Bwalarm (akasma74 edition)

Also - in my Lovelace design, I have the following card defined. Prior to upgrading to this version of the alarm, when I armed the system, I would see a keypad. Now, I don’t. I just have a “Disarm” button.

entity: alarm_control_panel.house
name: Home Alarm
states:
  - arm_home
  - arm_away
type: alarm-panel

Mate, it’s absolutely impossible to help you knowing just “this version” (which one? and what did you have before? and how you updated it?) and “warning in my log” (much better to post your log).
If you believe it’s a bug, please open a new issue providing as much information as possible.

Speaking about cards, I have this in my Lovelace and it works as expected (i.e Arm buttons when disarmed and keypad + disarm button when set):

entity: alarm_control_panel.house
type: alarm-panel

hmm strange but i delete the pycache and after a refresh - it works again - like it should …

the only thing now is the ugly new sidebar - is it possible to hide it over css?

br
manzn

pycache has nothing to do with rendering of webpages.
what sidebar?

no plan if this it was the pycache or something else … but after clean up it worked again

the new sidebar of 0.96

You can hide the sidebar with Compact Custom Header. It may not be exactly as you want it, but for me it’s ok until they make the sidebar more configurable.

@boneheadfraggle

thx but this is not working in an panel view - only in the lovelace gui …

0.96.3 will allow you to hide the sidebar.

@tom_l

oh that’s good news - thx for the info

I’m not able to add my garage door in sensors.

I’m sure it’s my inexperience, but it shows up as “cover.garage_door” entity in HA and I’m able to control the door and see that it is open/closed, but it is not appearing in my list of sensors in the alarm. I did a search of this thread, but no one seems to have asked this question like.

That’s because only sensor, binary_sensor and switch domains’ entities are displayed in Settings.
I’d suggest to add it manually to your bwalarm.yaml

1 Like

I actually started looking into that after I asked, thank you for the clarification.

i have an issue where alarm panel card doesn`t show keypad when i enable use password to enable alarm…
I toggled the setting multiple times including restart home assistant.

I am on ha 0.961.

I stumbled upon this and installed it yesterday. It works perfectly for me. Thank you so much for keeping it updated!

Do you mean Settings → Require code to arm?
I’d suggest you to create a new issue and describe the problem in details and add as much relevant information as possible.
I don’t have access to my HA at the moment so it’ll be a remainder.

Hey guys, just installed using HACS, followed the directions line by line, but when I try to edit the settings I get the following error

"Failed to call service alarm_control_panel/alarm_yaml_save. ‘<’ not supported between instances of ‘str’ and ‘int’ "

And this in the log:

list indices must be integers or slices, not str
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/websocket_api/commands.py", line 121, in handle_call_service
    connection.context(msg))
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py", line 1150, in async_call
    self._execute_service(handler, service_call))
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py", line 1170, in _execute_service
    handler.func(service_call)
  File "/config/custom_components/bwalarm/alarm_control_panel.py", line 408, in alarm_yaml_user
    alarm.settings_user(service.data.get(CONF_USER), service.data.get(CONF_COMMAND))
  File "/config/custom_components/bwalarm/alarm_control_panel.py", line 833, in settings_user
    self._yaml_content['users'].append(user)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/ruamel/yaml/compat.py", line 269, in __getitem__
    return self.__getsingleitem__(index)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/ruamel/yaml/comments.py", line 387, in __getsingleitem__
    return list.__getitem__(self, idx)
TypeError: list indices must be integers or slices, not str

What exactly are you editing? Or does it happen on ANY edit?

Yes, but when i create an alarm panel card, it doesn`t show a keypad.

I believe there IS a keypad if you switch to Alarm view.
If that’s the case, feel free to create a new issue and I’ll look into it in September :wink:

Happens on any edit.