Bwalarm (akasma74 edition)

It seems to work well from what I can tell and is very easy to do (see split topic). I think it would be worthwhile.

1 Like

yeah, in fact the alarm itself can easily function on its own, the panel brings nice things like overriding sensors on arming and changing settings.
I have been thinking for a long time about splitting them in the light of depreciation of html panels and converting it to LLā€¦ will see.

4 Likes

@Ahmadk, please do not think your obliged to make it work, if RL is where you need to spend time, then please do. At the moment it works perfectly fine using the built in alarm panel. so no need to rush

I think one of the original driving factors behind this integration was that fact that we didnā€™t have the power to easily create a custom card with the old states menu and the html panel was put up in its place. Now we have Lovelace replacing it with either a custom card (or built in ones) certainly bears thinking about. Iā€™d wait until the current lazy loading issue is sorted out though.

Yes please, as long as I can enable/disable with an automation would be great as interim.

I donā€™t quite get what you meanā€¦ 8()

The temporary fix (with no panel) is available for download.

5 Likes

I decided to try to transition to the manual alarm_control_panel, while waiting on the bwalarm update. It requires a bunch of automations, and more config, but in the end it does most of what I needed from bwalarm.
I made a custom Lovelace card (based on the earlier Lovelace alarm panel card), which works with the manual alarm_control_panel, and tries to reproduce the nice appearance of the bwalarm GUI.
I posted the modified card and my entire config, with automations, explanation, etc at: https://github.com/jcooper-korg/AlarmPanel

Here are some screenshots:

5 Likes

so how to fix with panel?

Thank you for this. Just what I was looking for! I have this working.

Iā€™m using this as my base design for the wall panels:

The concept is a picture elements card with nested cards

Does anyone have any idea how I can style the alarm card to match my current fonts? This is what I have so far

- prefix: Alarm System
            <<: *title
            style:
              top: 9.15%
              left: 58.25%
              <<: *title-style
          - type: custom:alarm_control_panel-card
            entity: alarm_control_panel.ha_alarm
            style:
              top: 42.25%
              left: 75.75%
              width: 35vw
              height: 60%
            labels:
              ui.card.alarm_control_panel.arm_away: AWAY
              ui.card.alarm_control_panel.arm_home: NIGHT
              ui.card.alarm_control_panel.clear_code: CLEAR
              ui.card.alarm_control_panel.disarm: DISARM
            scale: 14px
            states:
              - arm_home
              - arm_away

I have tried applying styles like I do with my other nested cards but it has not worked.

Thanks for this!

Roll back to 0.114 or wait.

but how to config panel custom you can share with me please?

If you are on 0.115 you cant. You have four options:

1. Roll back to version 0.114, or

2. Wait patiently for an update, or

3. Use the Lovelace alarm card, or

4. Remove bwalarm and set up a manual alarm.

Hello mate

Is there is a way to run the HTML panel in a separate web session and not from within HA?

Cheers

Honestly, I didnā€™t have time to think if itā€™s possible at allā€¦ maybe, Iā€™ll try maybe next week.
But ultimately we donā€™t need it outside HA, do we?

1 Like

Not really that we need it outside HA but I liked the interface and how to control the sensors and the alarm settings visually

Cheers

@johnplanetz How do you manage the opened sensors? or ratherā€¦ doing that way, how can you bypass a sensor (if you can) ? noob question :slight_smile:

I set up my automations to trigger when state goes from off to on (i.e. when opening a window). So it lets you arm the alarm with a window open, but if you then close and reopen the same window, it would trigger.
Itā€™s not as nice as bwalarm, where if the window was open, it would warn you when arming, and ask if you want to override it. In my panel card, I show a ā€œnot readyā€ indicator when disarmed, but it lets you arm anyway.

Hey there-
A couple of options for changing the button font style:

Use Thomas Lovenā€™s card-mod.js and add something this to the alarm panel card style config:

style:
  .: |
    button {
        font-family: courier !important;
      }

Or you could just modify the alarm_control_panel-card.js code directly (see the style code starting at _style(icon_style, entity) .

Hope this helps,
John

Thank you!