Bwalarm (akasma74 edition)

Yes I do.

Well, my approach is pretty conservative because of several reasons:
0. My main priority is bug fixes and it’s a security component.

1. Time - can’t spend a lot on it atm.
  2. The interface (panel) should be converted to a Lovelace view (it’s Polymer now) but I have not knowledge to undertake it right now (still gathering information as it’s not readily available). That’s why I’m not a big fan of any panel’s improvement. And as a lot of processing is done on that level, it hinders all development (or I think so).
  3. I’m currently finishing documentation revision as it’s a shame to have a great thing with no user manual. And it takes plenty of time and some code fixes.

Don’t think we need to fast forward here and it doesn’t seem too outdated in terms of issues’ number/FRs… but I’m always open for suggestions/help.

Apologies, didn’t mean to sound like I’m rushing you or anything. I’m not much of a developer, but I’d like to help in whatever way I can. I think I’ll start looking at ways to build a Lovelace card for this. I appreciate the work you’ve done since the originator disappeared and just want to help in whatever ways I can.

I might be wrong, but to make it similar to what it’s now we need a view. But idea is the same, yes.
I stumbled upon some nice and dirty tricks but hope there is better approach… shame Lovelace isn’t that well documented for developers (or I’m not that advanced in web development :wink:

Regarding the Lovelace view, I know the original author used the panel do that we could ‘lock’ HA to that panel when the alarm was armed. The coffee is still there as far as I know however the functionality is easily bypassed. Ideally this lockout should be enforced so people can’t mess with HA without first disarming the alarm

Good point, we need to keep it in mind. On the other hand, some people control their alarm from their phones and don’t want such restrictions at all…
Don’t know if it’s possible to completely lock out Lovelace view’s user from accessing other views (think it isn’t).
However, if you access HA as an ordinary (non-admin) user there is no access to Configuration (but one can access Overview).

views are defined by the user in their own config file, maybe we can make a special one that has the security features sparkydave is talking about? Do you have any examples or references to what you had in mind?

I’m talking about Lovelace views - it’s a Lovelace card that takes up the whole screen, just one big card.

I think it should be similar to what we have now. We can take Alarm card as a base and extend it by adding things like header, countdown timer, time & weather and tabs at the bottom.

A new documentation release is available on GitHub.

Hope you enjoy more up-to-date configuration description and yes, it’s work in progress… :wink:
Some examples and tutorials to follow. Stay tuned.

5 Likes

Hi, I want to increase the font size of the digits on the button and also increase size of the button. Looks like the font style is fetched from ha_style.ts and it is hardcoded.
Is there any way to overwrite it alert.css or any other solution ?

EDIT: this is for an alarm panel Lovelace card. Just realiesed you might mean the side panel?

Yes, use the css style option of card-mod:

entity: alarm_control_panel.house
name: Alarm Panel
states:
  - arm_away
style:
  '#keypad mwc-button':
    $: |
      button {
        font-size: 16px !important;
        mwc-button--outlined;
      }
  .: |
    ha-card {
      border: solid 2px var(--primary-color);
    }
type: alarm-panel

I meant the side panel, i am loading the http://ip:port/alarm in an iframe in hadashboard.

it’s fetched from /custom_components/bwalarm/resources/alarm/alarm.css and it’s hardcoded.
Currently there is no easy way apart from tinkering with your alarm.css.
And most of the users actually want bigger digits and smaller buttons :wink:

small button is ok. I need bigger font as i have problem with my eyesight :slight_smile: changed the font color to black and that somewhat helps.
Using inspect, i found the font size is controlled by font-size from ha_style.ts and not from alarm.css

Aha, you’re using Lovelace card to control the alarm. Please read this.
Speaking about

I think it’s just because you haven’t connected your alarm to your siren, right?

Sounds like your automations aren’t setup properly. Check your triggers in your automations

I assume that your sensors are working correctly and the alarm control panel changes to “Triggered” if you activate a sensor in the immediate group? If not you need to go back through your config and check it’s correct. I suggest just getting a single sensor working, and then add the others.

In order for the alarm to actually perform any actions when triggered you need to create your own automations. They should use the alarm control panel service as the trigger. (Note that I think I’ve renamed mine to “house”.

For example

id: alarm_triggered_away
alias: '[Alarm] TRIGGERED AWAY'
trigger:
  - platform: state
    entity_id: alarm_control_panel.house
    to: 'triggered'
action:
#Put your actions here
1 Like

Is there anyway to remove the name on the top of the alarm panel? I dont need it and its taking up valuable space on my wall mounted 7" fire tab. I have to scroll up and down to see all of the buttons on the alarm panel.

There is no option to reclaim that space at the moment.
What you can try is to change in bwalarm.yaml panel_title to empty string (‘’)
Or manually remove that section from resources/panel.html
I’d say you have to scroll because the bottom bit takes unproportionally much space.
I tried to figure out how to reduce it quickly but was unsuccessful and haven’t attempted that since then (my tablet is also 7" but I don’t use code to arm as you do).

Thanks for the quick response! Its not that big of a deal only a mild nuisance. I would use it with out code but its for an office so I would like to check who is setting the alarm at nights.

I played wit the the code and have to say that it won’t work if you just define an empty panel_title BUT it’s relatively easy to make the panel not to display the title, I already have a working version (as I mentioned earlier, it’s still does not look great because of that bottom bit, will look into it as well when I have time).
Hope to include this tweak in the next release so stay tuned :wink:

4 Likes