Bwalarm (akasma74 edition)

Yeah I’m not seeing it, and I expected to.

very weird. I have never seen a option to disable it

It’s probably because I was arming from a Lovelace card.

I assume you’re seeing the warning in the main panel?

yes i was… I also dont receive the warning from lovelace. This is what makes me wonder if it overrides them or not.

Looks like it is only a function of the custom panel. So I would say no.

do you think it would my post below would be work?

Yes, that’s the difference between arming from Lovelace alarm panel or the component’s panel - the latter is much more functional and a fair bit of processing/functionality is in alarm.html, which is obviously bypassed when using Lovelace card.
I can confirm that you can see those Override/cancel buttons when arming via web interface, but it just arms the alarm from Lovelace alarm card (I happen to have both atm).

I’m not quite sure that I got your idea right… do you want to dynamically update override section of the alarm component?
If so, it might require forcing the fronted to reload configuration from alarm.yaml and maybe something else.
Could you explain briefly here what is the main point of creating that Node Red Panel as I couldn’t fully get it from the topic you referred us to… ;\

Awesome news you picked this up, I was pretty devastated when I upgraded only to find a broken alarm, and a potentially frustrated wife that I broke it fiddling “again”

One day I’ll learn updating almost never fixes the problem I have and often just causes new problems, although I did get access to the new iOS app to play with which is cool.

Love the idea on disabling a sensor if it’s open when the alarm is activated.

In my experience it would arm the alarm anyway, and 70% of the time I would be fine, the other 30% for whatever reason my cheap Xiaomi sensors would change or update state to the same and trip the alarm randomly (always door/window sensors)

I’m going to try and upgrade to the new code tonight.

I particularly like the second part :wink:

yeah, there are bugs everywhere, it’s just about your luck how many you personally will stumble upon.
a great rule; have a backup and roll back as soon as you’re in troubles, easy!

You mean “override” prompt who you arm the alarm? It’s handy, especially with PIRs next to the entrance door, I presume that’s exactly why we have this feature.

Only when you click on “Override”, check this discussion for more details.

Good luck with your upgrade, don’t forget to read the instructions.

New code installed and it seems to be working a treat :slight_smile:

Forgot to mention, I pretty much only set and disarm the alarm through the android alarm panel i’ve setup and wallmounted a rasp pi hardwired near the front door and screen plus i’ve got an cheap android phone near the staircase.

Otherwise I just use the alarm panel in lovelace as I found the dedicated frame a bit clunky (although the override / warning of an open sensor is an absolutely incredible feature! WAF (wife approval factor) for the more complex tab to set the alarm doesn’t fly need to keep it as simple as possible.

If we could get that override into the lovelace platform that would be amazing, I did notice someone mentioned something about an iframe into the front end which could be cool if we polish it.

Glad to hear your config is working again.
Thanks for the explanation regarding using the component in Lovelace mode.
To be honest, it’s pretty different to how the author designed it and I’ll need to investigate it further to see what’s possible.
As it’s not a bug fix but rather a feature request, I can’t promise anything soon because currently I just don’t have enough time to do any serious development. Hope you understand.

hello. i installed bwalarm with no problems. i also have konnected component to manage sensors and siren. but i got 2 questions/problems. 1st is i cant set how long the alarm will trigger from the iu of bwalarm. no matter how long i set the seconds it triggers based on the timer set on the siren set in sensor config file. and second i cant figure out how to set i.ex. sensor triggers, siren hits for i.ex 300 seconds then turn off and if the sensor is still open to retriger the siren for 300 seconds

Go to Settings (at the bottom right of your screen) → Sensors
There you can change Trigger Time for each alarm mode (Home/Away etc)

I don’t get that mate…

Same thing here - could you elaborate?

Does anyone use perimeter mode? I was thinking of using it only when we have overnight guests who might roam about downstairs.

Well, I personally yet to start using it, but it’s unclear if there is any difference between Perimeter and Home mode. Anyone (before I dive into the code)?

Isn’t it that you (the user) can define (in settings) a third ‘armed’ option? You have armed away, home and perimeter? So for me:

away: any/all sensors would trigger an alarm, entry/exit doors would be a delayed alarm
home: all DOWNSTAIRS sensors would trigger an alarm
perimeter: only entry/exit doors would trigger an alarm + outbuilding motion

Yeah, it’s most likely just one more set of sensors/settings for people who need some extra flexibility i.e not only Away.

#####konnected######
konnected:
access_token: alarm
api_host: http://192.168.1.111:8123
devices:
- id: 68c63ad6f05e
binary_sensors:
- pin: 1
type: window
name: ‘panic_button’
inverse: true
- pin: 2
name: ‘back_windows’
- pin: 5
type: door
name: ‘front_door’
- pin: 6
name: ‘front_windows’
switches:
- pin: 7
name: ‘alarm’

this is my config for the nodemcu with sensors.

i know the bwalarm settings that you can change the time to the siren but it doesnt work. it still gets the time to trigger from the config file switches -pin7 name alarm the default value which is 300 secs

Can you fix formatting of your config?
As far as I can see, it’s some component’s config - how is it applicable to bwalarm?

{“state”: “disarmed”, “timeoutat”: null, “returnto”: “disarmed”, “states”: {“armed_away”: {“immediate”: [], “delayed”: [“binary_sensor.front_door”], “override”: [], “pending_time”: 20, “warning_time”: 0, “trigger_time”: 6}, “armed_home”: {“immediate”: [], “delayed”: [], “override”: [], “pending_time”: 0, “warning_time”: 0, “trigger_time”: 6}, “armed_perimeter”: {“immediate”: [], “delayed”: [], “override”: [], “pending_time”: 0, “warning_time”: 0, “trigger_time”: 6}}, “armstate”: “disarmed”}

this is my alarm.json file

- id: '1556313173146'
  alias: Trigger alarm while armed home or away
  initial_state: 'on'
  trigger:
  - entity_id: binary_sensor.back_windows
    platform: state
    to: 'on'
  - entity_id: binary_sensor.front_door
  - entity_id: binary_sensor.front_windows
  - entity_id: binary_sensor.panic_button
  condition:
  - condition: or
    conditions:
    - condition: state
      entity_id: alarm_control_panel.house
      state: armed_away
    - condition: state
      entity_id: alarm_control_panel.house
      state: armed_home
  action:
  - entity_id: alarm_control_panel.house
    service: alarm_control_panel.alarm_trigger
- id: '1556313328688'
  alias: alarm triggered
  trigger:
  - entity_id: alarm_control_panel.house
    to: triggered
  action:
  - data:
    service: notify.notify
  - data: {}
    service: switch.turn_on
- id: '1556817962140'
  alias: autostart
  initial_state: 'on'
  trigger:
  - event: start
    platform: homeassistant
  condition: []
  action:
  - alias: ''
    data: {}
    service: automation.turn_on

and this is my automations file (some of them are copy paste from a template not all working)