Bwalarm (akasma74 edition)

pycache has nothing to do with rendering of webpages.
what sidebar?

no plan if this it was the pycache or something else ā€¦ but after clean up it worked again

the new sidebar of 0.96

You can hide the sidebar with Compact Custom Header. It may not be exactly as you want it, but for me itā€™s ok until they make the sidebar more configurable.

@boneheadfraggle

thx but this is not working in an panel view - only in the lovelace gui ā€¦

0.96.3 will allow you to hide the sidebar.

@tom_l

oh thatā€™s good news - thx for the info

Iā€™m not able to add my garage door in sensors.

Iā€™m sure itā€™s my inexperience, but it shows up as ā€œcover.garage_doorā€ entity in HA and Iā€™m able to control the door and see that it is open/closed, but it is not appearing in my list of sensors in the alarm. I did a search of this thread, but no one seems to have asked this question like.

Thatā€™s because only sensor, binary_sensor and switch domainsā€™ entities are displayed in Settings.
Iā€™d suggest to add it manually to your bwalarm.yaml

1 Like

I actually started looking into that after I asked, thank you for the clarification.

i have an issue where alarm panel card doesn`t show keypad when i enable use password to enable alarmā€¦
I toggled the setting multiple times including restart home assistant.

I am on ha 0.961.

I stumbled upon this and installed it yesterday. It works perfectly for me. Thank you so much for keeping it updated!

Do you mean Settings ā†’ Require code to arm?
Iā€™d suggest you to create a new issue and describe the problem in details and add as much relevant information as possible.
I donā€™t have access to my HA at the moment so itā€™ll be a remainder.

Hey guys, just installed using HACS, followed the directions line by line, but when I try to edit the settings I get the following error

"Failed to call service alarm_control_panel/alarm_yaml_save. ā€˜<ā€™ not supported between instances of ā€˜strā€™ and ā€˜intā€™ "

And this in the log:

list indices must be integers or slices, not str
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/websocket_api/commands.py", line 121, in handle_call_service
    connection.context(msg))
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py", line 1150, in async_call
    self._execute_service(handler, service_call))
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py", line 1170, in _execute_service
    handler.func(service_call)
  File "/config/custom_components/bwalarm/alarm_control_panel.py", line 408, in alarm_yaml_user
    alarm.settings_user(service.data.get(CONF_USER), service.data.get(CONF_COMMAND))
  File "/config/custom_components/bwalarm/alarm_control_panel.py", line 833, in settings_user
    self._yaml_content['users'].append(user)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/ruamel/yaml/compat.py", line 269, in __getitem__
    return self.__getsingleitem__(index)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/ruamel/yaml/comments.py", line 387, in __getsingleitem__
    return list.__getitem__(self, idx)
TypeError: list indices must be integers or slices, not str

What exactly are you editing? Or does it happen on ANY edit?

Yes, but when i create an alarm panel card, it doesn`t show a keypad.

I believe there IS a keypad if you switch to Alarm view.
If thatā€™s the case, feel free to create a new issue and Iā€™ll look into it in September :wink:

Happens on any edit.

The traceback points towards user-related settings, thatā€™s strangeā€¦
Anyway, please create a new issue and give as much relevant information as possible, including exact edit(s) that produce the error.

Sure, it feels like I am missing something or something didnā€™t install right with HACS maybe?.
I am running all this on Rpi3 with Hassos,
I also have this in the error log
ā€™<ā€™ not supported between instances of ā€˜strā€™ and 'intā€™
And as soon as I click on settings alarm panel I get:
Failed to call service alarm_control_panel/alarm_yaml_user. list indices must be integers or slices, not str
It looks like any service call to alarm gets messed up.

My installā€¦

• I got bwalarm folder in custom_components
  • I got a copy of resources folder in main /config folder
  • I have alarm.yaml in the main /config folder and declared in config and this is all whatā€™s in it
- platform: bwalarm
  code: '7337'
  alarm: automation.alarm_triggered
  warning: automation.alarm_warning

- platform: aarlo
  home_mode_name: home
  away_mode_name: armed
  trigger_time: 30
  alarm_volume: 8   

Mate, I asked you to create a new issue by clicking on the link.
Letā€™s keep this topic to share ideas etc and use Github for support, shall we?

It says otherwise in installation instructions, please check it out.

There should be nothing about aarlo in there.