Bwalarm (akasma74 edition)

@sparkydave I agree with the terminology. Only reason I used “zones” is because its what a traditional hard-wired alarm would use.

I installed commercial alarms for many years and zones were always inputs, areas were groups of zones. Even my current brand new alarm is labelled this way.

Thanks @AhmadK. It took a couple of reboots, but I see the Alarm blade in HA now. My interface doesn’t look like yours - I’m getting this:

I’m also seeing this in my log:

2019-07-09 03:48:45 WARNING (MainThread) [custom_components.bwalarm.alarm_control_panel] [load_log] File /config/resources/bwalarm/bwalarm_log.json does not exist

Did I miss something?

if persistence is on, but it’s your first run (i.e there was no arm/disarm actions to log) then there is no log file and nothing wrong.

your alarm panel seems strange though, here’s how it should be:

Can you try a different browser maybe? And also check that all custom_components/bwalarm/resources subfolders are there.

Have to admit that it does not make sense to my brain. “how an area is to react to subsets of areas” doesn’t sound valid :wink:
And

doesn’t sound like “how”, it’s “what’s included”.

Until I understand what’s what and how it’s all linked, there is no way to write any code.

I’m configuring this nice alarm and I have detected a problem. I have been looking for related info or configuration option but no success.

I am able to activate the alarm with and without code, for the same master user or ‘HA’ (in logs)

HA set the alarm in Home mode

It is the same log if I use the master passcode configured in the Alarm section (code: in the bwalarm.yaml) or no code, just pressing the Home button.

For the rest of users, if I use their codes they are logged properly.

I cleared the cache of my wall tablet. My concern it is the alarm could be activated with no code.

Please let me know if I am doing sometring wrong.

There is Require code to arm in Settings → Alarm if I get your question right.

Yes, it is set up in the UI and the config file shows code_to_arm: true

I can reproduce it and need to think if it’s a bug or a feature… :wink:
Thanks for reporting that anyway

1 Like

Hello, i just installed the BWalarm by the community tab. but i can’t open the alarm tab from the menu i get the error:
“Unable to load custom panel from https://HOMEASSISTANT.duckdns.org/api/panel_custom/alarm

I suspect that you installed NOT the latest version as mine is at
http://hassio.local:8123/alarm

i get it from the community store in my hass

Hi all,

I just got my new hard-wired commercial alarm system communicating with my HA MQTT server and can now see all data coming from the panel in MQTT Lens. I’m using this interface.

What I don’t know how to do is integrate that data with this HA alarm system. Can anyone please help me out? My hope is to get the two systems acting as one. ie: if I arm the commercial system, it arms the HA one, and vice versa.

The settings section of this HA alarm has settings for MQTT integration but it appears that it is expecting straight topics rather than a JSON string. I tried putting in the JSON but the component failed to start.

I am also hoping that the hard-wired sensors can become entities within HA. Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks

It should not be difficult and requires 2 automations: one reacts to bwalarm changing state to armed_xxx and sends mqtt message to set your commercial alarm, and the other does the same the other way round.

In settings you can set a TOPIC. Then you can send JSON messages to this topic. Currently only code attribute supported.

Here we need more details.

My hard-wired (commercial) alaram system is now reporting all state changes via MQTT. So if I walk in front of a PIR for example, that is reported via MQTT. I’m hoping (and I think it’s fairly possible) that I can include that data as new entities in HA.

Then please open a new issue on GitHub.
Make sure to include all necessary details to deal with it.

Off the top of my head yes, just create a MQTT binary/template sensor and then use it everywhere in HA, including this integration.

Here’s an example mqtt binary sensor for one of my PIRs:

- platform: mqtt
  state_topic: "gpio_bridge_1/input/pir_wkshop"
  name: "pir_workshop"
  payload_on: 'ON'
  payload_off: 'OFF'
  qos: 0
  device_class: motion
1 Like

A new release v1.10.1 is available.

It fixes this issue and shortens the integration’s name in HACS.

Great job
Thanks!