Bwalarm (akasma74 edition)

How about using this instead?

That definitely looks like it will work for getting HA to ā€˜followā€™ the arm/disarm state of the commercial alarm system on that paradoxdCTL/status topic, i hope. Thanks for the link. Iā€™ll give it a try on Friday

When I try using this, there is no keypad displayed?

Have you installed card-mod correctly? Card-mod or card-modder? Theyā€™re different. You want the first one.

Did you change the alarm panel entity id to yours?

Any typo in your card config could also cause this. Post it, correctly formatted.

Thanks you were correct, card-mod was not installed correctly.

Any idea how I would change the font size of the ā€œinputā€ field? Iā€™d like to make the code display a little bigger if possible.

Also - any ideas on button outlines? Iā€™m playing with a few options and reading up but would be easier if someone knows! :slight_smile:

I updated this component from the Git repo a few days ago (manually) and only just noticed that the alarm panel no longer loads. I normally donā€™t have to use the alarm panel as there are automations set up to arm / disarm based on presence hence not realising for a few days.

Any ideas what to do?

I also have a problem whereby after the alarm is triggered, the automations (the ones that are part of the repo) which control the ā€˜triggeredā€™ and ā€˜warningā€™ actions keep turning off. I turn them back on but it seems that a triggered alarm turns them off againā€¦?

https://material.io/develop/web/components/buttons/

That was the wrong button type. This is the correct one:

https://package.elm-lang.org/packages/achutkiran/material-components-elm/latest/Mwc-Button

Iā€™d suggest to update the integration again carefully and create a new issue if thereā€™s still a problem.
Just provide as much details as possible.

Regarding your automations, I can reassure you that there is nothing in the code that deals with any automation at all.

Thats what is confusing me, I did check all the yaml files and there is definitely nothing there (including alarm related automations I have created) that turns those automations off, plus I have initial_state: 'on' set for all of them so any restarts will fix itā€¦ but they still change somehow :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Iā€™m going to switch to using HACS this weekend so will do a fresh update that way and see how things go

Thatā€™s strange.
Just a note that you donā€™t need to keep that initial_state: 'on' anymore as from HA 0.95(?) itā€™s on by default.

I realise that, it was my way of trying to prevent these automations turning off all the time

Hi thank you Ahmad and anyone else involved in the project its working great for me. Quick question though if I wanted to put a page that I made In lovelace (basically a few switches and some solar output info) In the Custom Panel Page is there any easy way to do that?

No there is not.

morning ā€¦

anyone updates to the new version 0.96.1 ???

It looks like that after the update:

Some suggestions how to get the nice interface back online, without go back zu 0.95?

Have you tried clearing your browserā€™s cache and then restarting HA?

does not help - looks like before ā€¦

Iā€™m seeing the warning: ā€œOverwriting integration alarmā€ each time I reboot HASS. Do I have something configured incorrectly?

Also - in my Lovelace design, I have the following card defined. Prior to upgrading to this version of the alarm, when I armed the system, I would see a keypad. Now, I donā€™t. I just have a ā€œDisarmā€ button.

entity: alarm_control_panel.house
name: Home Alarm
states:
  - arm_home
  - arm_away
type: alarm-panel

Mate, itā€™s absolutely impossible to help you knowing just ā€œthis versionā€ (which one? and what did you have before? and how you updated it?) and ā€œwarning in my logā€ (much better to post your log).
If you believe itā€™s a bug, please open a new issue providing as much information as possible.

Speaking about cards, I have this in my Lovelace and it works as expected (i.e Arm buttons when disarmed and keypad + disarm button when set):

entity: alarm_control_panel.house
type: alarm-panel

hmm strange but i delete the pycache and after a refresh - it works again - like it should ā€¦

the only thing now is the ugly new sidebar - is it possible to hide it over css?

br
manzn