Bwalarm (akasma74 edition)

Sounds good to combine. Would be good, if possible, to get some more responsive behavior and a bit less spacing.

My (bit older and resolution poorer) tablet doesn’t fit, so have to scroll the see everything.

I cannot promise any improvement in terms of responsiveness (as it’s way too advanced atm) but space handling will definitely be better and take into account factors like code to arm etc.
BTW, what’s your tablet’s screen resolution?

I understand. Pretty same both for Nexus 7 2012 (1280800) and for xiaomi mi pad 4 (19201200) — icons i bottom getting proportional bigger than keypad.

Same issue here, mqtt isn’t working on 103.2, I believe there’s already a github issue concerning it. Workaround is to turn of mqtt if you’re not using it.

No issue with combining, and cant wait to see the better buttons!

@AhmadK

I did the upgrade to 0.103.2 again. Same result: alarm component not working. This time I have the logs :slight_smile: The logs complain about MQTT (which I’m using for my keypads):

2019-12-20 20:06:13 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.loader] You are using a custom integration for bwalarm which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you do experience issues with Home Assistant.
2019-12-20 20:06:17 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Error doing job: Task exception was never retrieved
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 406, in _async_add_entity
    await entity.async_added_to_hass()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/asyncio/coroutines.py", line 132, in coro
    res = yield from await_meth()
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/mqtt/__init__.py", line 433, in async_subscribe
    async_remove = await hass.data[DATA_MQTT].async_subscribe(
KeyError: 'mqtt'
2019-12-20 20:06:18 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.loader] You are using a custom integration for huesensor which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you do experience issues with Home Assistant.

Maybe not something you can fix, but it breaks my alarm nonetheless so I’m back to the previous version of HA.

I get the exact same message.

I’ve been looking on github but couldn’t find it. Do you have a link maybe?

2 Likes

A new pre-release is available on GitHub for those who still use the integration (as myself).
Please read the release notes carefully as it might break your setup.

Merry Christmas!

1 Like

We must be on the naughty list :slight_smile:

Seriously though, thanks for your continued support of this Ahmad.

you are not. it’s just a precaution, as always :wink:

1 Like

Buttons look much better and are way easier to read! Thank you! only small complaint I have is the Home and Away buttons look out of place in the disarmed state. not a major issue just a slight annoyance :grin:, Thanks again!

So what would make them look in place then?

Are you guys using Fully Kiosk on your tablets? I did a quick test and the buttons actually shrunk on my tablets. It could be some of my settings in Fully Kiosk though so I will test more when I have a chance. I have Fire 8 tablets.

I tried Fully Kiosk just yesterday (standard version, don’t have a PRO license) and it looked absolutely identical to WallPanel’s screen so yeah, it might be something to do with your FK settings.
The easiest way is to open it in Chrome or another browser?

Maybe in line with the numbers or more space between the numbers and alarm buttons?

that’s configurable so yes, pretty easy to change

that’s a bit less straightforward because there are potentially 3 buttons (Night, Home and Away).
again, will think about it.

The main reason why I released it as a pre-release was because it changes the way it looks, I wanted more feedback from real users (especially because I personally don’t use code to arm).

Retried it and made removed some changes I did in Fully Kiosk to increase the size of the old panel and it looks good now. Can finally read the number pad without my glasses. Thanks Ahmad.

1 Like

Tried to upgrade to 103.4 and Bwalarm still doesn’t work for me, “This component is not working”, had to revert to 103.0.

I’m not seeing the mqtt error as I did with 103.2, HA log doesn’t indicate any thing of importance.

cat home-assistant.log | grep alarm
2019-12-28 15:07:59 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.loader] You are using a custom integration for bwalarm which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you do experience issues with Home Assistant.
2019-12-28 15:07:59 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setting up alarm_control_panel
2019-12-28 15:08:00 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.alarm_control_panel] Setting up alarm_control_panel.bwalarm
2019-12-28 15:08:02 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup of domain alarm_control_panel took 2.4 seconds.
2019-12-28 15:08:10 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.automation] Initialized trigger Toggle alarm home

Guess only option is to disable mqtt to get the component to work again?