postage to Australia. (new user, can’t PM)

1 Like

I have some premade sticks available again.

Digiblur made an interest video on the project, but whilst reading another thread I realised that you can use this same setup you’ve produced here with z2m.

Difference is the esp8266 bridge runs on ESPEasy but the cc2530 runs normal z2m.

this seems like a perfect solution!

1 Like

I did not see that, thanks for your suggestion! Will definitly give it a try.

However setting this up will probably be a bit harder for users who are new to z2m.

Well if you produce the stick, there’s no difference other than the path to the bridge,
In this new case it’s tcp://ip

In fact I was thinking that instead of using a nodemcu or similar you could use a sonoff basic which already has a power supply.

1 Like

Anyone selling Zigbee 3.0 USB sticks based on the newer CC2538, CC26X2R1, or CC1352P_2 chips?

As far as I know not yet, the closest is in the prototype stage: see https://electrolama.com/projects/zig-a-zig-ah/

1 Like

I will get my hands on the CC2538 and come up with a solution soon. As before I will post new projects in this thread.

sorry for asking a little OT but I can feel it might be pretty related. Do you know any BLE to Mqtt with power plug form factor. I’ve seen such WiFi repeaters. I think device itself with power unit boxed all together into power plug would be very slick.

Maybe OP is able to develop some.

So sharing some feedback. got the esp and 2530+2591 set up per the above link.
It initally worked but then it dropped and no matter what I tried, i just couldnt get it to work.

So I opted for trying the z2m (zigbee 2 tasmota) and it’s working really well. As mentioned I used a sonoff basic, so I have a direct power supply and the 2530+2591 i’d already flashed.

All working really well and best of all it’s portable !!!
Another advantage is that no extra (docker/component) is required. mqtt from the hub to Hass… great

So you mean a BLE to MQTT bridge that you can plug in into your AC power socket, right? Because I don’t understand the “Wifi repeater” part.

OpenMQTTGateway is able to handle BLE and works with MQTT.
However I don’t plan to make DIY AC powered devices, sorry. The main reason is that 230V AC is potentially dangerous and I don’t want to get anyone’s life in danger. But you can always use a USB powered device and use a USB power socket.

You mean this right? I did not have time to try it yet.

You probably meant z2t? I think one of the downsides of z2t currently is that z2m supports way more devices but time will change that.

Yes, using a 8266 with eapeasy as a bridge.

Yes thats right z2t. The limitation with respect to z2m is unclear. Reading the note in the tasmota wiki it talks about the limitation of the 2530, not the 8266 bridge; therefore that limiation would apply to any software as per this.

Tasmota also mentions you may have more than one coordinator if indeed this was an issue.

The convenience of being able to place it anywhere and dealing with one less package (z2m program) are very strong arguments.

1 Like

I havent had any issues with the app either ( i use docker) it works very well. But it is another app to manage. Recently there were significant improvements that required conf changes. (maintenance)…

I use unraid in a chunky server and run over 40 dockers. Using a usb stick is just not practical.

1 Like

Z2T will also need some maintenance, for example if you want to keep the firmware of both modules (esp8266 and cc2530) up to date. I think both projects have their use cases and people can decide for themselves which project fits their needs best.

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Post #205 has been removed by mistake and can’t be restored, so this is why I’m posting the content of #205 again (just to have the complete conversation).

I meant the amount of supported devices compared to z2m, but I just saw that there are way more devices in the list now than the last time I looked at it. So that’s nice.

Never had issues with my z2m addon (stable for months), but totally agree that being able to place it anywhere is a benefit. Especially if your raspi (or similar) is poorly positioned for the zigbee coordinator.

Received my CC2531 device and it’s already up and running. The antenna helped a lot to improve reach, I can now place my aqara devices anywhere in the apartment! Works perfectly

Thank you!

1 Like

Hi @h4nc, can you please send me the prizes? I also would be interested in new CC26X2R1 with zigbee 3

Hi @daplaji, I will send you a pm. However I don’t offer the CC26X2R1.