Bwalarm (akasma74 edition)

Fixed everything for me. Thanks for the update.

can anyone please help me. I installed bwalarm but I am not seeing it in integrations or in the lovelace cards. I installed it via HACS nad followed this guide GitHub - akasma74/Hass-Custom-Alarm: It is a fork of "Yet another take on a home assistant cu
but I cannot get it working.

The web interface is broken. You have to edit the config/alarm.yaml file. Option details are here:

https://github.com/akasma74/Hass-Custom-Alarm/blob/9e776bb9cddb8bebf89c02c975f2f2c3d4b4e9c4/custom_components/bwalarm/resources/doc/configuration.md

The 2021.10.0b2 version of home assistant breaks bwalarm.

Thanks @tom_l

The latest release should fix it (and it works with any version of HA)

2 Likes

New beta 2021.12.01b breaks this integration again

This error originated from a custom integration.

Logger: homeassistant.config
Source: custom_components/bwalarm/alarm_control_panel.py:54
Integration: bwalarm (documentation)
First occurred: 12:41:28 AM (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 12:41:28 AM

Platform error: alarm_control_panel
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/config.py", line 887, in async_process_component_config
    platform = p_integration.get_platform(domain)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/loader.py", line 530, in get_platform
    cache[full_name] = self._import_platform(platform_name)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/loader.py", line 535, in _import_platform
    return importlib.import_module(f"{self.pkg_path}.{platform_name}")
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/importlib/__init__.py", line 127, in import_module
    return _bootstrap._gcd_import(name[level:], package, level)
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 1030, in _gcd_import
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 1007, in _find_and_load
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 986, in _find_and_load_unlocked
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 680, in _load_unlocked
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap_external>", line 850, in exec_module
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 228, in _call_with_frames_removed
  File "/config/custom_components/bwalarm/alarm_control_panel.py", line 54, in <module>
    from homeassistant.util          import sanitize_path
ImportError: cannot import name 'sanitize_path' from 'homeassistant.util' (/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/util/__init__.py)
Logger: homeassistant.components.homeassistant
Source: components/homeassistant/__init__.py:160
Integration: Home Assistant Core Integration (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 1:14:58 AM (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 1:14:58 AM

The system cannot restart because the configuration is not valid: Platform error alarm_control_panel.bwalarm - cannot import name 'sanitize_path' from 'homeassistant.util' (/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/util/__init__.py)
Logger: homeassistant.components.websocket_api.http.connection
Source: components/homeassistant/__init__.py:170
Integration: Home Assistant WebSocket API (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 1:14:58 AM (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 1:14:58 AM

[140364263012672] The system cannot restart because the configuration is not valid: Platform error alarm_control_panel.bwalarm - cannot import name 'sanitize_path' from 'homeassistant.util' (/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/util/__init__.py)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/websocket_api/commands.py", line 185, in handle_call_service
    await hass.services.async_call(
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py", line 1495, in async_call
    task.result()
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py", line 1530, in _execute_service
    await handler.job.target(service_call)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/service.py", line 733, in admin_handler
    await result
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/homeassistant/__init__.py", line 170, in async_handle_core_service
    raise HomeAssistantError(
homeassistant.exceptions.HomeAssistantError: The system cannot restart because the configuration is not valid: Platform error alarm_control_panel.bwalarm - cannot import name 'sanitize_path' from 'homeassistant.util' (/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/util/__init__.py)

Going to roll back HA for now :grimacing:

@jes1417 thanks for letting me know but itā€™s better to create a new bug report on Github (I suspect thereā€™s one already but I havenā€™t dealt with it yet).
Will look into it as soon as possible.

I will create one, just wanted to post here to save anyone else the trouble of downgrading.

Thanksā€¦ Happened for me as well, when I updated yesterday to the latest stable 2021.12.

1 Like

Iā€™ve created (bodged) a temporary fix which works for me on both 2021.11 and 2021.12. See the github post for details:- HA beta 2021.12.0b1 breaks integration Ā· Issue #136 Ā· akasma74/Hass-Custom-Alarm Ā· GitHub

The fix for HA newer than 2021.11 is ready.
Bear in mind I havenā€™t tested it on the recent versions but it should work fine, just made it compatible with older HA versions as well.

Sorry for the delay and have a great Christmas!

3 Likes

Wow. I started a hacky little alarm thing back in the day and used my initials (bw). Iā€™m surprised to still see the initials still there as this has grown way beyond anything I wrote. Iā€™m glad some others were able to run with it. :+1:

1 Like

yeah, you never knowā€¦ itā€™s a good stuff mate!

A new bugfix is available here for those on HA newer than 2021.11

A new release for HA 2022.5 and newer is available.

Hi All,

Are we able to use the UI again now, or is it only configurable from the YAML?

Sorry mate, out of the box GUI is not available.
However, I know for sure that some people used information posted earlier in this topic to create a custom card to control the alarm.
Hope that helps.

Thanks @AhmadK. I scrolled through the thread and canā€™t find it. I see people are using the built in card to arm/disarm, but not for config.

If anyone has built a config card, I would be thankful if you could share!

Well, the thing is that configuration was part of the original UI as well as logs, arming etc.
You are right, people are using custom cards to operate the alarm but there is no substitution to the original UI configurator at the moment so yes, the only way to do that is by editing its YAML config.
The upside is you normally need to do it once :wink:

A new release is available here.

It contains a small fix for users of HACS running Python 3.10 (more details here.)